"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 06:31:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

have you been killed by wwp for no reason?

Yes
- 72 (53.3%)
No
- 63 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: have you been killed by wwp for no reason?  (Read 28514 times)

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: have you been killed by wwp for no reason?
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2011, 11:51:00 pm »

So when you guys are roleplaying, like, how do you know someone is a "Rouge" in the roleplaying fashion as to recognize them only by their player name?! Even when they have a dirty robe on hiding their identity?  :P

Since when wearing a robe prevent to recognize someone's face? Name of a player is like his face. And you recognize it. Having a robe doesn't change anything, especially for policemen who won't just look at you from 50 meters.
Also, I don't think the dudes who come with robes and LSW in town really think in a Rp way "I hide my identity".
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2011, 01:33:25 am »

Since when wearing a robe prevent to recognize someone's face?
Since logic entered the equation.
Name of a player is like his face. And you recognize it. Having a robe doesn't change anything, especially for policemen who won't just look at you from 50 meters.
how come?  Are these policemen super duper omniscent badasses by some godly/ungodly means?
Also, I don't think the dudes who come with robes and LSW in town really think in a Rp way "I hide my identity".
All of the policemen (which consists of over 40+ players whether not they are or are not there at the time) and 15 militia are fully decked out in gear, why would ONE guy in a ROBE that just happens to have a high-powered gun in his hands make hiding one's identity tough?  Especially if it's crowded with other neutrals.

Now unless he was doing something strange then yeah, suspicious.  But if not....  :P
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2011, 01:37:14 am »

Now unless he was doing something strange then yeah, suspicious.  But if not....  :P

You should know everyone is very suspiscious when you're guarding a town in Fonline, especially if he is trying to hide his face. :P

how come?  Are these policemen super duper omniscent badasses by some godly/ungodly means?
Looking closely at someone to see his face under what he wear is not what i would call a godly power.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2011, 02:10:39 am »

You should know everyone is very suspiscious when you're guarding a town in Fonline, especially if he is trying to hide his face. :P
  But your roleplaying a very large town (Maybe not seem like ingame but by canon it is large) so one guy in robe with a gun isn't going to make everyone spaz out/piss their pants/run/shoot.  Besides, like I said, unless he is doing something suspicious....

Looking closely at someone to see his face under what he wear is not what i would call a godly power.
  He could easily make sure his hood is well over his face, either by making it too dark from inside to see or simply covered.  Thus yes....  it seems they have a godly power.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2011, 02:54:07 am »

He could easily make sure his hood is well over his face, either by making it too dark from inside to see or simply covered.  Thus yes....  it seems they have a godly power.

And it is the duty of every guards of a town like Redding to check his/her identity. It's not a town full of scum like NCR, troublemaker are recognized and shot here.
But anyway... This discussion is really pointless. We can find infinite RP counter argument. Are you really, you, a chosen, trying to claim that our RP is bad cause we shoot on sight our ennemies in Robes? It's really funny. Anyway, robes don't hide identity, that's a gameplay fact. The day dev implement invisible name when wearing robe, so yes, robes will hide identity in RP. Gameplay is the RP support, you can't claim something that is wrong in the game.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2011, 03:06:24 am »

And it is the duty of every guards of a town like Redding to check his/her identity. It's not a town full of scum like NCR, troublemaker are recognized and shot here.
but are you?  I'm pretty sure you just shoot.

Are you really, you, a chosen, trying to claim that our RP is bad cause we shoot on sight our ennemies in Robes?
Are you really, you, making a stereotypical remark? It's really funny.

And to answer your question, yes, I am.

Anyway, robes don't hide identity, that's a gameplay fact. The day dev implement invisible name when wearing robe, so yes, robes will hide identity in RP.
I think i will put this into suggestion if it hasn't already...  :P

Gameplay is the RP support, you can't claim something that is wrong in the game.
 Although largely yes, the actual "RolePlay" is the character itself.  If every single lawman in redding is triggerhappy against everyone then there is obviously something wrong here.  What is there to fear so strongly?  They have half the wasteland below the belt.

Y0ssarian

• incredible
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2011, 04:26:33 am »

That's a great idea about robes hiding identities, see where arguing gets us? :P
power

Jescri

• TTTLA
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2011, 10:32:32 am »

Michaelh, before saying us how to do good RP, try to have your own RP, a different than : "I shot everybody, because I am a raider, and dont come to cry because wasteland is harsh" -> The poorest RP of the game.

More over when you kill somebody wearing a robe, how do you know Michaelh that this guy hiding is face is not a CS ? You cant know, so you criticize what you also do.

For the robes, as we are in a guarded town, we can say that the militia checks the face of poeple before entering in town. And you know, WWP have list where poeple are designed as troublemakers, a kind of wanted list, in the sheriff home.
[My signature was too big, like Jescri's dick]

avv

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2011, 10:39:11 am »

Michaelh how much experience you have about trying to uphold a society in tc town? You try to question, ridicule and criticize what wwp does yet you have no actual clue what we do and why. It's like talking about town control or pvp without ever trying it.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »

Michaelh, before saying us how to do good RP, try to have your own RP, a different than : "I shot everybody, because I am a raider, and dont come to cry because wasteland is harsh" -> The poorest RP of the game.
I don't just shoot everyone, whenever I see I am alone with some guy I 75% time try to rob by force instead of shot.  "give me your fucking shit or I'll blow your sorry ass away!"
More over when you kill somebody wearing a robe, how do you know Michaelh that this guy hiding is face is not a CS ? You cant know, so you criticize what you also do.
 I don't care who this guy is I just kill him because as you said I am raider.   ;)
For the robes, as we are in a guarded town, we can say that the militia checks the face of poeple before entering in town. And you know, WWP have list where poeple are designed as troublemakers, a kind of wanted list, in the sheriff home.
This works.  ;D

Michaelh how much experience you have about trying to uphold a society in tc town? You try to question, ridicule and criticize what wwp does yet you have no actual clue what we do and why. It's like talking about town control or pvp without ever trying it.
I have had a couple of attempts similar to this, mostly on the down-low.  You know that basement you guys would sometimes track me and a couple of my friends down to in east side; new reno?  You maybe not have but other tttla have.  Our roleplay was that we were some junkies who lived in that basement, and robbed people in other areas to get our fix.  We would rob people, and either drop it off there or sell it all to the nearest drug seller.

See?  I can make roleplay too.  And guess what, every time i did this I would make friends in reno rather than ask a bunch of my CS friends to come. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:59:37 pm by Michaelh139 »

avv

« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2011, 06:35:12 pm »

You know that basement you guys would sometimes track me and a couple of my friends down to in east side; new reno?  You maybe not have but other tttla have.  Our roleplay was that we were some junkies who lived in that basement, and robbed people in other areas to get our fix.  We would rob people, and either drop it off there or sell it all to the nearest drug seller.

See?  I can make roleplay too.  And guess what, every time i did this I would make friends in reno rather than ask a bunch of my CS friends to come.

So basically your roleplay was about killing guys for makeshift reason. Nothing wrong with that, it's gameplay like any other but not similar as what wwp does. WWP isn't necessarily roleplay, getting along with people is a goal - no roleplay needed. So because you did some roleplay that didn't resemble the goal wwp was after doesn't mean that you understand what we're all about.

One thing I can confess: we had dumb rules previously. Treating players depending on their choice of faction was a mistake. We justified it by showing people that crimes and violations against Redding have consequences. It was fair rule and made perfect sense but did more harm than good in the end, too much time was spent on trying to figure out if someone was member of criminal gang. Criminal gang members refused to pay for the crimes their gangs had done and they had to be told to leave. We had full rights to demand payments, but it just didn't work out.
So in 22.4th we changed our rules to allow players to come regardless of their faction, as long as they didn't do anything bad with that character. For example reese had his pk chars and peaceful chars. Too bad players didn't get to enjoy this change of rules long since our enemies increased the frequency of their attacks.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2011, 08:24:57 pm »

This topic slowly change to some kind of trolling bible.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2011, 04:40:50 am »

This topic slowly change to some kind of trolling bible.

I thing it was the goal of the topic ....
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2011, 11:26:01 am »

I thing it was the goal of the topic ....
Stop "thinging" and start thinking.
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2011, 12:30:53 pm »

Stop "thinging" and start thinking.

What is this for smart sentence ?
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.