"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 09:23:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New banking system  (Read 1391 times)

New banking system
« on: March 29, 2011, 04:05:14 pm »

Sorry I didn't make any suggestions on the other thread, I was angry so I just complained about it, my suggestion about the banking system is simple, each account should be separated from the rest, a simple system like the one used in most RPG games, the bank should be a stash not real bank, and you could leave the interests for putting money on the bank and just generate new money (magicly) I mean Npcs are a part of FO world and we can pretend they actually use the bank to justify this.. but if no dev is going to fix it then this is not useful at all, why aren't they fixing it? isn't the game in beta?

kiki123

• Ia Ia Chtulhuu Fatagn....
Re: New banking system
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:14:27 pm »

I want to smoke some of that shit uve been smoking.... for real... i havent understood 60% of your post, first of all i think the bank has been working like that...second of all the interest rates were used and abused to the point where the devs had to change it, until a nother solution comes up
Praise Dagonn and Chtulhuu The wastelands worst enemie.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 04:15:53 pm »

Why do we need interest rates at all? Seems to me that it encourages players to hoard rather than spend.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:16:03 pm »

I'm good with no interests at all too, tho the bank should get new funds right now so people can take the money, just found out there are no more interests so great
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 02:12:20 am »

Interest wasn never high enough for hoarding.  Again, even at 200k, 1% interest is 2000.  If you factor in the harshness, average cost of items, etc, its not very much at all.

Dedicateted players probably spend 10K+ a day for TC.  Anyways, everyone knows that the key to real wealth is to kill someone and take theirs.  T-Rays and base sellers is a great example.

Hoarding happens when folks have a routine and very fast way of getting items(AKA robbing folks or farming NPCs) and then storing all those gains for a rainy day.

I suppose at sufficiently high levels of money it can be abused but the only time that happened was with the TC glitch.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:13:58 am by Keldorn »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 03:22:41 am »

200k isn't that much at all. Think about 2 million caps or more. The interest rates were too high, you are just in denial to say they weren't. People were doing nothing and getting 20,000+ caps a day, which then increased each day as the rates piled.

Quote from: Keldorn
...the only time that happened was with the TC glitch.
Uh, wrong. TC Glitch has very little to do with it, many people were still able to make 5 million+ caps without ever taking part in TC.
_________
Something does need to change with banks though... they are useless feature. I never used them pre-August 2011 wipe, because there was no point. It's much easier to store money in tents. so banks are useless.

(The only bank worth putting money in [pre-wipe] was Broken Hill's one, because it was right next to mutant merc ;))
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:28:09 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 03:37:07 am »

I never used them pre-August 2011 wipe, because there was no point.

:o watch out people it will be a while.

sorry to go off topic but with all the wipe threads and all ehehehehe...

anyway back to topic, without the interest banks aren't useful and with interest people will hoard ridiculous quantities of caps to gain interest as abe pointed out. Unless of course you impose a restriction on interest so once you reach a certain quantity of caps you no longer receive free money. But then you might be able to have a secondary joint account to accumulate free money and continually split it between bank accounts so it will have to be high enough for say a solo player and low enough so gangs wont bother doing this. The timing of interest is probably the issue to address because getting it daily was silly.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 05:30:05 pm »

Problem of interrest was that it was way too high. Average 2% a day. Rummors says that it applied two times so it is 4% a day. From my experience it made my humble 200k to 2milion in month. Ten times increase a month without having to do anything or to risk anything is way too much. I am glad that there is no such interrest now.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 05:31:58 pm »

200k isn't that much at all. Think about 2 million caps or more. The interest rates were too high, you are just in denial to say they weren't. People were doing nothing and getting 20,000+ caps a day, which then increased each day as the rates piled.
Uh, wrong. TC Glitch has very little to do with it, many people were still able to make 5 million+ caps without ever taking part in TC.
_________
(The only bank worth putting money in [pre-wipe] was Broken Hill's one, because it was right next to mutant merc ;))

So please elaborate why nobody thought interest was bad untril TC glitch happened??  As I recall the bitching started as soon as the mutie merc problem happened.

Getting 5mill plus on from a sizable deposit is possible.  But thats IF the guy doesn't spend any of the money for months.  PKers have overhead from weapons to ammo to armor.  Crafters also have overhead as well especially becauseof the insane cooldown system  Add into account the possibility to be robbed or the system to glitch out or general "wasteland is harsh".  Even if this were to occur, how could such an amount of caps un-balance an entire economy?  It is BY FAR, apparent that TC gltich gains un-balanced the bank system.  It was proven over the many mutie merc whine threads.  I do not remember A SINGLE thread from folks who complained the game was too easy because their measly deposit brought them untold wealth.

PS:  If interest was doubled and caused the sizable return from a moderate investment than thats an interest bug, no different from TC bug. Has nothing to do with interest inherently being a problem.  Blame the people NOT the system.  This game is all about letting folks do what they want and its clear a great many chuckleheads exist to abuse the system and others for simply, DALULZ.  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:49:26 pm by Keldorn »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.