Author Topic: Ghouls.  (Read 24382 times)

Re: Ghouls.
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 08:55:21 pm »
I guess ghouls will have female/male animations, both limping.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2011, 02:50:09 am »
Ghouls are not a race, they are humans, with severe radiation sickness, extreme necrosis, probably a lot of pain, and many other difficulties. So I don't think they could run when they can barely stand on their feet. Talking about roleplay, it is known that somehow they developed a great sense of sight -though I don't know the reason- but, other than that, I dont think there could be any other positive stuff. On the negative side, they are weak, VERY weak, and slow, which is not good.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2011, 03:18:40 am »
It's just a game, and ghouls are just fiction. I doubt anyone would survive like that, and even if they did, how possibly it'd ever extend their lifespan.
Well it's a job for developers to set up this kind of stuff and decide what will do. But I personally would suggest to study Necropolis as much as possible, for it is done by the very original crew, and it is where the idea of them appeared in it's first and purest form.
If you like the idea of them having timespan of several hundred years, being generaly good mechanics and snipers, no problem.

And well, ghouls would probably in this incairnation benefit from power armors the best, if they ever happen to have access to them. Their technical knowledge would allow them to maintain them, their radiance immunity would make those operations much easier, and mainly, equipping powered armor would allow them to reqain much of their lost mobility. Like becomming kind of cyborgs or something.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 05:21:21 pm »
Ghouls like herald are typically wise because they have been around the block so many times with their extended lifespan. Perhaps a slightly raised level cap could simulate this kind of wisdom for PC ghouls. Its one of the balancing factors for ghouls, their knowledge that is, and with the RT system we have, not being able to run is a pretty big deal making ghouls very hard to overpower as it is.

Also a ghouls physiology is a little more agile than a humans, i.e. fingers falling off don't seem to be a big deal, eyeball's just get popped back in etc. For that reason perhaps an increased healing rate would be a fair boost for ghouls as well.   

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 12:51:05 am »
Hair on ghouls isn't wrong. But I agree that the texture right now kind of looks not like a fallouty ghoul. :p

Doesn't mean that all ghouls should look like this, but it's the direction we should try to go.
  harold is not a goul but a unique FEV mutant in mid stage of severe mutation.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 09:18:39 am »
Harold uses the same model as Seth, and therefore his image is of same value.

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2011, 11:30:15 am »
i've tried to make such ghoul but i'm not happy with result, i'm trying to do it better in free time, first high and then retopology it to low poly

if I made something better I will post it here and source files to tracker
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2011, 12:36:52 pm »
This one looks very good already, Baael. Keep up the good work! :)

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2011, 11:07:05 am »
At first I was against the coming of 3d.

But now looking at these threads.

Keep up the good work.

The talking heads should have had that art style in f3/nv.

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:55 pm »
Ghouls are not a race, they are humans, with severe radiation sickness, extreme necrosis, probably a lot of pain, and many other difficulties. So I don't think they could run when they can barely stand on their feet.

but, if you are a ghoul with low radiation and low necrosis? like lenny? you can run

the middle of ghouls in this pic, could run no?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:22:38 am by X_Treme »

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 09:52:21 pm »
I guess he could run , but it would be still slower than a healthy human. Maybe the ones that use spears could be the agile ones, it would be harder to escape from them that way.

;)

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2011, 03:06:22 pm »
i've tried to make such ghoul but i'm not happy with result, i'm trying to do it better in free time, first high and then retopology it to low poly
what graphic program u use?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:17:31 pm by Graf »

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2011, 03:30:18 pm »
Its Zbrush as I see. There is a free alternative for this called Sculptriss though the trial version is a good go too. Its more less like when you do clay models quite an effective tool to make realistic organic models.

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2011, 04:44:36 pm »
Its Zbrush as I see. There is a free alternative for this called Sculptriss though the trial version is a good go too. Its more less like when you do clay models quite an effective tool to make realistic organic models.

Yeah, Sculptris is also easier to learn and handles rendering of highpoly better than Blender, however ol' B. still can get the job done, too. Whatever.

Hey, you can surely explain why the highpoly is needed in FOnline, even if the game engine won't handle it... Not just for item icons.

Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2011, 03:23:57 pm »
This is Sculptris (no money for ZBrush now ;) ) Ingame models are low poly, but You can make much better textures (and shaders) when You retopology highpoly to lowpoly, and it is fun (if You like it ;) )
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/