"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 10:57:43 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is there any point to playing this game without bringing a bunch of rl friends?  (Read 3673 times)

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC

And yes...  To even live in this game at all you need a tent.  That's first and foremost.

I would argue that a bank account is first and foremost.  A tent is 2nd.

bank accaunt good only in redding and sf, maybe bh.
i cant withdraw 1k caps in vc, ncr, hub. anytime i try.

Let the Force be with You.

Majer

• Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares.

You can survive alone it will be hard, but possible. Unfortunately, it won't be a fun game unless you find a bunch of friends.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe

I would argue that a bank account is first and foremost.  A tent is 2nd.
Bank? But there are no interest rates. I don't see your point. It's much easier to make money after you get a tent anyway.

Also, to answer OP's question:
Is there any point to playing this game without bringing a bunch of rl friends?
Yes. You don't need real-life friends to play this game. But being in a faction, with real-life friends or just friends you know in-game, is helpful.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:47:01 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

The game really isn't designed for solo play. I mean I play alone with one character and thoroughly enjoy it, but I'm also aware I'm not touching the game's main features/selling points. Super competitive PvP doesn't do anything for me, so I leave it alone.

Just bum around the southern half of the map, poking around caves and using low tier guns. I find it pretty fun. Though I've definitely got more xp from avoiding encounters than I have kills + quests combined.

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....

I must dissagree making alts for crafting and mining is a must then tent... then u can slowly level up your characters if you are playing alone.
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.

I must dissagree making alts for crafting and mining is a must then tent... then u can slowly level up your characters if you are playing alone.

With current setting making stealer alt joining brotherhood stealing brotherhood patrol hundred times selling their stuff is the fastest way to start from zero now imho.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile

Well.. i started this game without RL friends and i stop my game without them (When i got bored and never know when that going to happend)
Ingame friends are too easy get for hunting trips/farming stuff, but if you want they to join faction then they betrayal you (most of them)

I tried getting my RL friends (and brother) into this. They lasted about two hours. Fun two hours though, mostly spent in low level gun battles in Reno. Shame Reno wasn't so heavily camped back then, that would've encouraged a lot more new players.

kiki123

Well.. i started this game without RL friends and i stop my game without them (When i got bored and never know when that going to happend)
Ingame friends are too easy get for hunting trips/farming stuff, but if you want they to join faction then they betrayal you (most of them)

Its not just the game, its in real life too... get used to it.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC

bank accaunt good only in redding and sf, maybe bh.
i cant withdraw 1k caps in vc, ncr, hub. anytime i try.

Well yes, now.  But that's because of bad banking practices.  After wipe, it'll be back to normal.

Bank? But there are no interest rates. I don't see your point. It's much easier to make money after you get a tent anyway.

Sure it is.  But, you need to save up those 1000 caps to buy those hides.  If you go find hides on your own, and if you're a noob, you'll die and lose a bunch of stuff.  Easier to make 1000 caps first, then buy 10 hides.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile

Its not just the game, its in real life too... get used to it.
Heh.. #1000000... who said that :P
Me like this and i stay with this.

avv

I tried getting my RL friends (and brother) into this. They lasted about two hours. Fun two hours though, mostly spent in low level gun battles in Reno. Shame Reno wasn't so heavily camped back then, that would've encouraged a lot more new players.

You best just join a gang whose morales are closest to your own. Eventually rest of your mindet will merge with the group's.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

kiki123

You can survive alone it will be hard, but possible. Unfortunately, it won't be a fun game unless you find a bunch of friends.

Not true at all... i played in alot of big factions before the wipe, when i started again 2 months ago i was offered to join the tnb and have everything right away... its not fun.... its more fun with smaller groups , playing with couple of people online and talking on skype or team speak husling everyday crafting stuff and atacking and robbing hopping u will get more.... to me that is the point of fallout not having 50 ca ba 100 avengers  , ammo and drugs  by the ton, its boring... u die its like u never even died.......

Majer

• Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares.

You hadn't understand my answer at all. The point is, that this group of players, no matter what the size, but rather familiarity with them is essential to find any fun parts of the game. With none instead - there's no sense to play this game.

So the short answer for the original poster question is: "No, there's none"
Although there's no reason for friends to be known from real life.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.