Author Topic: 3D Model Repository  (Read 115396 times)

Offline Luther Blissett

Re: 3D Model Repository
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2012, 01:32:13 am »
There will be no 3D why are you still posting in this topic?

As a few have said, the 3D stuff (once a little more finished) is for any/all FOnline servers that want it. Hopefully something will end up in 2238, but even if not, this stuff is all available for other projects. I'm using it in a few other things I'm tinkering with, (one of which should hopefully have a demo ready in a couple of months).

Also it'd be useful if you could leave the "complaining about things" in either complaining / suggesting something actually related to 3D or one of those complaining about the server/devs/it's dead sort of threads, so we can keep this for finding files and bits for updates in the repository.

Also, cheers for the converting files there, Horatio. I'll have a look at these when I've next got a bit of time off work :)

Offline NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2012, 09:01:08 am »
There will be no 3D why are you still posting in this topic?

You are probably right. But remember: modeling, conquering, and drinking beer is about "doing" not "finishing".

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

« Reply #167 on: June 26, 2012, 09:58:35 am »
NastyKhan, i disagree about discontinuing of 3D with CJ.

You see, if we suddenly come to conclusion, that all work we done since the start of the project, was for a naught (just because our playing experience ATM has been worsened by trollbacks on the currently only MMOG project using 3D), the people like Karpov, LutherBlissett, Johnny Bravo, Graf, who are actively contributing in form of models, animations, SDK studies, coding, tutorials, translations, ideas, will probably put the next update on "later than soon" list because of lack of motivation. And, it's not a team which is working on 3D, but a loose bunch of creative people and it is already difficult to push the project forward because of this, IMHO.
I wish, there was a server which could serve a purpose as a beta for the 3d, as a demo version, which could excite the players with customisation and gameplay possibilities and give the 3D developers a boost of motivation. I think, technically it will be possible with both sets of male/female animations by Karpov and a easy customisation interface.

But crippling their selfesteem by saying "there will be no 3D" is contraproductive and preposterous.

Thanks to LutherBlissett for motivation! :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:02:21 am by Horatio »

Offline NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #168 on: June 26, 2012, 07:13:21 pm »
Well actually Horatio that's what i meant. ;) Even if we never be able to finish the project, we can still have lots of fun just by continuing working endlessly. Besides SOME things are actually finished, like weapons models. Those "parts" might be someday imported into further chapters of Fonline.

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #169 on: June 26, 2012, 09:33:47 pm »
Well weapons are all done,and so are misc items i think so all that is left now is the armors and critters.
Armors as far as Ive seen are mostly done, but some critters seem to be unfinished.
So I expect 3d by the end of the year,I hope.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2012, 10:17:24 am »
Well, don't forget the animations, which also need to be done. And after that comes the tweaking. Tweaking armors, weapons, items, animations, etc. Just because the models are done, it doesn't mean they are ready to use.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2012, 04:52:31 pm »
So I expect 3d by the end of the year,I hope.
Your expectations sound well on paper. Reality isn't paper. Therefore your expectations are corrupt.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2012, 05:26:11 pm »
Well, at least, he hopes. And hope is good.
Personally, i'd do something that can be tweaked later, it's not Duke Nukem we do.

Offline Mike Crosser

« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2012, 09:19:53 pm »
Your expectations sound well on paper. Reality isn't paper. Therefore your expectations are corrupt.
Paper is a mysterious thing that goes see through when you rub grease on it.

A skyrat?
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2012, 10:59:12 am »

Saw this posted by Gonzo on fonline.ru forums, he referred it as a new critter on 2238.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2012, 12:27:16 pm »
Most likely a joke, as we currently don't have any plans for pigeons. In fact, I don't even know if they exist in so cal.

Offline Mike Crosser

« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2012, 03:41:46 pm »

Saw this posted by Gonzo on fonline.ru forums, he referred it as a new critter on 2238.
give it 2 heads,claws,a hand for laser rifle and it might be considered canon.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2012, 07:25:11 pm »
Just leave it like it is and make sure you leave the scale the way it is as shown in the .gif. :P
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2012, 02:11:47 am »
LOL yes there are pigeons on socall, I live 100 mile south of the bone yard ^_^

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2012, 02:12:33 am »
100 mile south of the bone yard ^_^

You dwell in the sea? :o