no
- 4 (30.8%)
bring back Gambling so we can bot it
- 6 (46.2%)
maybe
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Change gambling to Rambling.  (Read 1061 times)

Change gambling to Rambling.
« on: February 26, 2011, 01:55:52 am »

Gambling is useless, and players want things to do that are wastelandish.

Wasteland Wanderers stereotypically spend a lot of time wandering, exploring, scrounging- also known as Rambling.

I would make Rambling a synergy skill related to Outdoorsman, Speech, and Barter.

Skill would be 10 + Charisma + Intelligence + Endurance + Luck.

Synergy would be 15% of Rambling skill added to Speech, Outdoorsman, and Barter.
Also, Rambling would add a minimal chance to getting Special Encounters (say +1% proportion (not flat) to existing chance per 10 points), and would increase chance of getting a resource square by Rambling/5+ Luck*2.

Also would add something like the old Scrounger Perk at a strength level equal to the Rambling skill.

One Version
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Change gambling to Rambling.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 03:15:00 am »

"Resource squares" are not planned to be re-implemented, and nothing should increase the chance to find a special encounter, as the only special encounters we have are ones to find overpowered items/money.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 04:48:32 am »

"Resource squares" are not planned to be re-implemented, and nothing should increase the chance to find a special encounter, as the only special encounters we have are ones to find overpowered items/money.

I was thinking of just odd places.

Maybe Ramblers would just have a longer "run for it" time at encounters before combat window opens, the extra time being equal to Rambling skill/2.

avv

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 09:51:17 am »

Who's gonna use it? FA, OD, doc and weapon skills would still be more handy.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:08:04 am »

Who's gonna use it? FA, OD, doc and weapon skills would still be more handy.

RolePlayers.

avv

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:22:47 pm »

RolePlayers.

Or just alts. A skill must be equally useful for rp and powergaming purposes to make it balanced.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 25 queries.