"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 02:41:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Explain the repution changes with shooting NCR?  (Read 1355 times)

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Explain the repution changes with shooting NCR?
« on: February 21, 2011, 05:56:09 am »

I just found this strange:
after a fight between 5 marauders (2 with pistol, 1 with SMG, and 2 with spear) against 2 NCR rangers (1 with grease gun and 1 with combat shotgun), only one man survived - the NCR ranger with the combat shotgun. Sadly, he looted most of the stuff (especially the 10mm), so I wanted to burst him with the grease gun I found on the other dead ranger. He had 8 hp anyway and was alone with my loot. I picked up the grease gun from the NCR ranger with about 20 bloody bullet holes in it... came near the other NCR ranger... Pointed the weapon at him... *Splattered* Blood all over the place! The dude died! checked if my reputation page, and it turned out my reputation is still +200 and hasn't changed. Does this mean I can kill 20 rangers and get no penalty?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
Re: Explain the repution changes with shooting NCR?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 06:16:02 am »

Ranger rep is different than NCR rep.
Everything must change.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 02:48:45 pm »

Ranger rep is different than NCR rep.
I checked and I have 200 to both of them.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 05:15:10 pm »

You're supposed to lose rep if you kill them.  I think its like -100 or something.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 05:32:13 pm »

It's -25 per hit in random encounters.

The reason you didn't lose reputation is because there was only one ranger left and that ranger didn't have a radio on. Most of the rangers do have radios on them, though, if you ever encounter a bigger group.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 03:39:20 pm »

It's -25 per hit in random encounters.

The reason you didn't lose reputation is because there was only one ranger left and that ranger didn't have a radio on. Most of the rangers do have radios on them, though, if you ever encounter a bigger group.

That's really how it works?  So if there's 3 rangers, and you steal all of their radios, can you kill them without losing rep?

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »

That's really how it works?  So if there's 3 rangers, and you steal all of their radios, can you kill them without losing rep?

MOAR genocide farm with no consequences! :D

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »

Well, probably faster and less dangerous to kill them and endure the bad rep than to bother stealing their radios first.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 09:36:55 pm »

You can't steal radios, they have them on their second Hand...
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 09:54:48 pm »

i think 3 seconds to see dead team of rangers and bad signal cant give time to last ranger explain situation and face of outlaw.

Let the Force be with You.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.