"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 06:04:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fallout 1 Mapper  (Read 3509 times)

Xarr

• Former Troll
Fallout 1 Mapper
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:00:39 pm »

I got an Mapper for Fallout 2 but does someone know a mapper for Fallout 1
or can someone send me the map files? i broke my cd...  ::)
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Fallout 1 Mapper
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:01:50 pm »

There is no mapper for Fallout 1. You can open Fallout 1 maps with the BIS mapper, but when you save them, you have to hex edit some turf inside it, to make them work again with Fallout 1.

Xarr

• Former Troll
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:04:24 pm »

No other way? Ok then i get a lot of work...
I used to be a bag of dicks, but then I grew up. I gave many of you guys a hard time, but on the other side I kept myself busy with helping players, and I never gave up on that.

Still, the FOnline community is a thing of it's own class.

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:21:01 am »

AFAIK, you can convert maps between FO1/FO2 format with DIMS mapper and then open them in BIS mapper. Be aware that it's buggy and incomplete. Also not sure if it converts everything correctly.

If you intend to use this for FOnline, you're going to have a lot of work to do. About two years ago, FOnline mapper was compatible with FO2 format, so you could convert FO1 maps to FO2 with DIMS mapper, then load them into FOnline mapper, but this is not possible anymore. So the only way is to hunt down an old versions of the mapper from someone that has them all saved, and then start opening and saving the map until the latest.

Or, you can start recreating the map from sight, probably a lot easier, unless it's Hub or NCR.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 24 queries.