"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 03:05:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Changelog 07/03/2011  (Read 24217 times)

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
Re: Changelog 07/03/2011
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2011, 07:22:15 am »

I would rather say the game is already dead. Check the stats. No new players, no updates, no wipes. I dont believe that people after one year season still wait for wipe. Who is stupid enough? Its over man.
well i am, still waiting for alpha fonline!
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2011, 06:37:34 pm »

Why my previous post with question about when update will be was deleted from forum ?? ! is this so hard for you to answer it? or you are affraid that people know about that noone is working on this game and there will be no update/wipe ....

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2011, 06:45:33 pm »

Why my previous post with question about when update will be was deleted from forum ?? ! is this so hard for you to answer it? or you are affraid that people know about that noone is working on this game and there will be no update/wipe ....
I guess it was deleted because you've asked same question that's been asked several times.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2011, 07:32:27 pm »

I saw Changelog xx/xx/xxxx and almost had heartattack... screw you! ;)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2011, 07:38:23 pm »

Happened me more than once :(
But still.. we have waited for too long already. Maybe just some little info about updates?

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »

jeeze louise, look heres the breakdown. they wont be updating till all the 3d graphics they want done are done. they dont want to put out an incomplete update and listen to people complain till they can finish. its obvious to me that once the 3d graphics are all done and uploaded should you expect an update, if you really want to know how close they are look at the 3d development tracker and if thats still not good enough than contribute to and get it done quicker.
plasma nade your face off!

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2011, 07:51:45 pm »

It was many times said that 3d development progress has nothing to do with incoming wipe.

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2011, 07:57:47 pm »

maybe not wipe but definently update. they can wipe and not update, but what would be the point of that. its a fact that the devs have never announced when or what they are doing, they prefer to keep everyone in the dark as much as possible, do you think they would actually tell you if it did?? come on get real, they enjoy the game of cat and mouse.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2011, 09:19:18 pm »

As far as I'm aware, the 3D stuff has nothing to do with any impending wipe or update or anything. Wipes and updates are done by the 2238 devs, the 3D stuff is currently being done by the forum community. I'd imagine there'll be several "game content" updates and probably a wipe or two before the 3D stuff is usable. Once the 3D stuff is nearing "game ready", then there'll probably be a connection between 3D stuff and updates, but as far as the next few updates are concerned, you may as well ignore the 3D stuff entirely.

The 3D stuff is fairly "transparent" with development. Other than some planning by PM, nearly everything is posted publicly on the 3D Development board. It will have little effect on gameplay, so there's little to discuss beyond "It looks good" or "it doesn't look good enough" or "try doing it this way". Most people agree, and most people are aiming for the same end result.

In contrast, for changes in the actual game (i.e. updates / wipes), every possible subject has a 10-page long suggestion or discussion or argument thread already. Changing a couple of numbers has a massive effect on balance and there are many different groups of people with opposing views on what would make the game better. Larger changes such as an overhaul of crafting or stealing etc probably need hours and hours of planning, writing and testing. Given that as things are, there's already hundreds of suggestion / discussion threads on every possible subject, I think it's understandable that they're not posting an update on every line of code that is written.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2011, 09:32:54 pm »

Happened to me as well. It was back in July the 3rd...think US date notation:)

Anyway, there is stuff that's done, there is stuff that's prepared but needs few things to be connected, there is stuff we'd like to introduce to make you happy, but may take even more time so even we have not yet decided what will make into the next update, and what not.

And there is that damned lack of time... (remember most of us have fulltime jobs, some of us have kids).

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 01:19:49 am »

Im getting boring of people crying about update...yes it is sad to see 07/03/2011.
I've been playing some old games with an emulator. seriously, tears come to my eyes when i see the pixeled Dingodile smashing pixeled boxes in Crash Bash. Why somebody never make a Crashonline?

You devs are part of that 0.001% of the people who have the balls to make something and not just stay dreaming or waiting for somebody other to do the stuff.

But yes: screw you time.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2011, 08:20:46 pm »

And there is that damned lack of time... (remember most of us have fulltime jobs, some of us have kids).

I understand you pretty well because i too don't have much freetime.... but you know it is sad that only possible way to get some info from dev's is to start small flamewar.... i just like this game and im waiting for more :)
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2011, 09:12:17 pm »

wow lastest changelog was more than half year ago, now i see why this server is almost empty

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2011, 09:34:25 pm »

Or just everything is fine as it is and server dosen't need any changes.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2011, 09:38:09 pm »

Or just everything is fine as it is and server dosen't need any changes.
Epic quote warning!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.