"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 28, 2024, 05:41:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Help I think I broke the game. I'm trapped.  (Read 9004 times)

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Help I think I broke the game. I'm trapped.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:57 am »

Well I talked to a friendly GM

It took you a GM to realize that your nickname might be slightly offensive to someone? It's getting better and better.
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:05 pm »

Так тебе и надо, пидорас. СТРАДАЙ

Uninstall this game.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 12:32:52 pm »

It took you a GM to realize that your nickname might be slightly offensive to someone? It's getting better and better.
You're helpful information on the situation will be appreciated for years to come.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 12:35:49 pm »

Is it me or does it seem like you're trolling? ;]
Everybody makes mistakes. Either get over it or just bugger off because you're not helping my friend in any way. :]
We, my friends. We are already in Hell.
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 01:02:42 pm »

Is it me or does it seem like you're trolling? ;]
Everybody makes mistakes. Either get over it or just bugger off because you're not helping my friend in any way. :]

You have to admit, even if he is your friend that its a pretty damn stupid mistake
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 01:30:51 pm »

You have to admit, even if he is your friend that its a pretty damn stupid mistake
Well he's not that smart :P But even so. That doesn't give 'Surf' the right to start trolling him =,='.
And stating the obvious, is just a way to get negative attention.
I didn't say he wasn't wrong, because he is.
I just didn't like how 'Surf' mocked him.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 01:33:31 pm »

Yeah, next time we give people like "Kill Brazilia" or " I <3 Hitl0r" pieces of flowers, because they might just've taken their names by accident, and wanted to name their characters "Jim." How dare we offend someone in ways like this!

It's not the games nor the staffs fault if people are too stupid reading/understanding simplest rules of etiquette.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:36:07 pm by Surf »

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:44 pm »

I dont get the point here. That guy was permajailed for naming his first char "Fuck Russia"!? I think i have seen tons of way worse nicks,
not in jails but in cities/TCs/encounters and so on. As many were near Lv.21 i guess they were around quite sometime and not jailed.
Of course some are offended by the nick (well, personally i see not much wrong with it in such a sexviolenceanddrugsenvironment),
but also this guy should not be unable to play because of such a minor rulebreaker.
Besides that, it seems noone told the guy how long he is jailed, 24 hours? Until his nick is changed?

Now that new player is jailed. He cant play, he cant rename himself and he cant restart the game.
He is unable to logoff in jail, so he cant delete his char (see: char is deleted when character is logged off).
He cannot create a new char, because his first char will stay logged in jail.

In german i would say "Mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schießen" - free translated "Use a Gatling Laser to kill a spore plant"
Really, the punishment seems to me harsher than any corner of the wasteland. Maybe some GM finds the key for
prison, and rename/delete that guys char, so he can start again with a less annoying nick.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 01:55:37 pm »

You are free to report these names then. GMs only jail people with offensive nicknames when they actually see them.
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 02:41:57 pm »

I dont get the point here. That guy was permajailed for naming his first char "Fuck Russia"!? I think i have seen tons of way worse nicks,
not in jails but in cities/TCs/encounters and so on. As many were near Lv.21 i guess they were around quite sometime and not jailed.
Of course some are offended by the nick (well, personally i see not much wrong with it in such a sexviolenceanddrugsenvironment),
but also this guy should not be unable to play because of such a minor rulebreaker.
Besides that, it seems noone told the guy how long he is jailed, 24 hours? Until his nick is changed?

Now that new player is jailed. He cant play, he cant rename himself and he cant restart the game.
He is unable to logoff in jail, so he cant delete his char (see: char is deleted when character is logged off).
He cannot create a new char, because his first char will stay logged in jail.

In german i would say "Mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schießen" - free translated "Use a Gatling Laser to kill a spore plant"
Really, the punishment seems to me harsher than any corner of the wasteland. Maybe some GM finds the key for
prison, and rename/delete that guys char, so he can start again with a less annoying nick.

Yep, I don't understand either. Well it's probably 'cause an admin or GM was offended by his name [probably from Russia :P]
And that guy/woman feels butthurt. so yeah. I do hope it gets solved real quick. Because after all, my friend is pretty addicted to this game :P

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 02:59:04 pm »

Ok so I was just checking stuff out in my tent and next thing I know I am in this prison tripping balls having NO IDEA what is going on and I can't leave, Then this dude comes out of nowhere and says I'm in here for having an Offensive Name (my name was "Fuck Russia")
 and when I asked if he was a GM he just said "Nope just some guy passing through" and he vanished.

Epic GM is Epic ;D
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 03:54:55 pm »

Well he's not that smart :P But even so. That doesn't give 'Surf' the right to start trolling him =,='.
And stating the obvious, is just a way to get negative attention.
I didn't say he wasn't wrong, because he is.
I just didn't like how 'Surf' mocked him.

You admit he's wrong but....

Well it's probably 'cause an admin or GM was offended by his name [probably from Russia :P]
And that guy/woman feels butthurt.

lololol butthurt gm? subtle trolling at work? watch out for this one  ;)
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 04:52:15 pm »

You admit he's wrong but....

lololol butthurt gm? subtle trolling at work? watch out for this one  ;)

I have no intention to troll xD But yeah, my friend is at wrong. However, don't you think 'perma jail' is too much for the name?
I mean as far as I know in all games I've played, which are a lot, they always gave the person in wrong an option to change names.
Even if he had to make a new account it'd be fine. Offensive name isn't an 'serious offense' as far as I know :P
It's more of a minor offense. But he's being punished like it was a serious offense.
Do you not agree?:]
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 05:04:03 pm »

A: I don't think the issue of his name being bad is up for debate. the fact that the GM's are being cruel by not allowing him to change his name is however highly questionable.

B: You could probably just reset your router if you have a dynamic IP. worst case you change your IP and reinstall and that should fix it.

-Ulrek-

pawns4mons

• Такова жизнь в зоне!
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 06:04:35 pm »

anyway, reinstall doesnt help anything. I heard about that these "10 minutes" are some hours. But why doesnt the ~deleteself work? What does it says?

you need to log out to delete yourself. I am truly trapped.

EDIT;

Thank you Blessing you are a true friend. And thanks to anyone who defends me. Honestly I admit it was a stupid name, Whatever my reasons were I guess it's still Offensive, But I had no clue I could be jailed for such a thing. After reading the manual looking for rules I only found out game info and a Fajita recipie, I don't think is a rule for offensive names I think the GM's can just ban and jail whoever they want. And yes the guy who jailed me was Russian. I wrote him a personal letter of apology and even drew him a picture, But I don't think he is going to help me.

I don't really want to do the IP changing route, One reason is my ethernet cable is held in with tape and elastics so I tend to avoid touching the modem in any way. and second reason is because I would like to deal with this the political way.

So I hope the issue can be resolved without me being permabanned, I really love this game and already my friends are level 5 with nice shiny guns and I am in prison. I honestly feel bad I think I really offended the guy its been a day since I sent him a message and no reply and I totally feel like he is punishing me by not letting me play again ever.

I think there is a difference between someone who has the name "Fuck Russia" and runs around with a bluesuit telling russians to go fuck themselves and does nothing, And a person who made some friends, Shoveled shit, got a tent and was actually playing the game.

I met a few russians in game too and they had no problem with me, a few people around VC even gave me some brahmin skins, guns, ammo, armor, etc. I was being a respectfull player in all aspects except for my name which I did not know was wrong (But I obviously knew it was not the most respectfull name, Just didn't think it mattered)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:34:02 pm by pawns4mons »
Peace And Love.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.