"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 12:20:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The restrictions and cooldowns, who are they really restricting?  (Read 3084 times)

Solar

• Rotator
Re: The restrictions and cooldowns, who are they really restricting?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 01:08:42 pm »

To repeat this again, Crafting will be much relaxed post wipe. At least for the kind of equipment you could be getting from encounter farming anyway.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 01:22:35 pm »

To repeat this again, Crafting will be much relaxed post wipe. At least for the kind of equipment you could be getting from encounter farming anyway.

Great to know :)
Thumbs up
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 02:11:07 pm »

Why should you be banned? What is the problem with dual logging? Does that not give other players equal oppurtunity to kill your alts?

Equal oppurtu...... wait what ? I'm sorry but how people can that stupid ?
You could lead two or more chars at the same time in turn based combat , how is that equal ?

Cooldowns are needed but they really need to soften them up like for crafting , this game is very time expensive and the cooldowns just make it much worse.
I don't say you have make this game casual , but well 4 HQ iron ore after every 27 minutes thats a little extreme , try making a minigun  when you need 12 HQ ore and 6 HQ minerals + the traveling to mines and the danger to get the ore  , almost 2 hours to gather resources for 1 weapon that even isn't that good for high level pvp or try crafting BOS CA you will want to kill yourself ? Am i missing something or this really sucks ?

EDIT: Just read solars post :)
EDIT: When is wipe ? because i dont want to level my character and then face a wipe all hard work lost.........
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:40:07 pm by Vaimortal »
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 10:45:14 pm »

example:
cooldown for crafting ca - ~2hours
x20 time in game, so u have few days to craft combat armor. no way to craft it faster.
leather jacket - few minutes - some hours from game day.
i think gathering brahmin hides must have cooldown but this is another question.
simple.
so wai remove it ?
lot of alts - lame.

Let the Force be with You.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 10:48:58 pm »

Cooldowns suck because it litterally take 2 secs to rack it up then you have to wait for it to come back down. You have to WAIT on a computer game. what the hell?

This guy obviously never played those browser based RPGs.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 11:49:17 pm »

In the caseof browser games, their sole purpose is to profit through micro transacctions.  Hence the wait times are insane to encourage the power gamers and those who wish to be number one to shell out real to get ahead of the game.
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 11:54:03 pm »

Problem - People use exploits because of the cooldowns (The exploits stress the server as well..)
Solution - Remove/Nerf the cooldowns, so that nobody has an reason to do this..

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 03:16:46 am »

Solution - Remove/Nerf the cooldowns, so that nobody has an reason to do this..

That will not solve anything. Exploiters will set up bots to gather resources then level up to 21 in matter of minutes due to no cooldowns on crafting.

One could then argue if crafting cooldowns go away, then xp from crafting needs to go as well.

Another issue is unlimited ammo and armors from this, meaning crafting requirements would have to be raised.

Im just gonna put my faith in Solar on this.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.547 seconds with 23 queries.