"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 12:44:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Obtaining meat - you encourage people to use bots :(  (Read 1822 times)

NTR

Obtaining meat - you encourage people to use bots :(
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:47:24 pm »

Hi, I want to ask why did you nerfed meat obtaining so much?
Is it going to be solved or you just want to encourage more and more people to use autoclickers?
There's only one butcher in the wasteland in Modoc which is extremely dangerous town to enter.
Do you really think its good for the game that someone is gathering meat for few days and loosing everything trying to visit Modoc butcher?
I personally lost like 200 pieces of meat in Modoc, that's like almost 17 hours of non stop gathering for now.
Do you really think I should spend next 17 hours clicking to obtain another 200 meats or rather leave an autoclicker for 2 nights?
I dont want to do that but you dont give me a choice, I see no point in so fucking long cooldowns. That is supposed to be a GAME not a JOB a monkey can do!

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
Re: Obtaining meat - you encourage people to use bots :(
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 12:33:27 am »

i dont know how u are collecting meat but u can just hunts some nomads, each male nomad drop 1 jerky meat and thats quite enought to craft moust of drugs...

Sorry, Nomads can be encountered far West from den/kalamath, in one encounter you can met up to 2 male nomads [they drop meat] and 2x falme nomads or 1 famle and brahim... good luck :]
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:32:55 am »

And where are those nomads?
Time I kill is killing me.

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 11:57:23 am »

You can find meat at ghost farm i think and id you have a 130k base there is a table
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 12:06:46 pm »

Obtaining meat is not as big problem as meat jerky is. Modoc is usually more dangerous than Mariposa.
Time I kill is killing me.

NTR

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 12:20:33 pm »

It is not a problem when you need just a few, but I have a lvl 3 doc which needs hundreds of meat jerky to product drugs.
Since the meat obtaining became so slow i haven't produced any drug for a week (because I got killed twice trying to process it to Meat Jerky in Modoc)
I am waiting for devs reaction to this problem.

I was in Ghost Farm but there's the same table as in the 130k base (i have it)
I just mean that 2 meats every 5mins is too slow. Thats 8 hours of gathering meat for making 10 buffouts and you usually just get killed trying to process it in Modoc. And 10 buffouts give me 1,8k exp which is ridicolous...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:34:23 pm by NTR »

NTR

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 11:36:32 pm »

Refreshing, making drugs became even worse after encounters reworking.
From my last post I didn't manage to do more drugs (or I did and was killed by VC patrol)

You want to make for example 10 buffouts, that's like 4,5 hours of gathering, and all you get is 1,8k expierence.
And in 90% cases you die in Modoc or in the wasteland killed by VC Patrol cause of bugged reputation.
It's really sick, I don't know what were you thinking setting these timeouts.

An idea:

If you do drugs in a lab you get far more than a single shot. Multiplying amount of drugs you produce by 10 would be fine without reworking crafting timeouts of course.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 01:36:32 pm »

Hrm, is there a "Meat  Table" missing from the wasteland or something?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 10:27:17 pm »

If you do drugs in a lab you get far more than a single shot. Multiplying amount of drugs you produce by 10 would be fine without reworking crafting timeouts of course.

I think this should only be possible if there's a chance your lab will blow up, killing people in the general vicinity and adding radiation to the area for a certain amount of time...

NTR

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 01:48:27 am »

Hrm, is there a "Meat  Table" missing from the wasteland or something?
I want to make 10 buffouts. That's like 4,5 hours of gathering resources from meat table. And you get 1,8k exp for that. Is it really alright for all of you?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 01:18:40 pm »

Obtaining meat from the meat table should be at exactly the same rate as obtaining everthing else. Perhaps there timeouts for it are set incorrectly. What are they set to at the moment?

NTR

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 01:32:19 am »

Obtaining meat from the meat table should be at exactly the same rate as obtaining everthing else. Perhaps there timeouts for it are set incorrectly. What are they set to at the moment?
There is 5 mins timeout and you get 2 pieces of meat each time.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 05:36:15 am »

I think this should only be possible if there's a chance your lab will blow up, killing people in the general vicinity and adding radiation to the area for a certain amount of time...

Why would radiation be involved?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 02:13:41 pm »

There is 5 mins timeout and you get 2 pieces of meat each time.

That sounds like the right kind of ballpark. Should be fine time wise.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.