"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:32:39 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: "Realtume Rounds Based" Combat  (Read 8082 times)

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
Re: "Realtume Turn Based" Combat
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 01:18:10 pm »

ATM movements is one of the most important thing in tactic. You will totally destroy that by replacing tactic by build. A team not able to move together is terrible.

For now, what really does not make much sense is running hordes. And shoot|take cover to regen|o'k regened - now you can run like sick all over the map, unless you'll shoot again. It's looks like ostrich racing with guns.

Tactics should be not about running in bunches... Now! Swarming decides more often, because - right, free run.

And even if you don't burst the point blank this turn, you go to 1 hex, enter in combat...

If sniper has more seq, you'll be gunned in the eyes and knocked out.

So, do you mean a sniper line in open field with enemy in front of them won't have any chance without tons of short range support? Nice tactic.

In open field with 20 sec per round we will have almost the same situation. Now! In RT! out-of-combat Bigguner can run to you and make instant 2 bursts.
With my proposition, it's not so simple.
2 variants:
     1)you don't get fully what am I propose here
 or  2)you think that FALLOUT 1,2-wise ridiculous existent RT system is perfect.

Will still be slow as hell for me.
O'k instakills and 2 second death is so much fun... Please tell me, where RT fight is more interesting - on Requiem or 2238?

Like said, doesn't suit at all for TC
NOTHING said to prove that point. Only "too slow" (btw timer has 15 minutes! it's 45 rounds! ) and "cannot run in packs" (btw you still can)

Farming would be awfully slow too though.
There should be no easy and fast farming btw. Even a word "farming" is kinda out of place. Let's say wandering the wasteland should be more dangerous and less profitable.

About the coding. Still wait for developers comments, but... All needed - is to modify existent RT system.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:22:30 pm by Doctor Eex »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 05:28:04 pm »

For now, what really does not make much sense is running hordes. And shoot|take cover to regen|o'k regened - now you can run like sick all over the map, unless you'll shoot again. It's looks like ostrich racing with guns.

Tactics should be not about running in bunches... Now! Swarming decides more often, because - right, free run.

You should definitely do some TC by yourself to understand how much it is that more complex than "swarm" and "run like an idiot in bunches".

If sniper has more seq, you'll be gunned in the eyes and knocked out.
A: you won't be looking the sniper if you're not idiot
B: and what if you're not KO? Doesn't happen at each crit, and there are perks against that...

In open field with 20 sec per round we will have almost the same situation. Now! In RT! out-of-combat Bigguner can run to you and make instant 2 bursts.

I really wish to see ennemies BG dumb enough to rush our sniper line in open field. We would have much more victory, and much more easier ones if it was the case.

With my proposition, it's not so simple.
2 variants:
     1)you don't get fully what am I propose here
Maybe. But I don't agree at all with what I get of your proposition.

or  2)you think that FALLOUT 1,2-wise ridiculous existent RT system is perfect.
Nothing is perfect, it can of course be improved. But I don't think your proposition would be better (would be worst IMO)

O'k instakills and 2 second death is so much fun... Please tell me, where RT fight is more interesting - on Requiem or 2238?

I prefer 2238 fight ! And much more ! In fact, the only problem I have with requiem is combat system, I would love to see 2238 fight on Requiem: I find Requiem better in many aspect but combat mechanic.

NOTHING said to prove that point. Only "too slow" (btw timer has 15 minutes! it's 45 rounds! ) and "cannot run in packs" (btw you still can)
There should be no easy and fast farming btw. Even a word "farming" is kinda out of place. Let's say wandering the wasteland should be more dangerous and less profitable.
Well, you're free to think all my points are invalids. But you can't say I didn't said anything to prove my point, I pointed out some flaws.

About the coding. Still wait for developers comments, but... All needed - is to modify existent RT system.
Easier said than done.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 05:34:30 pm »

O'k I got it.
Crazy votes for existing RT system. Next, please!
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 06:02:07 pm »

Agreed with Crazy.

BTW. What about people who start a fight in a swarmed town, like NCR? Do the bluesuits have to wait then?

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 06:16:29 pm »

Agreed with Crazy.

BTW. What about people who start a fight in a swarmed town, like NCR? Do the bluesuits have to wait then?

No. Actually, this is not TB based, actually it's REAL TIME ROUNDS suggestion

You agree with Crazy, but you have not read the suggestion and discussion. Nice. Next please.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 06:18:03 pm by Doctor Eex »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: "Realtume Rounds Based" Combat
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 07:04:11 pm »

To be honest, there is only one point in doing this, and that's movement difference in RT and TB.
Because otherwise it is always the best to overcome hard encounters in TB and do PvP in RT.
There is no way that stopping to idle just to create thinking time would make game better, as taking away reaction and mouse skills would reduce already simple combat system.
If you are carring more that 50% of your capacity, you cannot run. Makes sense. ST will be more important for STORMTROOPERS.
Suggestions with "will be more important for" are usualy not the best ones - you've got already some system from FO2 and now you're adding more limits.
It might come close to kind of reality where snipers differ from bursters by having just 2 points of SPECIAL elsewhere.

SPECIAL should be mostly bonus, not a requirement. Right now characters with ST 3 or lower work, but they have llimited inventory, cannot pickup Stonewall and very low ST are even limited in their armor choice.
Only C never translated well from singleplayer, for obvious reasons...
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 07:07:06 pm »

you have not read the suggestion and discussion.
What

And my question is still actual.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 06:05:38 am »

What

And my question is still actual.

Yes, here another example - you don't read posts. I answered you
No. Actually, this is not TB based, actually it's REAL TIME ROUNDS suggestion

taking away reaction and mouse skills would
make game looks more like
some system from FO2
Honestly, F2 system is ruined by existing RT combat. Period.

SPECIAL should be mostly bonus, not a requirement.
SPECIAL all the way requirement, in F1,2 and Fonline. That's base for all system. Why char with let's say POOR strength should be so athletic in metal armor and with avenger?
However as you may notice, I have 2 variants of suggestion here, because yes, limitation is question to discuss.

Suggestions with "will be more important for"

Because I want to go further than 1 BG buid for RT and 1 BG build for TB.
And yes, tactics of each char SHOULD be determined by build. And yes, attacking, defending and maneuvering capability too.

To be honest, there is only one point in doing this, and that's movement difference in RT and TB.
Not only movement. TB has one disadvantage - turns one by one player. In all other aspects it's more Falloutish, tactical, interesting - whatever.
RT combat itself is a very specific compromise. May be it's time to go further?
And more reason - Having 1 combat system will very good. For players, for developers. Unfortunately, existing RT system is moorhuhn run.
There's another reason actually. Unfortunately "blood and bones" of Fonline is PVP. Then I believe goes PVE. Then other thing like players interaction and  quests.
I bet many players doing the same things many times will understand me. May be it's time to change something?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:53:26 am by Doctor Eex »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 09:58:31 am »

When I'm alone, TB is an option. You get really annyoing stuff like entering combat with bunch of stupid ants or rats, but also pretty much arbitary amount of time to think out actions. Since players are not always playing with others, TB is quite a good thing for solo play.
Why char with let's say POOR strength should be so athletic in metal armor and with avenger?
Because when they load with stuff they can't even move where higher ST characters could - so the stuff is already there.

Said that, there is still no reason to be for creating artificial pauses (ugh, can't move or do stuff for 10s, eventhough it's Realtime?) and limiting build options even more, just because you like it.
It's multiplayer game now, having TB and RT is good, because soling is still better balanced in former and always will be.

SPECIAL all the way requirement, in F1,2 and Fonline.
F2 was almost perfectly balanced with stat requirements, even dumb players were allowed to finish the game, as well as defenseless weaklings of Myron type.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 10:10:20 am »

Said that, there is still no reason to be for creating artificial pauses
Hey, we are playing

Not

Am I wrong?

limiting build options even more

Not limiting options. With this suggestion you will have more choice to made.

TB is quite a good thing for solo play.
Yes, but with this suggestion we can eliminate
annyoing stuff like entering combat with bunch of stupid ants or rats

Because when they load with stuff they can't even move where higher ST characters could - so the stuff is already there.
They have running capability even they fully loaded of stuff. I got it - So-named "Powerbuilds" with low ST CH are your favorite?
And you don't want to make hard decisions - now we have all-in-one.

It's multiplayer game now, having TB and RT is good
Having 2 modes is not good. Some  of perks useless in RT. Some of builds useless in TB. Developers should think of 2 modes.   Nothing is good here.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 11:23:16 am »

Why everyone wants to change RT mode, when it works just fine, just needs some improvements. I fully agree with Crazy, making it turn-based would be a step backwards. I guess the reason why you want the change, is that you ( and most of us ) are overfed with current game mechanics, but it doesnt mean they are bad, they are far more superior compared to Requiem ones. Defending perks is irelevant, you sure know that they are going to change in near future ( moreover, I wouldnt say RT mode is bad because some perks dont fit, but perks are bad, because they are taken from original game ).

If you want to implement this, and dont want to scrap TB mode, I say change it to this suggestion.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 03:37:19 pm »

Doctor Eex, I know that you're suggesting real time rounds. I'VE READ THAT.
But they are still rounds  :'( And others will have to wait for the rounds' to end.

Hey, we are playing

Not

Am I wrong?

Yeah, but hey, we are playing

And the RT system is it's very own feature.
That's not

Neither it's

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 03:42:39 pm »

If this going to be ever implemented, then maybe it could replace TB, not RT?

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 03:43:01 pm »

And others will have to wait for the rounds' to end.

What others? Who is those others? Have you got the idea?

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 03:44:14 pm »

We still have to wait in the current Reall-ish Time combat for AP to regenerate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.