Author Topic: Ghouls.  (Read 24018 times)

Offline vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Ghouls.
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 11:18:21 am »
ghouls need different animations in first place, like running :>

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 09:10:30 pm »
Why won't you just reskin the human model?
Maybe because ghouls aren't really humans? They are fleshy, you can see rib bones squizing trough the flesh and other stuff. I'm against making a ghoul a skin for normal human model.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline zamp

• Huff 'n puff all you want I ain't falling.
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 06:08:28 am »
Maybe because ghouls aren't really humans? They are fleshy, you can see rib bones squizing trough the flesh and other stuff. I'm against making a ghoul a skin for normal human model.

Just pitched in the idea. That's how they did ghouls in fallout 3/NV. I mean the talkable intelligent ghouls. Sure ferals are a different story

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 03:22:50 pm »
Just pitched in the idea. That's how they did ghouls in fallout 3/NV. I mean the talkable intelligent ghouls. Sure ferals are a different story
in the cannon Fallout there are no ferals

Offline vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 04:21:11 pm »
in the cannon Fallout there are no ferals

in fallout 1 there were somewhat like that in necropolis. Those ghouls standing in small groups attacked players randomly without a reason :)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 04:28:41 pm »
Yes, vedaras is right. Just because they aren't called the exact name it doesn't mean they aren't feral. You could get screwed over in random encounters too etc.Or, look at the Endless Walkers and such.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 06:47:39 pm »
kk, tnx for iluminating me

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 02:44:35 pm »
Its not the same ghoul but here is a sample animation for movements some could be familiar from previous posts I was lazy to render the new ones only
This was an earlier model with different poly counts and topology the new ghoul looks better in my eyes and will use the animations from this char.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:48:01 pm by Jotisz »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 04:07:52 pm »
awesome animations, and the science ghoul is nice

how about we make scentist armor(aka Lab Coat)
you can find them in Fallout 3 and even in fallout 2

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 05:09:50 am »
So will it be possible to equip ghoul models with human armour?

I was hoping that once we go 3D it would be possible to bring back PC's turning into ghouls since the problem with ghoul sprites being too limited would no longer be an issue.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 08:56:13 am »
So will it be possible to equip ghoul models with human armour?

I believe it's a good idea to let ghouls ability to equip light and medium armors (such as leather jacket, leather armor, ranger armor) and some specific, available for the ghouls only armors.

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 09:33:24 am »
Why not heavy, like combat or power armor, in fot they share sprites with human.
If ghouls will be playable race, then we need female.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:39:02 am by melcma »

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 08:14:40 pm »
Why not heavy, like combat or power armor, in fot they share sprites with human.
If ghouls will be playable race, then we need female.

would female ghouls really look that different from male ghouls?

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »
Are you saying that all ghouls look alike? Racist! :P

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2011, 08:53:10 pm »
Are you saying that all ghouls look alike? Racist! :P
Racism isn't the same as sexism.
FO:T is far from original Fallouts. I don't see a way a fragile ghoul with 6 max strength (like in FO:T) can wear something that is about the same weight if not even more than themselves.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.