Author Topic: How to get mercenaries in the FOnline SDK?  (Read 8333 times)

Re: How to get mercenaries in the FOnline SDK?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 07:24:44 pm »
Nice work! simple too. Easy to understand. I imagine that slavery would be similar and would just need a little more beef in the middle when it comes to using a rope and such.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 09:55:48 pm »
Awesome idea!
Can you post the script when you figure it out!
Also it would be a good idea to STiCKY the figured out things! :)
Thanks

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 06:38:57 pm »
Sure, i'll see what i can do. I think there will need to be new critters though. (Copied from certain critters that you want enslavable with a different name and ID and the originals having a pause coded in when knocked unconscious to do a call for the rope.) Would involve editing the rope proto, and the main.fos aswell maybe.

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 09:57:40 pm »
please guide for stupid. What I do not understand where attributed. Thank you.

For example: the name of the script -> Add the line "I am a moron" -> open dialog "blah blah" and add the line "I need a mercenary"

JovankaB

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 10:14:19 pm »
please guide for stupid. What I do not understand where attributed. Thank you.

For example: the name of the script -> Add the line "I am a moron" -> open dialog "blah blah" and add the line "I need a mercenary"

I don't understand your question. Use full phrases and try to explain the problem more clearly,
not some arrows and "blah blah". If you are too lazy to write a proper question, do not expect
much success with scripting.

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 10:20:43 pm »
I do not know how can I add to my Fallout mercenaries. if I have to create / edit the script, or just edit the dialogue ... I did not understand it.

JovankaB

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 10:29:25 pm »
I do not know how can I add to my Fallout mercenaries. if I have to create / edit the script, or just edit the dialogue ... I did not understand it.

The function in the script which adds mercenary does not run magically by itself, it must be triggered by something.
So you must for example call the function from a dialog (from dialog node result). So you need the script AND a dialog
which calls the scripts when talking to an NPC. Janusz2238 explained it quite clearly.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:35:11 pm by JovankaB »

Offline SEGA_RUS

• Arbeit macht frei
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 12:00:18 pm »
here u can find a very "crude" merc control
but there is a small trouble about control packets:
How to change it in real time?
How to add new control packets?(better with detailed FAQ)
Skype - sega_75rus