Poll

Will you appreciate colorizing back ?

Yes
- 41 (82%)
No
- 9 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bring name colorizing back  (Read 7115 times)

Bring name colorizing back
« on: March 30, 2011, 03:36:29 pm »

As its said in title.

Bring old name colorizing as we had before wipe.  

Some facts: There is no real explanation why it is disabled.
                  Current system of taging is inconvenient. Tag is work only for one character, other characters just need to make tag again.
                  There is little problem about showing green/red buttons in menu,sometimes 3x in row.
                  Old colorizing was PERFECT tool for everyone when you wanted to recognize someone by faction or by anything else.

Prove me if i am wrong but seriously, i dont see any reason why old colorizing shoudnt be back in game.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:27:33 pm by Hololasima »
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Bring name colorizing back
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 04:42:47 pm »

Oh yes! We want it! Actual system is awfully inconvenient.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 05:23:38 pm »

I think that colorizing was taken because of bigass mean aliances. But this era have proven that forming and falling apart of bigass mean aliances is independent of namecolorizing.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

LeonTheNorse

• Hobo with a shotgun
    • Crazy 88 Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 12:01:31 am »

Voted yes, and as oskarus said about factions and name colourisng is very much true.

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 12:11:16 am »

Voted yes as well. Another drawback is bases. This era we buy bases just for the faction name colorizing. Kind of a waste really. With the old colorizing we could remain members of our homebases and still have easily recognized allies.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 12:33:08 am »

Yes indeed, it would be so nice to have it back.

This little trick of color makes the game much richer.

In this game every character is a clone.
We recognize people thanks to their name over their head => with a color it's like giving them a new special feature that emphasizes thier identity (like gangs which used to wear same clothes to be recognize).
TTTLA for a New World Order

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 02:35:17 am »

Yes for all obvious reasons already stated.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 05:57:17 am »

I voted Yes, because of reasons already mentioned. I've noticed a few members voted No, too bad they didn't explain why (I'd actually like to read their opinions and arguments).

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 06:21:36 am »

Yay for more metagaming options.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 07:33:22 am »

Of course NO.

If you need to know reasons again, just use search - there were lots of discussions about it and people had (and still have) the reasons to say "no".
Shortly:
- you could as well resign from nicknames, nicknames don't count when all you need is a stupid colour above player's name so you can quickly choose whether to shoot him or not (it's probably that "feature" which Cryofluid was talking about),
- so many people whining about the fact that this game is more quake than fallout, then same people want to colorise characters.. again, team deathmatch? :)
- making big alliances as complicated as pressing CTRL+C CTRL+V,
- a lot of additional out-of-game gang-management to make sure your gang's list includes all its members and its enemies, to make sure everyone has the damn list downloaded and blah blah blah,
- a lot of "why weren't you on our list" or "why you shot him he was on our list as green" special encounters :D
- "I don't know you but you're red so die, biatch".

It was explained many times that it's just a step back. If any nickname colorising should be introduced again at all, then probably it should be linked to faction's terminal where you could set friend, enemy and others and give them appropriate "colour". Terminals are gonna to be reworked some day, or so they said, right? Still, this is closer to team deathmatch than any roleplay game (why would your character magically know who is red and who is green and who is blue?).
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09:54 am »

If any nickname colorising should be introduced again at all, then probably it should be linked to faction's terminal where you could set friend, enemy and others and give them appropriate "colour". Terminals are gonna to be reworked some day, or so they said, right? Still, this is closer to team deathmatch than any roleplay game (why would your character magically know who is red and who is green and who is blue?).

Terminals are good, but that still doesn't explain why people would still magically go red/green/blue.
I think the pipboy is lacking in functions, so why not give it a FOF function ? (who knows, maybe do a quest to get the FOF module ;)?)
I suggested this a while back and some people liked the idea but the thread eventually died..
Basically, 2 simple amendable lists of friend/enemy that can be saved to and loaded from "tapes".
This way, people need to actually get "tapes" from bases to load their friend/enemy list, not simply copy a file and magically know who is who.

Does this solve the "meta-gaming" problem ?
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 09:37:36 am »

- you could as well resign from nicknames, nicknames don't count when all you need is a stupid colour above player's name so you can quickly choose whether to shoot him or not (it's probably that "feature" which Cryofluid was talking about),

You miss the point because you have only a PVP vision of the game.
I love 50% pvp and 50% discussing of bullshit in game and when I speak of bullshit I love to say "hey look, bloody bastards gang coming in town"

Of course if you are negative and pvp only oriented, you see NC as Quake or UT team deathmatch.

As for me, I see name colorizing as this:

Question of point of view I guess

Edit: and don't tell me you can replace it by putting a gang name in your character name for 2 reasons:

1- already enough letters over heads thank you
2- what if my character wants to change gang?  I have to rebuild a new one each time I change?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:54:20 am by Cryofluid »
TTTLA for a New World Order

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 11:39:45 am »

Some facts: There is no real explanation why it is disabled.
                  Current system of taging is inconvenient. Tag is work only for one character, other characters just need to make tag again.
                  There is little problem about showing green/red buttons in menu,sometimes 3x in row.
                  Old colorizing was PERFECT tool for everyone when you wanted to recognize someone by faction or by anything else.

Another fact - you cannot tag running guy!

I'm all for NC back!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 12:12:51 pm »

Quote from: Doctor Eex
you cannot tag running guy!

Yes, you can  ;)

avv

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 12:19:24 pm »

Can't you just play with the same name? You all have your own nicks here at forums, that's how we recognize who's who. With all the differend characters and names they have, the whole problem of not knowing who's who is caused by players themselves.
A character is player's reflection in the game world so it's up to him to build his own reputation.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 26 queries.