"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 02:59:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Defend the Stronghold  (Read 5213 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Defend the Stronghold
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:48:22 pm »

Come in, warrior. Please be seated.

The location we have settled in, that we call the Stronghold, will be soon under attack of a large division of the New California Republic's army. They wanted our small storage base to be part of their state, and our refusal did obviously upset them.
Our scouts reported that groups of soldiers were already heading to our gates. We have to set up our defense as fast as possible.
You have been reported to be in age of hold a gun. You will fight for the independance of the Stronghold, and if necessary will die for it.
The rest of our people are already hiding.

Trust in your weapons, warrior, and you will win this battle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright!
This is a PvE event, going to happen at 18:00 (6 PM) CET/GMT+1, today - meeting in Vault 15. In a few minutes :)

As usual, report every bug! Especially about map - do it here. We know about roofs, they don't all disappear correctly. It won't be a problem for the event.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:50:24 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Rascal

• FOnline2!
Re: Defend the Stronghold
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 11:30:03 pm »

why the fuck arent u making such posts (informing about upcoming event) FEW days before event ?

That was supposed to be a joke - inform players (via forum zomg) 12 minutes before event ?

this server is almost dead now and when u finally manage to do something promissing u simply ruin it by such mistake...

geezaz

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 07:19:21 am »

Tone down, sir.

130 players in average were online when this event was broadcasted - both in-game, on forum and on IRC - which is more than enough to fill it up.

@down: this is not the place to babble about "zomg server dies". Do it somewhere else. Post junked.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:02:02 am by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 01:40:49 pm »

Thanks for the great event! I had pretty much normal ping so there was no significant lag compared to previous events. Map was interesting and quite tactical since there was some places to hide and not just flat ground.

Dr. Mentat

• huh...so HE was behind it this whole time!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 03:42:38 pm »

as a die-hard Vault city citizen (well, not "die-hard" since i am quite squishy) i personally loved the fact of helping to put 100's of those expansion-crazed NCR rangers in their place (a shallow unmarked grave, namely). And i was very surprised that my connection didnt "crap out" on me but once towards the end of the event. Great event...hella fun..will be particapting in next one (hey that ryhmed!)
The wasteland isnt harsh..its YOU who sucks!

Dr. Mentat

• huh...so HE was behind it this whole time!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 03:45:02 pm »

..my question is this though..why were we killing rangers? Do we really hate paying taxes to the NCR that badly?
The wasteland isnt harsh..its YOU who sucks!

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »

It was short, but not bad. Thank you for event!

Pros:
- New map
- Armament of the opponents
- Light Support Weapon and medicals added to outfitter

Contras:
- Not many people
- Rangers was too tough (in HP) for this few people (but with more players it could work)
- No teamplay like in last PvE event

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:58:38 pm by headshot »
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:30:17 pm »

jeez.... next time please post few days earlier, i always miss them damn events when they get informed like this.... pretty disappointing

CaptOmg

• Killin' paladins.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 04:40:49 am »

If I Only Knew Where Vault 15 Is..

wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 06:45:20 am »

If I Only Knew Where Vault 15 Is..
east of ncr :]

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 12:20:40 am »

130 players in average were online when this event was broadcasted - both in-game, on forum and on IRC - which is more than enough to fill it up.
But not enough to properly enjoy the game, also is obvious that most of the participants in the event dont noticed about this treath, including me.
Advise about the event 12 minutes before is very fool, the event looks like it was planned with properly time, and it was well organized, so, why not to wait for make the event, even 1 or 2 days?

Also you should take care about sentences like that, say 130 players is enough can be misunderstanded.
(tough the actual events show that most devs and GM dont care about players, cough...wipe. i mean wipe with no actualization, or pre-pre-wipe madness, please just do something really BIG before this die, a 10min event, anticipated 12min before wont help)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:22:29 am by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.