"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 02, 2024, 11:00:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Starting points in the game.  (Read 875 times)

Starting points in the game.
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:34:58 pm »

Either I get my shit stomped by players or npc's, but what I'm looking for is some kind of starting guide.
I'm not whining, I just need some guidelines, I'm used to full loot pvp after playing Darkfall for two years. But please, any advice?

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Starting points in the game.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:48:25 pm »

1.Kill brahmins (in TB it is easy, even if you are unarmed, tho it will take a while) by using your advantage of speed - they are slower and have about 8 AP I think.
2.Build a tent with 10 brahmin hides you gathered from earlier. Make sure the tent is close to a populated, guarded town.
3.Leave all your stuff at the tent.
4.Go to a guarded town and search for people who may help you, if they kill you, it doesn't matter, all the stuff is at your tent.
5.Learn about crafting! It's almost always best to have a crafting char as a main char, especially if you are a new player.
6.After getting guns and such stuff, do some quests and kill monsters for leveling.
 6.1.Incase you get confused, run out of ammo/guns whatever, repeat from step 3.
7.After you have mastered your character, read the wiki VERY much. You will always find new valuable information.
8.Go out in the game! Join a faction, or maybe you want to be a random PKer? It's your choice now!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Starting points in the game.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:53:57 am »

Either I get my shit stomped by players or npc's, but what I'm looking for is some kind of starting guide.
I'm not whining, I just need some guidelines, I'm used to full loot pvp after playing Darkfall for two years. But please, any advice?

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=5767.0
try that. It is outdated, but i think gives you still best ways to improve.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.