"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 21, 2024, 05:17:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: "Realtume Rounds Based" Combat  (Read 7066 times)

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
Re: "Realtume Rounds Based" Combat
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 03:51:13 pm »

What I REALLY don't like in existing RT system...
Frankly, it's 2 thinks.

1)You need to click to fast running bunch of pixels. To make sure you clicked, better click multiple times.
2)You need to switch fast - attack mode - move mode. If there's was - left click running and right click firing...
3) Which is the worst - you should not move if you spent your AP and when you once regenerated - you can run like hell
This is completely wrong...

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »

RT will be fine when AP can be removed from it.

If animations and stuff can be changed (and it can be with 3D) you'll be basicly able to create a pistol shot animation exactly long as running over 4 hexes (for character with same amount of AP), while increasing agility or taking jet would result in actions being faster.
There is no need for sequence to be honest, but running speed might be somewhat unfair when out of combat.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 07:12:37 pm »

RT will be fine when AP can be removed from it.
Removing Action Points? Did I understood you correctly? Please... go play Counter-Strike 2D, if you want something like what you've described.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 07:22:37 pm »

Please... go play Counter-Strike 2D, if you want something like what you've described.
A totally correct way to discuss stuff.
What do you in fact think that would Fallout look like in realtime?
If it takes one guy a turn to either move 10hexes or to shoot twice. Then shooting twice should take equal time of running 10 hexes.
There is no reason to keep AP if this works.
And comparing this to 2d shooters? Well, it'll play exactly as Fallout did, except you will not have time to think your actions out.
"This is your forum."
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 07:48:16 pm »

What I REALLY don't like in existing RT system...
Frankly, it's 2 thinks.

1)You need to click to fast running bunch of pixels. To make sure you clicked, better click multiple times.

You made me laugh. YOU are to slow not game is to fast.
It's your problem not problem of all server , i never had problems with "clicking a running pixels"
Go play requiem or TLA if 2238 is to fast for you.

2)You need to switch fast - attack mode - move mode. If there's was - left click running and right click firing...

It's not so hard ,none of my friend playing this game have problems with that.

3) Which is the worst - you should not move if you spent your AP and when you once regenerated - you can run like hell
This is completely wrong...

The only thing in your post that has any sense.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:42:29 pm by 0m3n »
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 09:01:58 pm »

Removing AP and adjusting animation time lenghts... That's actually a good idea!

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 09:09:10 pm »

Removing AP and adjusting animation time lenghts... That's actually a good idea!

A burst takes 6-7 AP, a hit with a rock 1-2, can you imagine how slow the firing would be or how fast the punch would be?

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2011, 09:14:17 pm »

It's your problem not problem of all server , i never had problems with "clicking a running pixels"

You made me cry...
One of server's problems is PWNING kids  like you. Some of so-named PRO-PVPers on 2238 are reasonable guys, but definitely not you.
"never had problems with clicking a running pixels"
It's not so hard ,none of my friend

Let's say... A human is not a flea - can get used to anything.
But I point to obvious things... I'm not saying it is impossible to do.  ;) I'm fast enough, however I want to improve game that I liked.
I've done already what I could - my interface for example...

The only thing in your post that has any sense.

Can say the same - the only thing of your post....  ;)

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2011, 09:21:20 pm »

adjusting animation time lenghts... That's actually a good idea!
That is what required to be done at least when 3D comes here. And developers want to do that and I believe will do.

Removing AP
Worst idea EVER. It's something like remove SPECIAL, skills and perks. Wait. Crimson Land has perks!
O'k let's have perks, remove anything else [/sarcasm mode off]

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 09:54:17 pm »

Heh, so BROF will make firing animations faster, more agility will increase speed as well. There is absolutely no problem with that, no SPECIAL feature was removed, just original was put in real time.
We just 'rename' derived stat from 'Actions Points' to 'Action Speed'.
A burst takes 6-7 AP, a hit with a rock 1-2, can you imagine how slow the firing would be or how fast the punch would be?
We don't really need to have bashing with rock anyway, and definetly not on such low AP cost, it's not like AP costs are matching original in all cases anyway.
EDIT: and if anything, there is no need for realism, just hold smg in air blazing for few secs, nobody would know exact fire rate of the gun anway.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 09:57:51 pm by Johnnybravo »
"This is your forum."

jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 09:54:36 pm »

You made me cry...
One of server's problems is PWNING kids  like you. Some of so-named PRO-PVPers on 2238 are reasonable guys, but definitely not you.

You made my day :D Go to Fallout 2 (yes, single player) if you don't want to be "PWNED" "adult" by fast clicking. And one more suggestion if you ever think about it: Don't even try to play StarCraft or you kill yourself because of "fast clicking japan "kids""

Btw, I feel another flame topic here :) It will be about how one side is calling other side "kids", and second side how is calling first side "noobs"

But I point to obvious things... I'm not saying it is impossible to do.  ;) I'm fast enough, however I want to improve game that I liked.

You can do your own mod based of FOnline SDK if you don't like it, with whole Hello Kitty signs, etc...

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 09:58:07 pm »

You made me cry...
One of server's problems is PWNING kids  like you. Some of so-named PRO-PVPers on 2238 are reasonable guys, but definitely not you.
But I point to obvious things... I'm not saying it is impossible to do.  ;) I'm fast enough, however I want to improve game that I liked.

Can say the same - the only thing of your post....  ;)

I'm not caling you child  , but you actually act like child .
A 'm not teling that your suggestin is shit but i think that 2238 has one of best if not the best RT combat systems ever used in any Fonline servers .
2238 don't need new combat system it only need some balance in weapons/perks . There is no need to change RT system we already have.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 10:34:45 pm »

Btw, I feel another flame topic here
It only you who flames or floods here.

If I wrote something bad correct me I will learn
You wrote something wrong. Learn and  keep your bullshit away from this thread please.

Yes, this is child talk here...
And it's definitely not my problem that some bunch of kids wants to farm falloutish things on falloutish maps and PWN falloutish bluesuits
My problem is - I want some changes.

2238 don't need new combat system
it's only YOURS humble opinion. I believe only Rotators team actually knows what 2238 need and what don't need.

We just 'rename' derived stat from 'Actions Points' to 'Action Speed'.
Frankly, to have a suitable RT TACTICAL system we and to forget about AP below things are needed:

1)Different stances and movement with bonuses and penalties to AC and CtH. Run walk, crawl...
2)Time to aim, different to different weapon type (BG - more time to aim, 2 handed SG less, 1 handed SMG - even less). Shoot immediately - WTF for RT. Play some RT squad tactics games.
3)Different firing modes - burst, snap, aimed, scoped.(with CtH and time to aim modifiers)
4)Different types of perception. (visual, acoustic, may be even infrared.)
5)Time to turn character (and his weapon! ) to another direction.
This is needed to make normal RT.

2 ALL

If you want your casualty - o'k please dont flood here. One post like "I'm against because..." is enough.
No flooding here, please. Wtf is that for example:
Don't even try to play StarCraft or you kill yourself because of "fast clicking japan "kids""
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:46:02 pm by Doctor Eex »
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2011, 10:47:23 pm »

That is what required to be done at least when 3D comes here. And developers want to do that and I believe will do.
Worst idea EVER.
It's just that AP simulates the firing lenght in RT. Like, the Sniper Rifle aiming in the eyes takes some time in reality, that's why it takes so much AP in the game. We could just lenghten the animation time so it actually looks like the player is aiming, plus removing AP. Also the mechanic would need to be changed, that the target gets hit when the animation is finished, not when it starts like it's now.

Doing just one of these makes no sense for me :P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:27:01 pm by Floodnik »

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2011, 10:50:41 pm »

. Also the mechanic would need changed, that the target gets hit when the animation is finished, not when it starts like it's now.

Yes, aiming time. All this is MUCH HARDER to implement (and to get some another game?), than to get fair RRB combat.

that's why it takes so much AP in the game
This by the way is makes RT fight as it is even more ridiculous... Shoot, then spent some time stand still to shoot again.
That's why first hit and fast clickers decide who wins.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:52:47 pm by Doctor Eex »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.