"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 04, 2024, 04:03:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Wasteland transportation. (3d, sealed)  (Read 11185 times)

Re: Wasteland transportation. (3d, WIP)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 09:19:22 pm »

looks good but aint those wheels too much apart from each others? it looks like its somekind of a "spider" type vehicle, not the normal (WWII army)truck.
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 09:25:40 pm »

looks good but aint those wheels too much apart from each others? it looks like its somekind of a "spider" type vehicle, not the normal (WWII army)truck.

Looks better?

Wasteland is a tricky business.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 09:55:18 pm »

I suggest using textures from a site, and then editting them to your like. I found www.cgtextures.com to be a good site. Some good front light textures can be found at Manmade --> lights. For now it does look a bit comic, but your good for a start!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Plech

• I'm a loner.
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 01:25:11 pm »

Looks better?

the right wheel is not in the same line as left wheel...and what is that thing in front of wheels?
alias Pic Ho.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 03:26:56 pm »

that thing in front of wheels...
is called dirt catchers.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Plech

• I'm a loner.
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2011, 02:45:34 am »

man...try to think about it...what with "inertia"...if this car will go straingh on, ur dirt catchers will have contact with wheels...
alias Pic Ho.
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2011, 11:31:52 am »

man...try to think about it...what with "inertia"...if this car will go straingh on, ur dirt catchers will have contact with wheels...

Okay, the dirt catchers turned out a bit too long. However, it's all right with the wheels - it's orthographic perspective that makes it look shifty.

I need to rework the cabin anyway, it's too edgy and noobish, same with my texture, also i gotta find out why the textures on the other side of the wheel gets on the insides of that one tire, that pissed me off, wasted the whole evening on that problem. ANYWAY.

Guys, thanks for your comments, i'll try something out today, updating this post. Haraldx, thanks for that awesome site, it's a real treasure chest! ;D

Updated post: i said, i try something out. I scrapped the old mesh and i'm making this now. It's not quite done, but this mofo took me the whole day to learn and sculpt, especially the fenders, so i'll just post it and look what you say. So don't judge me too harshly. ;)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:26:06 pm by Lizard »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 01:14:15 pm »

I scrapped the old mesh and i'm making this now. It's not quite done...

I'd like to try out other shapes, like Ford, but i want to finish the two models first, before i begin something new.

You contradict yourself. Finish the truck, at least or you'll have two undone models instead of one ready. And don't tell too much or post undone stuff, you begin to sound like someone called Prosper.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:16:00 pm by Alvarez »

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 01:19:25 pm »

You contradict yourself. Finish the truck, at least or you'll have two undone models instead of one ready. And don't tell too much or post undone stuff, you begin to sound like someone called Prosper.

It is normal that he is scrapping not finished stuff as he improves in 3d modeling quick because he just began modeling and doesnt like his previous work anymore.

Let it roll some time first before interrupting his development in skill.
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 08:41:57 am »

Thats like a 50's-60's car don't fit fallout to much really.Fallout cars are like some high-tech retro cars.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 10:00:23 pm »

It is normal that he is scrapping not finished stuff as he improves in 3d modeling quick because he just began modeling and doesnt like his previous work anymore.

Let it roll some time first before interrupting his development in skill.

Thanks for the support, man. For the days i kept working on the mesh, it's still a mess, now the blender keeps spazzing out with texture load, showing me a crapload of black screen instead of TGA texture i made.

And this is this so far, i wonder if i should install a Max and learn that interface all anew. I'm mildly annoyed with this bug.

Also, Alvarez, don't worry, i'll get that truck done before you're done with your NCR trooper texture.

Sigismund, the retro style IS futuristic 50', so it will be possible to get some gadgets and stylish fintails on this DodgeVK-wannabe.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 07:01:47 am »

^
Fun text :D
But anyways great job for making this.

Delta77

• Just walk away.. and put and end to this horror
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 07:11:06 am »

this car may help you for falloutish inspiration  for future projects.

Delta77

• Just walk away.. and put and end to this horror
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 07:20:34 am »

another one, for more examples google for studebaker
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 03:15:39 pm »

I personally find UV mapping with blender really easy - the main catch is, that you have to mark seams wisely. And I'm not wise enough to do it without any problems. Anyway - I suggest searching for some UV mapping tutorials - handy stuff!

And keep up the good work. I find your track very promising and it's also good to see more people getting into 3d. We need all the help we can get right now with FOnline 3d development.

(^Actually I find myself a perfect example for the sentence above - my models are rather weak, but they still do a fine job from iso perspective ;) )
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.