"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:47:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Caravan carts as tents  (Read 1655 times)

avv

Caravan carts as tents
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:32:27 pm »

If cars/players/caravan carts can't be encountered by other players after 10 mins has passed, why don't people make permanent tents out of cars and caravan carts?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Re: Caravan carts as tents
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »

I'm not sure but i think when you re-enter the encounter it can be found again for 10 mins.

Or people already do this. But dunno.

White Eagle

• Kill 'em all
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 11:02:33 pm »

when u leave it, no one can enc it... but when u come back and if you dont go away with it some one can enc' u... i already saw this 1 time.. and i lost a lot good stuff (full trunk  ???)...  :'( don't do same mistake.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:14:04 pm »

Right now, for my characters that don't have tents at every single city (Mickelh139 has one literally "EVERYWHERE" :P) I just make their tents at new reno, buy several cars, and use each car for temporary tent, with Bare minimum stuff in it, and so when I go to leave, I have a temp tent with storage and is moveable...  And btw, I don't think people can encounter anything within the square of a big green circle (city) so just park in one of the edges and you should be fine.  No one's ever encountered me so far.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:26 pm »

And btw, I don't think people can encounter anything within the square of a big green circle (city)
Actually you can, simply noone will wander there... before your post may be.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 12:37:03 am »

Actually you can, simply noone will wander there... before your post may be.
Eh, I have the advantage of mercs.  So no biggy.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 03:40:55 am »

Eh, I have the advantage of mercs.  So no biggy.

Mich, you cant leave mercs in an encounter, you have to log off to get them to stay.

Also, people use car thief alts to search around the fortress and other areas like san fran all the time. you'll see that car go poof really fast if you leave it in those areas.

Between myself and my friends we've found at least 8 or more cars within the space of a week or two just by searching the usual spots where people park to trade.

In short mich, you plan is fail.

-Ulrek-

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 04:01:23 am »

Mich, you cant leave mercs in an encounter, you have to log off to get them to stay.

Also, people use car thief alts to search around the fortress and other areas like san fran all the time. you'll see that car go poof really fast if you leave it in those areas.

Between myself and my friends we've found at least 8 or more cars within the space of a week or two just by searching the usual spots where people park to trade.

In short mich, you plan is fail.

-Ulrek-
Only in highly concentrated areas such as gunrunners of course.  Places like Den and Vault City etc, it works perfectly fine.  Mercs are still useful because you can bring mercs, get done what you need done, come back, and if anyone found car they'll get obliderated.  :P
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 04:10:08 pm »

Only in highly concentrated areas such as gunrunners of course.  Places like Den and Vault City etc, it works perfectly fine.  Mercs are still useful because you can bring mercs, get done what you need done, come back, and if anyone found car they'll get obliderated.  :P

Unless they lock pick it and leave first, i've found cars at redding, san fran, and my friends have found them at vault city, NCR, hub, and the fortress.

Also, Unless you ambush people, those mercs won't save you from campers. and you're paying large amounts of caps for them and risking them while just wandering around.

-Ulrek-

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 10:29:42 pm »

Unless they lock pick it and leave first, i've found cars at redding, san fran, and my friends have found them at vault city, NCR, hub, and the fortress.

Also, Unless you ambush people, those mercs won't save you from campers. and you're paying large amounts of caps for them and risking them while just wandering around.

-Ulrek-
Alright i see your point.  But I still find using a buggy or scout and bring minimum stuff for your trip a very nice alternative to a tent.  Besides, caps aren't a big prob when you got 8 mil just lying around....
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 21 queries.