"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 10:27:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Build Help  (Read 1570 times)

Build Help
« on: April 08, 2011, 03:26:35 am »

Ok, so I've worked and modified this build (I call it the Energy Rogue) several times and I'd like some Advice on how I should tweak it before I use it

It is meant not so much to be a pure, but rather a assasin that can use sneak to get around and rapid fire with energy weapons. By lvl 15, it will be able to fire 5 shots per AP refresh with a turbo plasma rifle.
Nevertheless, it lacks in health and criticals, but makes up for this by being (hopefully) able to take out its opponents before they can fire a shot by useing a sneak ambush and rapid fireing of the Turbo Plasma Rifle.
It is also relatively self sufficiant by being able make and use small guns as expendable weapons, make its own leather armor (convenient for sneaking), as well as its own energy ammo.

S6 P7 E4 C4 I10 A8 L1
(glowing are tagged)
Skills: Small Guns 75; Big Guns 19; Energy Weapons 200; Unarmed 59; Melee Weapons 49; Throwing 35; First aid 35; Doctor 25; Sneak 199; Lockpick 50;  Steal 35; Traps 35; Science 90; Repair 60; Speech 20; Barter 19; Gambling 5; Outdoorsman 50

Traits: Fast Shot, Bloody Mess; Perks:Awareness(lvl3) Silent Running(lvl6) Sharpshooter(lvl9) Action Boy(lvl12) Bonus Rate of Fire(lvl15) Pack Rat(lvl18) Thief(lvl21)

Professions: Gunsmith (small Guns)1, Armorer 1, Energy Expert 1+2 (requreing a total of 60 repair, 90 science, 70 small guns, and 110% energy Weapons-which my build has)

Thanks for reading, and if possible please comment

lehytek

• Opinionated albinoid
Re: Build Help
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 03:51:16 am »

Looks cool, but nobody uses energy weapons for a good reason.
I saw your post, I had to LOL really hard. Hilarious.  8) Too bad they removed it, don't know why, it was not offensive to anyone.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 04:09:37 am »

useing a sneak ambush and rapid fireing of the Turbo Plasma Rifle.

There is no Turbo Plasma Rifle.
Everything must change.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 05:30:05 am »

Ok, so I've worked and modified this build (I call it the Energy Rogue) several times and I'd like some Advice on how I should tweak it before I use it

It is meant not so much to be a pure, but rather a assasin that can use sneak to get around and rapid fire with energy weapons. By lvl 15, it will be able to fire 5 shots per AP refresh with a turbo plasma rifle.
Nevertheless, it lacks in health and criticals, but makes up for this by being (hopefully) able to take out its opponents before they can fire a shot by useing a sneak ambush and rapid fireing of the Turbo Plasma Rifle.
It is also relatively self sufficiant by being able make and use small guns as expendable weapons, make its own leather armor (convenient for sneaking), as well as its own energy ammo.

S6 P7 E4 C4 I10 A8 L1
(glowing are tagged)
Skills: Small Guns 75; Big Guns 19; Energy Weapons 200; Unarmed 59; Melee Weapons 49; Throwing 35; First aid 35; Doctor 25; Sneak 199; Lockpick 50;  Steal 35; Traps 35; Science 90; Repair 60; Speech 20; Barter 19; Gambling 5; Outdoorsman 50

Traits: Fast Shot, Bloody Mess; Perks:Awareness(lvl3) Silent Running(lvl6) Sharpshooter(lvl9) Action Boy(lvl12) Bonus Rate of Fire(lvl15) Pack Rat(lvl18) Thief(lvl21)

Professions: Gunsmith (small Guns)1, Armorer 1, Energy Expert 1+2 (requreing a total of 60 repair, 90 science, 70 small guns, and 110% energy Weapons-which my build has)

i believe that with the exception of a few numbers in there im experiencing deja vu, i have seen this post before! why not bump the old thread with your improvements?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:59:40 am »

;) Reginmund, You are right - I have acually posted this (well a similar thing) on another thread - though I don't know how to bump thread (or post pictures) on this forum yet...

Boon Lived, you may be right about there being no turbo plasma rifle , but I saw on some sites that one can craft it  using: Plasma Rifle, Plasma Transformer, four Electronic Parts, and a Big Book of Science and Energy Expert [3] (so I'd still have to trade for it) (http://fr.fonline.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting), but I can't confirm yet on whether or not it is actually true.

Nevertheless, thanks for the posts  :)
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 09:02:37 am »

Everything must change.

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:58:34 am »

*I haven't played for a while so some informations may be incorrect, tell me if*

I tried to stay as close as possible from your original build, I used the Character Planner (here, if you didn't know about it it will be very helpful : http://www.nitue.net/fcp/) to make "your" character.

--------------------

with a turbo plasma rifle.

Not in the game, many recipes on wiki (or other sites) aren't implemented (yet?).

S6 P7 E4 C4 I10 A8 L1
Traits: Fast Shot, Bloody Mess

Why 4 in CH ? Generally it's 1 or 3, 9-10 for pure leaders. 3 is enough for most Charisma's check with NPC.
I think Bloody Mess may be bad because you can destroy your opponents' armors => confirm please. And you don't have to take 2 Traits, you can just pick a single one.
As your purpose is to shoot fast, why not take Small Frame and up your AG to 10 (with -1CH) ?

I think 200 EW is a bit high as you don't shoot from too far, plus you need as max as possible iin Sneak, 199 is definitely too low...
And you can remove 5 in SG, 70 is ok for Gunsmith 1.
And with 50 Outdoor you won't see the difference, or so few...

Perks:Awareness(lvl3) Silent Running(lvl6) Sharpshooter(lvl9) Action Boy(lvl12) Bonus Rate of Fire(lvl15) Pack Rat(lvl18) Thief(lvl21)

Hum I would hardly suggest you to take Lifegiver level 12, and get rid of Pack Rat, it's quite useless, plus you don't need to wear a heavy armor. With only 4 EN you will be killed even by weak non-critical shots.

No problems here...

--------------------

So, with the build I make for your character you will finish with :
- 70 Small Guns
- 152 Energy Weapons
- 267 Sneak (much better ^^)
- 90 Science

Done !  ;)
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 05:54:10 pm »

Gruik...
You really helped me out  ;D

Your advice about tweaking my character will really come in handy - and I highly appreciate how you tried to keep as close to my original build

Thank you very much for your help :)

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 07:06:47 pm »

No problem ^^

Actually I used to play an Energy Sneak char once, fighting with Plasma Rifle (and I wanted to have Turbo Plasma too, same disappointement =p). But he was kinda different, 'cause I was in a big team so he was Full PvP, and, principal difference, had 1 (or 2, don't remember) More Criticals and Better Crit. The build was really hard to make, I spent 2 days on it (6 Luck really changed the build compared to you !) ^^

But I can assure you that's really fun to play !
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 07:33:45 pm »

Ok, Here is what will probably be my final version, and hopefully everything came out alright:

S6 P7 E4 C3 I10 A10 L1
Traits: Fast Shot, Small Frame

Perks: Awareness(lvl3) Silent Running(lvl6) Sharpshooter(lvl9) Lifegiver(lvl12) Bonus Rate of Fire(lvl15) Action Boy(lvl18) Action Boy(lvl21)

Skills: Small Guns 70; Big Guns 20; Energy Weapons 150; Unarmed 62; Melee Weapons 52; Throwing 42; First aid 35; Doctor 22; Sneak 251; Lockpick 27;  Steal 30; Traps 27; Science 90; Repair 60; Speech 15; Barter 15; Gambling 5; Outdoorsman 29

Though there may no turbo plasma rifle in this game, this build has a whopping 12 AP, giving me the ability to fire a YK42B Pulse Rifle or regular Plasma Rifle up to four time in one AP refresh  ;D

Thanks again for your feedback ;)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 07:43:38 pm »

No YK. Plasma rifle without aiming is not so good, you would get better DPS with LSW.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 08:46:08 am »

No YK. Plasma rifle without aiming is not so good, you would get better DPS with LSW.

Crazy and his big guns ;D
Yes but, won't he have a high malus in Sneak considerating the weight of gun itslef and ammos (10 rounds a burst, 3 bursts before reloading, you don't go out without minimum 90 .223ammos) ?
Plus, this will change his build a lot.

*Off topic*
 Hmm and I want to create a new char, dunno if I will up him to 21 before wipe but it's for fun -and maybe occasion to play a bit with you TTT, remembering the good ol' times ;)-, Big Gun so. Does the LSW is now the best BG ? I saw (understand "was killed by" ><) more people with it than Avenger...

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 12:49:01 pm »

Weight malus isy small, and maxed, you won't have more malus with LSW than with plasma rifle. And it will be less expansive.
And the build will be roughly the same: same ST required. Just big guns instead of energy.

And yes, for now, LSW is better than avenger (not in pure DPS, or Solar gonna come proove I am wrong, but in general terms).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.