"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 18, 2024, 04:12:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New base  (Read 9440 times)

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
Re: New base
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 11:44:43 pm »

I find hideouts kinda badly executed feature. It has few main problems:

- base = gang
- you can't own multiple bases under 1 gang name
- you can't choose (or at least specify) the area where you want your base

Bases are not worth the money not even a little bit. You don't know what you are buying (newcomers won't know what the hell the depo is or what it offers and there is no way how to find that out ingame other than buy it or hope that some kind soul will tell you). And even when you know what you are paying for you can only guess where it will spawn. Simple thing in dialogue such as:

A: "Ah you are looking for a hideout for you and your friends eh? I might have just the right thing for ya! Recently I've discovered one nice little cave myself. Its east from here, just about 6 kilometers away. Very well hidden in mountains. Or maybe you would like something more settle, hmm?"
B: "Tell me more about the cave you've discovered."
A: " **telling price/containers/base size/position/resources info** "

And if trapper don't offer base in location that you desire you can always come back later and try if he has not discovered anything new, that might have attract you more.

Anyway its these 3 problems that cause every gang base to be the same, making the expensive ones literary worth nothing. Even with the worst base you can keep players/stuff safe, have place to craft, create gang and only real difference between bases are resources they offer. Lockers are useless since you can't put much in them and even all containers from all base types together would not supply enough room for stuff that regular gang (=5+ active members) needs for every day life.
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 12:09:19 pm »

yeah, you should be able to buy a base with specified location without having a faction. also, you should be able to form a gang without buying a base

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 01:52:17 pm »

specially with the new movement system...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Elvis

• Blue Suede Shoes!
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 09:11:00 am »

If you do buy a base for yourself, don't just add people, Really trust your friends. One of my longest base users, stole everything more then once, and there was no way to tell it was her, she did this for over a year. you can't trust anyone.
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 03:27:59 pm »

I got tha bunker recently man I was so excited when I first got it I was like wow, but I was very dissapointed cuz none of the resources written on wiki are available.The bunker in my opinion its just a bigger underground tent nothing more.Atleast the location was good its 5 squares bellow Necropolis.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2011, 03:41:47 pm »

none of the resources written on wiki are available

Explain. Nothing changed with the bunker, so everything should be there.
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2011, 03:48:25 pm »

I can't get electronic parts tryed mining nothing.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2011, 06:26:38 pm »

I can't get electronic parts tryed mining nothing.

That's wrong, the bunker has both.  You can only mine at a few of the rock piles up front.  And with electronic parts, there's a computer to gather them in the medical area (if it were a vault) and one somewhere else.  The map should be right on wiki.
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2011, 07:12:02 pm »

I find hideouts kinda badly executed feature. It has few main problems:

- base = gang
- you can't own multiple bases under 1 gang name
- you can't choose (or at least specify) the area where you want your base

Bases are not worth the money not even a little bit. You don't know what you are buying (newcomers won't know what the hell the depo is or what it offers and there is no way how to find that out ingame other than buy it or hope that some kind soul will tell you). And even when you know what you are paying for you can only guess where it will spawn. Simple thing in dialogue such as:

A: "Ah you are looking for a hideout for you and your friends eh? I might have just the right thing for ya! Recently I've discovered one nice little cave myself. Its east from here, just about 6 kilometers away. Very well hidden in mountains. Or maybe you would like something more settle, hmm?"
B: "Tell me more about the cave you've discovered."
A: " **telling price/containers/base size/position/resources info** "

And if trapper don't offer base in location that you desire you can always come back later and try if he has not discovered anything new, that might have attract you more.

Anyway its these 3 problems that cause every gang base to be the same, making the expensive ones literary worth nothing. Even with the worst base you can keep players/stuff safe, have place to craft, create gang and only real difference between bases are resources they offer. Lockers are useless since you can't put much in them and even all containers from all base types together would not supply enough room for stuff that regular gang (=5+ active members) needs for every day life.

This man speaks the truth.

I have played MMO's for years now and there is one thing i have learned , less random game means .... well it is much better.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:13:51 pm by Vaimortal »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2011, 07:33:09 pm »

This man speaks the truth.

Is he jesus?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2011, 07:34:09 pm »

Is he jesus?
The one and only son of god!  :D

...Or that mexican "virgin" in the back of the bar...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 23 queries.