"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 11:27:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: radio feature  (Read 1248 times)

radio feature
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:57:27 am »

i think you should see a name of your faction mates when talking with them on radio, i mean only their names because you talk with them everyday and you know their voices very well, this is obvious for me, and when talking with any other person not within your faction there should be for example  "..." that signify you don`t know this voice

maybe to decrease abuse, you should first add only factions members without friends of the faction
Re: radio feature
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:37:08 pm »

And what about radio noise?

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 01:03:09 pm »

that would be horrible! I couldn't troll via radio anymore, it's one of the best things you can do in this game, steal a radio and talk weird things creating real chaos.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 01:26:26 pm »

it`s a next reason this should be implemented, if you steal someone radio (dead corpse for Ex.) anyone on that channel would know that you are stranger and don`t believe any word you say, because they don`t know your voice

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 01:48:30 pm »

you give no opportunity to the thieves to try acting like the person they just robbed or modulating their voice, also you imply that every time you answer the phone you know who are you talking with + what about new members? they get the radio and from first few seconds you know this guys voice perfectly.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 05:12:08 pm »

if you want to step in the path of making FOnline real life simulator your own reasons got disproved to, so be careful, besides FOnline were never suppose to be real life simulator, i just put it idea to make life easier for players who talk a lot on radio, we always write our names in the end of line, but it`s getting more and more annoying every day.

and about new members I can get familiar with voice of new member in several minutes talking with him so yea I can do it
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 06:51:12 pm »

Hello this is Wasteland - radios aren't maked in professional factory like Panasonic. They're maked from junk and crudely crafted metal parts. Next: you must tune your radio. You get noise even in normal world with normal radio - so in Fallout world, where your radio is generally piece of junk with antenna and speaker, you have much more noise. Next factor : distance. As far I know there are no active communication towers in Northern California, so distance add more noise to it. With that much factors voice going out from your super junk radio is overwhelming. I don't think it could be possible to recognize someone voice in this circumstances.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 11:02:00 pm »

OMG did you read what I said??
FOnline were never suppose to be real life simulator!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 10:28:56 am »

also, Radioactivity is often picked up by radios, through a combination of signal crossover and mistaken identity so radio is inherently going to be very average, even with a top of the line well crafted one.

Nyan

• Teehee.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 03:15:46 pm »

just make some kind of videophone, pip-girl video add-on so you can see each other and see their nicknames in game
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 03:26:22 pm »

Radio works fine for me. The only thing that is a little annoying is that i have to use one of my inventory slot to use it.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 12:54:55 pm »

Radio works fine for me. The only thing that is a little annoying is that i have to use one of my inventory slot to use it.

I completely 100% agree with this.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.