"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 12:31:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New throwing mercs  (Read 1520 times)

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
New throwing mercs
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:38:22 am »

I think a new catagory should be added in the mercenary section, throwing, lets say like,
Ooo i like the one with the plasma grenades!, 5000 caps or I think ill take the one with the throwing knives

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: New throwing mercs
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:20:35 am »

You mean, hiring those guys that always kill you near SanFrancisco? Excellent idea - i imagine hiring one already, saying "hey, i saw you near SF, are we familiar?" an she's like "heeey, for reals, i got you real good back then, you still alive?:D" and then, i'd go like, "Yeah, yeah, nice to meet you now than we're on the same side, see that horde of deathclaws? I cover your back! ;D"

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:11:59 am »

5000 caps?

I see troll-squads: imagine Leaderchars jumping with 5 of those mercs. Its really cheap for 25k caps to have your merc play ping pong with your enemies  ;)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 12:28:52 pm »

5000 caps?

I see troll-squads: imagine Leaderchars jumping with 5 of those mercs. Its really cheap for 25k caps to have your merc play ping pong with your enemies  ;)

The fact that most throwing weapons are expensive, grenades only work once it would be fair.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 12:44:55 pm »

The fact that most throwing weapons are expensive, grenades only work once it would be fair.

not to mention the splash damage that can cause friendly fire

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 09:11:43 pm »

5000 caps?

I see troll-squads: imagine Leaderchars jumping with 5 of those mercs. Its really cheap for 25k caps to have your merc play ping pong with your enemies  ;)
I'm pretty sure that means base price. To compare it, 10mm SMG merc has a 4000 cap base price. Merc prices just went way over the top due to the cap inflation this session (but they always goes very high near the end of every session).
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 09:32:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure that means base price. To compare it, 10mm SMG merc has a 4000 cap base price. Merc prices just went way over the top due to the cap inflation this session (but they always goes very high near the end of every session).

Indeed i miss getting leather jacket mohawk women for around 500 caps  :'(

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 10:01:24 pm »

5000 caps?

Rocketlauncher mercs are more effective in every single way except TPS (Throw/shot per second(s)) so this would hardly be overpowered.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 10:15:29 pm »

Well i don't see a reason why this shouldn't be implemented , so i give thumbs up.

I can see this being really fun :) grenades blackening out the sun , big bang with an enormous knockback. Just like RL mercs only more " personal " up front the enemy because of the short range.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 10:20:43 pm »

I do have to say that it would be nice if they could somehow pick up their used throwing knives, would be a pain in the ass to do it manually after a long battle.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 10:32:28 pm »

I do have to say that it would be nice if they could somehow pick up their used throwing knives, would be a pain in the ass to do it manually after a long battle.

So your suggesting a new feature for mercs ? Like pick up weapon " x " when combat ends or ran out of current amount ?

I don't think devs will have time for this , seems to me like it does not fit in the big picture at this moment.

But if they would have time , sounds nice it would just make mercs more detailed at what can they do , more useful and less annoying.

FstrAnthony

• Yeah Its That Kind Of Perk
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »

why not just make melee mercs have throwing so if they are up close they can defend themselfs how about that
I will Murk U In Cod Black Ops Ps3

http://www.youtube.com/user/FstrAnthony1457?feature=mhee
[UPDATED]my youtube black ops channels [UPDATED]
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.