"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 05, 2024, 11:30:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: feedback on post-wipe build  (Read 1336 times)

feedback on post-wipe build
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:13:49 pm »

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to FOnline but I love it. My current char is my first, and because it is I'm learning a lot as I go. Wish I could remake him but that doesn't matter, I want to learn as much as I can to land on both feet after the coming wipe.

I'm playing with a small group of guys and after the wipe, we all want to take up a profession. I know this fucks builds up because of their min/max style, but I wanted feedback on the 'survivability' and any way to improve this build that I'm considering for my first post-wipe character. I've been reading the Wiki and looking at peoples different builds since I started and I've realized there is no way to build a crafter and a great PvPer (at least as far as I can see), so what I'm trying to do is put together a fast shooting / bursting character that can craft armor and have a little survivability. Did I do it?

7 / 6 / 10 / 3 / 6 / 7 / 1 : Fast Shot + Good Natured
Awareness / Educated / Stonewall / Lifegiver / BRoF / ActionBoy (2)
222 HP, 10 AP, 186% SG, 40 Dr & FA, 60 Science, 180 Repair and 85 Outdoor
Profs: Armorer (3), Small Guns (1)

Re: feedback on post-wipe build
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:35:32 pm »

Im not an expert on builds and cant really advise much other then putting luck up abit. I know luck isnt that important for pure crafters, but if you want to fight alittle bit too then you will find it very handy to put luck up alittle. If you can get it to either 5 or 6 (cant remember which) you can also get the toughness perk, which will aid you in survival. Personally i would make two characters, a pure crafter and a fighter.

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:42:54 pm »

This build is okay for PvE-crafter. Fast shot is good in turn based, just know that since you shoot a lot, you will get a lot of criticial miss. I suggest you use 0% det weapons as much as possible.

Now it is not suitable for PvP. In turn based there are better builds out there, and in Real time your bursts won't be as effective as if you had had taken 2xbonus ranged damage, a perk that adds 2 damage to each bullet (12 bullets in a P90 burst for example).

A crafter/fighter will always be inferior to a pure pvp that's for sure (at least until wipe ??); but you can get close... The thing here is that fast shot is plain broken in real time as during the animation time it takes for you to shoot all your AP, a big gunner can shoot you more than twice or close ! :)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:35 pm »

I don't think there's any sense to plan builds for the next session, since the character building will be changed drastically.

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:49 pm »

The big problem is that we dont know yet what to expect next season ;)
After wipe new perks could appear, maybe some changings in professions too.

In general your build looks quite ok. But if you want too boost survivability
i would suggest aswell 6 Luck. With 6 Luck you can take toughness perk.

Also 5 STR would be ok to use any small gun and, and you can boost STR
with a buffout to get Armorer3 prof.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 11:13:44 pm »

The big problem is that we dont know yet what to expect next season ;)
After wipe new perks could appear, maybe some changings in professions too.

It is known that new perks and traits will appear, some traits and most of perks will be reworked, the number of perks available as well. We don't even know what will be the level cap. But we already know that there will be only 2 levels of professions (the third will be replaced by blueprints and special workbenches).
So yeah, planning a build for next session is totally impossible right now.

About the build itself: 7ST is far too much for a SG, it's 5, 4 if you plan to use only smg-like weapons. Educated is a waste of perk. And you should try to have an even number in agility. Fast shot is useless trait, like it won't affect your burst. You could pick up small frame and gain an extra special.
And if you want a real PvPer, seriously... It won't have charisma and won't be able to craft anything... Better to create a crafter alt and main PvP char.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 03:12:23 am »

I don't think there's any sense to plan builds for the next session, since the character building will be changed drastically.

I can't believe there is no sense to it, but I fully recognize it will change. That being said, having the best build possible for my goals prior to the change-log being released means I've got a better baseline to adapt for the altered rule set.

...if you want too boost survivability
i would suggest aswell 6 Luck. With 6 Luck you can take toughness perk.

Also 5 STR would be ok to use any small gun and, and you can boost STR
with a buffout to get Armorer3 prof.

Great point, and I didn't even know that drugs could help satisfy the profession requirement.

..But we already know that there will be only 2 levels of professions (the third will be replaced by blueprints and special workbenches).
So yeah, planning a build for next session is totally impossible right now.

About the build itself: 7ST is far too much for a SG, it's 5, 4 if you plan to use only smg-like weapons. Educated is a waste of perk. And you should try to have an even number in agility. Fast shot is useless trait, like it won't affect your burst. You could pick up small frame and gain an extra special.
And if you want a real PvPer, seriously... It won't have charisma and won't be able to craft anything... Better to create a crafter alt and main PvP char.

First point: is there any place I can read about the crafting changes? I saw a post in the BUILDS COMPILATION thread that listed out-dated changes to traits and perks but nothing else.

Second point: You're right, that 7 STR should be bumped, but you need 6 for Stonewall (do drugs let you qualify for perks?). The rest of that feedback isn't really helping me accomplish my goal, and is slanted for how to build a pure PvP character. I know a crafting character will never be a good PvPer, so I'll settle for mediocre. That's why I wanted feedback, to make it as good as possible given the constraint. Does no one PvP in TB? I've already done small fights in TB, and fast shot does work with single shot weapons, so I don't see a waste there.

General points: 7 agil is for BRoF. I would prefer 8 and can now have it with a 6 STR char. Some might find educated a waste, but for a mixed build like this I need all the skill points I can take. If one of those STR points went to INT, I could eliminate educated and replace it with... something. 3 CHA is minimum b/c this character will be trading, not a pure PvP hulk who doesn't need to buy/sell. The LK 6 suggestion is valid but I don't know how to make it work. Unless someone has a good mixed build to show me, I don't know where the points would come from.

From the feedback, it looks like this is the current idea:

6 / 6 / 10 / 3 / 6 / 8 / 1 : Fast Shot + Good Natured
Awareness / Educated / Stonewall / Lifegiver / BRoF / ActionBoy (2)
221 HP, 11 AP, 183% SG, 40 Dr & FA, 60 Science, 180 Repair and 88 Outdoor
Profs: Armorer (3), Small Guns (1)

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 06:10:40 am »

http://www.nitue.net/fcp/index.php?build=138

with 6 luck, 9 AP (can change 1x brd for action boy for 10ap)
needs nuka cola. (very easy to supply.)
2 x toughness. and 10 en x 2 lifegiver.

Can get armorer 3 with drugs, can trade with mentats.

there would be better builds for what you want, but i hope this helps.
also FA is not useful unless > 100 IMO (unless 10 luck).

can switch doctor to outdoorsman if you cant afford cars, but doctor is more useful for pvp.
DrWorm
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.