"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:54:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Scrap PvP Stealing  (Read 19777 times)

Re: Scrap PvP Stealing
« Reply #165 on: September 25, 2011, 02:02:00 am »

my two cents:
i mostly agree that pvp stealing should be scrapped. At least while your shopping. It really becomes a pain when you have to watch every second if someone is approaching you while youre doing simplest transactions... It doesnt matter if youre loosing little, its still annoying, especially if youre low level/new to the game.(like i am)
So as for the realism of the wastleand, i say fine. It should be possible but under certain conditions, as lots of people said there is virtually no risk for the thief, because of the alts and respawning.
Here is a set of ideas:
1. Disable stealing while someone is trading.
2.Allow that if someone fails or succeds stealing, the player that has been stolen from can retaliate.
3.Guards attack if they notice thieving attempt
4.Simply make it harder. If area is lighted(like someone noted, with engine changes etc) if more people are around, if more guards are around, you scale roll required for success.
also i personally believe that alts suck, and it kinda ruins the point and all the famed realism(if "thieving is realistic" is being advocated)
This game really has a great role playing potential, especially because it relies a lot on player-player actions, and its such a shame that there are so many trolls/suicide bombers etc.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.