"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 05, 2024, 11:22:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fonline 2238: Purchase Options  (Read 1605 times)

Fonline 2238: Purchase Options
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:55:59 am »

Hi there, I'm an rabid Fallout fan, having owned ALL games in the franchise, and i just discovered this wonderful little gem called Fonline 2238. Now, i just have a few questions about the Game, firstly, Which Game(s) should i buy to get me started with the most advanced game resources (I.e graphics etc), F1, 2 or Tactics?, and secondly, if i purchase these games from Steam, would i be able to play Fonline? or should i just buy the disc version from Ebay?

Cheers for the help,
Grey Wolf.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Fonline 2238: Purchase Options
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 10:14:31 am »

Hi there, I'm an rabid Fallout fan, having owned ALL games in the franchise, and i just discovered this wonderful little gem called Fonline 2238. Now, i just have a few questions about the Game, firstly, Which Game(s) should i buy to get me started with the most advanced game resources (I.e graphics etc), F1, 2 or Tactics?, and secondly, if i purchase these games from Steam, would i be able to play Fonline? or should i just buy the disc version from Ebay?

Cheers for the help,
Grey Wolf.

Welcome! :)
You need two files from Fallout 2 in order to play FOnline: 2238, namely Master.dat and Critter.dat. However, I think you will need to buy the disk version instead of the Steam one. There was this thread where someone complained that Steam was not providing the two needed files, so I guess Steam version won't be enough to play FOnline! :P
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 12:56:34 pm »

There was this thread where someone complained that Steam was not providing the two needed files, so I guess Steam version won't be enough to play FOnline! :P
It's impossible these files weren't there. That guy just didn't look for them how he should have. I've got a steam version of Fallout 2 and the files are there: Steam\steamapps\common\fallout 2
Maybe if they still wouldn't be there, which I don't really understand, he should unpack his NCF file (Steam\steamapps\fallout 2 content.ncf; there are designed applications to unpack these files) and master.dat + critter.dat MUST be inside.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 01:01:20 pm »

You need two files from Fallout 2 in order to play FOnline: 2238, namely Master.dat and Critter.dat.

Don't forget the music files, foundable on the very same CD. :)
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 07:57:48 am »

Thanks for the replies Everyone, looks like I'll be re-buying Fallout 2 (for the third time :P) at the local store, or even Ebay if i can double check the reg. On another note, i believe i've read that game resources from Tactics can be used, or something to that extent, is this true and should i also grab Tactics while i'm at it?

Cheers,
Grey Wolf.

(Looking forward to joining the Community IG btw, :D.)

Update: I've brought the Fallout: Collections pack, which contains F1, F2, and Tactics, for 2.95, lol!, looking forward to getting IG.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:47:35 am by Grey Wolf »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 11:39:45 am »

Just know, that before you start playing...  Wasteland is Harsh.

That is all. :P
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 08:57:27 am »

also take IRC too
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.