Author Topic: 3D Model Repository  (Read 113997 times)

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: 3D Model Repository
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2013, 12:19:36 pm »
Wipe, Jovanka, Karpov, thank you. :)

« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2014, 07:42:58 pm »
Hello, I need to know if there is a way I can get my hands on the .3ds or .obj source files for these models?

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2014, 11:03:12 pm »
Hello, I need to know if there is a way I can get my hands on the .3ds or .obj source files for these models?
Sorry for the late reply, I visit this place like twice per year now.

Back in the day I was given access to this repository which contains probably all of the source files. I have no idea how up to date they are, some are probably a little outdated, but the majority should be there.

https://xp-dev.com/svn/F3D_stuff/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:05:31 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2014, 06:26:18 pm »
Awesome!

I message Karpov and he sent me the original files with armour and animation. I have done anything with them unfortunately but scheduled to do so in late 2015.

The repository link is certainly very appreciated and welcomed!

« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2014, 02:45:24 pm »
So guys do you still work on 3d models? How much is progress?

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2014, 09:37:30 pm »
Unless there has been some progress outside of my vision, the project has been pretty much abandoned since FO2238 went under. There has been some work outside of the regular group that you used to see on this forum, but from what I've heard nothing much was done, really. Personally, I did some stuff for one project with someone from the forum you might know, soonly after 2238 closed down, but I was rather quickly limited in my work by time constraints of studies and have left the scene since.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:43:07 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2014, 09:36:00 am »
Yeah. Problem is that nobody other than 2238 wanted to use this stuff, and therefore work didn't continue. Which I find hilariously stupid. The things that were done looked awesome, and yet many folks were like "bla bla 2D is so much better"... With models and animations done, making it look like 2D sprites would have been the smallest problem, really. And we could have used so many different visual combinations with new clothes, visible items, different color schemes... and you wouldn't need to spend 100000 hours of manpower on creating new sprites, neither would you need to download many gigabytes of new graphics. Seeing this work going to waste really kind of hurts me.

« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »
van buren will use

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2014, 08:59:19 am »
We'll see when and if that happens.

« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2015, 08:29:32 pm »
Yeah. Problem is that nobody other than 2238 wanted to use this stuff, and therefore work didn't continue. Which I find hilariously stupid. The things that were done looked awesome, and yet many folks were like "bla bla 2D is so much better"... With models and animations done, making it look like 2D sprites would have been the smallest problem, really. And we could have used so many different visual combinations with new clothes, visible items, different color schemes... and you wouldn't need to spend 100000 hours of manpower on creating new sprites, neither would you need to download many gigabytes of new graphics. Seeing this work going to waste really kind of hurts me.
Unless some serious singleplayer project will adopt this awesome work (yeah, like van buren) Isometric games still popular this days, especially ones that promise many hours of quality gameplay. A 2,5D remake of original F1 and F2 can be nice too. Still a ton of work though.

« Reply #205 on: June 07, 2015, 03:36:32 pm »
2015 and still nobody uses 3d models  :'(

« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2015, 07:32:53 am »
2015 and still nobody uses 3d models  :'(
And people still using nearly 20 years old Fallout2 engine for their awesome projects, like Olympus 2207 or Fallout of Nevada.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2015, 12:42:14 pm »
Olympus used new 3d models as well. If everyone would have worked together, we could have a free open source library of 3d assets for new critters by now. But nope, everyone has to do their own shit for internet fame or whatever.

« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2015, 01:17:20 pm »
Lexx are right, that would be really good to see huge fallout and fonline community. Every fonline project should be open source, at least some works could be given.

« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2015, 08:40:54 pm »
I can only agree with you, guys. However, either 2238 3D project, or arcanum reborn 3d project (if it still exist) and Olympus 3d models and animations, plus 3D assets that was used for Fallout of Nevada inventory item renders, all this stuff still need refining and adaptation. And this will require a team. Ideally - a team outside any server projects.
2238 models need specific revision, and can use some corrections too. Olympus models made with god knows what polycount. And there is another developers with new 3D content who faded into silence.
And there is something wrong with revision 133. Is it for different fOnline build or something?

Also trying to make a 3D reaver
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:26:08 am by Voiddweller »