"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:01:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Critting Grenadier build  (Read 2951 times)

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
Critting Grenadier build
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:04:31 pm »

SPECIAL: 4863686
Traits: OH, SF (to get AG 8)
Tags: Throwing, Traps, Science
Skills@21: 200% TH, 140% TR, 80% SC, 80% FA, 20% DOC
Level - Perk
3 - Awareness
6 - MC 1
9 - MC 2
12 - LG 1
15 - BROF
18 - MC 3
21 - Better Criticals
Effects: 21% crit, more than good throwing skills, 171 HP, can craft level 2 explosives (you will need to be affected by cigs when taking that profession), no Fast-Shot means you can aim with throwing knives to exploit your critting capabilities (at 21% crit chance, chance for crit on eyes is 71%, so you better aim for the eyes)

Here are some solutions regarding eye hits per turn.
EN 4 AG 10 = 10 AP = 2 eyeshots per turn
EN 4 AG 9 + Nuka Cola = 10 AP + 1 spare SPECIAL point = 2 eyeshots per turn
EN 4 AG 9 + Jet + Nuka Cola = 12 AP + 1 spare SPECIAL point = 2 eyeshots per turn + 2 AP, or 3 limbshots per turn
EN 6 AG 8 = 9 AP =1 eyeshot and 1 limbshot per turn
EN 6 AG 8 + Cookie = 10 AP = 2 eyeshots per turn
EN 6 AG 8 + Jet = 11 AP = 2 eyeshots per turn + 1 AP
EN 6 AG 7 + Jet + Nuka Cola = 11 AP + 1 spare SPECIAL point = 2 eyeshots per turn + 1 AP + 1 spare SPECIAL point

Because you have limited weapon range (16 hex), you will need to be at the front line. And to survive there, you will need some good armor and some more HP than EN 4 with LG 1 can provide. Too bad for you cookies are rare and last only 15 minutes, but Jet is fine too.

Note:
jup i have scored many of those.

Lehytek: better critical was adviced by devs after tests not to take if you dont aim :>

Also for grenadier i think living anatomy is one of the best perk, since it adds +5 dmg for whole area of explosion not only to target.
Skills@21: 200% TH, 140% TR, 80% SC, 40% FA, 60% DOC (you get to 80% by taking a perk on any level between 15 and 21)
Level - Perk
15-21 - Living Anatomy (instead of Better Criticals)
Effects: same + 5dmg per attack
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:16:17 pm by lehytek »
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Critting Grenadier build
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 05:41:46 pm »

You will need 5ST to throw max range, and a shot in eyes with throwing knives and BRoF is 5AP (so you can't get 3 shot in a turn)
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 05:52:46 pm »

a shot in eyes with throwing knives and BRoF is 5AP (so you can't get 3 shot in a turn)
Shit, my bad, got confus'd.

You will need 5ST to throw max range
Throwing knives have min ST 3, nades have 4. Why then can I throw them at a distance of 16 and 12 respectively?
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 05:53:13 pm »

got krit from nade only 1 time (1luck build) but got krits in body by knife much more times. bad luck ?

Let the Force be with You.

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 05:54:17 pm »

got krit from nade only 1 time (1luck build) but got krits in body by knife much more times. bad luck ?
You can't aim nades, that's why. Other parts than the torso have more crit chance than your minimum. The crit chance you get by LK, traits and perks is the minimum.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 05:57:31 pm »

fast shot doesnt work on grenades anyway. Also if you are making character based on grenades critical you should not take better criticals.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 05:59:37 pm »

You can't aim nades, that's why. Other parts than the torso have more crit chance than your minimum. The crit chance you get by LK, traits and perks is the minimum.
i hit by knife in torso, got some good krits. bombed by nades more than 100 times, and only 1 krit.

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 06:04:16 pm »

fast shot doesnt work on grenades anyway
That's why I didn't include it.
if you are making character based on grenades critical you should not take better criticals.
Why so? We've got enough crits to afford better ones.
i hit by knife in torso, got some good krits. bombed by nades more than 100 times, and only 1 krit.
Maybe because not just combat knives have buffs for crits, much more like, all of the sorts of knives.

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 06:06:10 pm »

I've never seen a grenade score a critical hit, are you sure that's even possible? 
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 06:07:14 pm »

I've never seen a grenade score a critical hit, are you sure that's even possible? 
i think i must got it in screen shot or in log. need look.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 06:08:36 pm »

jup i have scored many of those.

Lehytek: better critical was adviced by devs after tests not to take if you dont aim :>

Also for grenadier i think living anatomy is one of the best perk, since it adds +5 dmg for whole area of explosion not only to target.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 07:16:47 pm »

Throwing knives have min ST 3, nades have 4. Why then can I throw them at a distance of 16 and 12 respectively?

It's the ST needed to handle it properly (and don't have tohit malus), but throwing max range is ST*3 (in the limit of the range allowed for the weapon). So with 4ST and throwing knives, you throw at 12 hex, with 5ST at 15 hex, and 6ST 16hex.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 07:21:36 pm »

I don't think that +5 dmg is important for non burster.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 07:46:06 pm »

I don't think that +5 dmg is important for non burster.

It's important only for non burster, it's +5dmg on whole burst, not each bullet...

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 08:32:16 pm »

So it's not important for anyone.  :P
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 23 queries.