Author Topic: 3D Model Repository  (Read 114021 times)

Re: 3D Model Repository
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2012, 11:43:38 am »
No, he probably figured out how to use GM .msk file, he's like Jesus now.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2012, 06:41:27 pm »
You know you could make Pigeon special encounter and they shit on players head and get +1 to luck permanently.

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2013, 05:16:47 pm »
The repositories url's seem to be broken.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2013, 07:21:40 pm »
Repo works for me, maybe you meant the "development tracker"? Links to the tracker are broken, because it was just a few tables stored on FOnline: 2238 Wiki and now the wiki is somewhere else (archived / locked). Here are working links:

http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Fonline3D_progress_tracker
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/3d_graphics_development_tracker
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/3d_armors_development_tracker
http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/3d_miscellaneous_items_development_tracker

It looks like most "standard" (F2) models were done.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:36:38 pm by b__B »

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #184 on: July 30, 2013, 03:14:13 pm »
Thanks. So much work done there. I'm wondering what can be done about it.

« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2013, 01:22:28 pm »
I'm harboring an idea to use up the finished assets in a small scale fonline project I haven't done anything so far to realise it into a finished product sadly I do not really have the neccessery timeframe to do anything major currently so its highly possible that this will be just a hinkley like test arena with 3d characters its still just on my planning table...

But well I think everyone who wish could try a go at implementing the 3d critters to the game this forum has all the information that is needed in my opinion and I'm sure that a lot of people would be interested on how this would work and look.

On a different aproach some could go around and create 2d critters from the 3d models. I think thats a valid choice too, although I would say thats a bit limiting since for every change one would have to rerender all the motions a critter needs to have. The following gif is quite old (non finished) but I think it shows the possibilities of creating new critters with rendered 3d models

Also if someone looks at the Olympus 2207 (http://olympus2207.com/) its easy to see the potential and I think thats a better example then the gif I'm showing.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2013, 07:11:26 pm »
It would certainly be good to try and finish, then package everything in a simple and coherent way so other people can download and work with the files.

I'm keen to still help out.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2013, 02:43:29 pm »
It's great to see, that you are still here, guys. I myself is still interested in 3d development too, but I have never tried latest revisions and trying to do something on revision 260, which is used in a project, where I'm participating (will be revealed later). This version was released before Cvet has implemented his changes into the 3d engine (revision 287, afaik), which made it this hard to adopt earlier versions for newer. I was trying to test 3d on it, but no success so far. I only got the problem Luther has described right there - the character is "sliding" over the ground, animations doesn't seem to work. Hope to get some helpful advises from you.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:47:59 pm by Graf »

« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2013, 08:36:30 am »
I tried to use the latest revision and although I was able to enable the VanBuren modells I had no previews at registration and so far I wasn't able to add the models from the 3d repository.
Though I would prefer to use the source codes of 2238 as a base but had no success there with turning the 3d registration on.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2013, 03:56:43 pm »
I'm harboring an idea to use up the finished assets in a small scale fonline project I haven't done anything so far to realise it into a finished product sadly I do not really have the neccessery timeframe to do anything major currently so its highly possible that this will be just a hinkley like test arena with 3d characters its still just on my planning table...

But well I think everyone who wish could try a go at implementing the 3d critters to the game this forum has all the information that is needed in my opinion and I'm sure that a lot of people would be interested on how this would work and look.

On a different aproach some could go around and create 2d critters from the 3d models. I think thats a valid choice too, although I would say thats a bit limiting since for every change one would have to rerender all the motions a critter needs to have. The following gif is quite old (non finished) but I think it shows the possibilities of creating new critters with rendered 3d models

Also if someone looks at the Olympus 2207 (http://olympus2207.com/) its easy to see the potential and I think thats a better example then the gif I'm showing.

Jotisz, this is a fascinating thought, which i was also toying around with.
I tried to import the .x files in Blender, found a workaround via Milkshape format, did but in the end... I came to the following idea:

Why not use a FOnline client with SDK as a frame renderer?

The game is already set up with camera, lighting and even render function with F2, which has the correct offset for frames already - it just saves in JPG (can the screenshots be saved in BMP, or is it hardcoded?). There can a workaround be done with Greenshot, a good screencap software.

The eventual problem is, that the background needs to be a RGB 0.0.255 - and in-game it's transparent. I wonder if alpha can be turned off for bright blue tiles.

Also, to "render" the available animations, they can be run one after another with a script containing debug commands and pressing F2 24x/second, unless there is a function to screencap the frames.

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2013, 04:32:59 pm »
can the screenshots be saved in BMP, or is it hardcoded?

There's reserved client function filename_screenshot( string& filename ) which allows to change name of the file on the fly. If you change extension of filename, used format will be different too. Recognized formats/extensions are "jpg", "png", "tga" - anything else will use BMP format as fallback.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Offline Alvarez

« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2013, 05:22:29 pm »
There's reserved client function filename_screenshot( string& filename ) which allows to change name of the file on the fly. If you change extension of filename, used format will be different too. Recognized formats/extensions are "jpg", "png", "tga" - anything else will use BMP format as fallback.

Noobish question: where can this function be found? And is there a possibility to disable the alpha of bright blue colour?

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2013, 12:03:18 am »
You will find it if you open Notepad++ and make use of "Find in files" option.
Nobody remembers where every single function is, using search is the whole secret of getting to this stuff.
It's a reserved function so you can also check in which module it is in scripts.cfg.

About 2nd thing, I dunno, but I doubt it's possible.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:13:22 pm by b__B »

Offline Alvarez

« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2013, 01:11:07 pm »
Could you please provide a link to a instruction how to set up the 3D repository on SDK?

Or, at least, give me a working link of this?
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=14217.msg120580#msg120580

All internal links in forum archive are dead.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:57:17 pm by Alvarez »

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2013, 02:49:16 am »
The current repository works on an old sdk

http://www.mediafire.com/download/albsfuzhsyxs0s5/FO3dClient_v2.200111.rar

Then just change the critter you want to replace in the Crittertypes.cfg to FoMaleStrong.

I'll work on making things work on the new SDK releases. I'll PM you on how to set it up when I am done