"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 01:17:35 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Buying the abandoned bunker :(  (Read 2198 times)

Buying the abandoned bunker :(
« on: March 21, 2011, 05:20:23 pm »

Hello to everyone.

Got some problems with buying the abandoned bunker for my faction.

I checked the wiki, searched the official forum and even some unofficial, asked other players and molested the google but didn't find solution so im here now.

Me and 2 friends of mine already have an faction with outpost. Now we want to buy the abandoned bunker - and we have to talk with trapper in junktown with 500k+ caps right? So we did that, went to junktown, bought trapper a beer, our leader isn't in any faction - but we can't the quest for abandoned bunker. we can buy cave or outpost, but no options for abandoned bunker.

Can anyone tell me how to start this quest. Maybe all 3 of us can't be in any faction. Maybe there are some charisma requirements? What are we doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
Re: Buying the abandoned bunker :(
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:06:01 pm »

Afaik, u dont need the 500k caps in Junktown, but laters in Necropolis. That is where u actually buy the bunker, but
dont know much about the quest u have to do before.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:50:37 pm »

You have to talk to the guy in Junktown to activate the quest (you can do this on your own I think).
Than you have to go to the Boneyard and talk to some scavengers.
From there you need to go to Necropolis where you can buy the bunker from a ghoul.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »

Ok but the problem is - there is no talk option about bunker or any quest with the guy in junktown ;/.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:16:35 pm »

I have done the quest about month ago and I think it haven't changed. If I remember correctly the guy in Junktown doesn't have anything to do with the bunker itself. So it's the guy in Necropolis who knows about a bunker and you can buy it from there. Junktown guy only gives you clue how to find that bunker guy.
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:28:55 pm »

Ok. Thanks for ur help everybody.

Here's the solution of my problem (maybe someone else will need it):

Abandoned bunker can be bought from Wally in Necropolis but you have to do some steps first. If You don't Wally won't even talk with you.

1. Go to Junktown and talk with trapper in the bar. You can't me a member of any player or npc faction. He will give you information about some guy (Wally) and send you to Scavengers in Boneyard.

2. If you don't have Scavengers location on the map go to Adytum and talk with a cop about them. He will give you destination.

3. Go to Scavengers and talk to everybody about Wally. One of them will tell you that he's in Necropolis.

4. Go to Necropolis with 2 companions and 500k caps.

5. Talk with everybody in Motel. One of ghouls will tell you that Wally can be found somewhere in Watershad.

6. Go to Watershad and again, talk with everybody about Wally. Again - one of ghouls will tell you something blah blah blah.

7. Go to Wally. He's in the last room in the biggest building.

Wordked for me.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:45:19 am by adazz »

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 04:54:50 am »

Yes, that's correct.  But I'm fairly positive this was already discussed, if you had used the Search function.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 10:56:38 am »

You're right, it was. But none of topics solved my problem with starting this quest :).
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 12:21:23 pm »

Unless it changed this period you don't need 3 people.
Last period we did it with 2 people and I think you can even do it alone.
Only reason to go in a group is security.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 05:06:48 pm »

Unless it changed this period you don't need 3 people.
Last period we did it with 2 people and I think you can even do it alone.
Only reason to go in a group is security.

Yes, if you already have a faction with a base, only the leader needs to buy the new/upgraded base.  He can go alone.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 09:52:09 am »

btw, lil offtop, about brahmins in bases :P
Well, brahmins don't respawn anymore atm, after getting killed. One of my enslaved merc has pwned some brahmins, after then get pwned himself.
I'am getted enslave some of them, to compensate for losses. How could I can transform em to normal brahmins, attached to a base?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:53:55 am by minimal »
Best Regards

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:31 am »

btw, lil offtop, about brahmins in bases :P
Well, brahmins don't respawn anymore atm, after getting killed. One of my enslaved merc has pwned some brahmins, after then get pwned himself.
I'am getted enslave some of them, to compensate for losses. How could I can transform em to normal brahmins, attached to a base?

Can't do that.  This was changed about midway through this season, I think.  Dead base brahmins mean no brahmins.  It was done so you couldn't just kill your base brahmins and have infinite cow hides. 
Those brahmin used to hold a grudge, too.  It was funny being crafting or something and having a cow open the gate to his pen, and cross the map to start headbutting you.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.