"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:46:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New player needs some help.  (Read 2842 times)

New player needs some help.
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:14:46 am »

Hello,

To start with i want to say that i'm a total newbie in this whole fallout online universe and i wanted to ask a few questions.
First of all, can you help me with a sniper build? I tried searching some good builds and all of them are different at some point. I would like a pvp char with repair skill i guess. Also i wanted to ask is it a must to take drugs as a sniper? Are they hard to find in game, is it a problem?
Uhm, and the last question would be.. should i really play this game? Cuz my friend says it's nearly dying and the only thing its driven by is community...
So, i would really appreciate if you could answer some of my questions. Thank you.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: New player needs some help.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 01:04:10 am »

Cuz my friend says it's nearly dying

On release / start of the open beta, people said the game will be dead in two weeks.

This was in august 2009.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 01:11:21 am »

2238 is as dead as a ghoul is a corpse.

Try a way you can't lose anything, just to get to know the game - make a FA/doc/Outdoor char, high IN, gifted perk. Get killed, heal yourself, laugh. Wander around and level yourself with avoiding encounters while surfing Net/dying and healing yourself.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:15:47 am by Alvarez »
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:24:12 am »

2238 is as dead as a ghoul is a corpse.

Try a way you can't lose anything, just to get to know the game - make a FA/doc/Outdoor char, high IN, gifted perk. Get killed, heal yourself, laugh. Wander around and level yourself with avoiding encounters while surfing Net/dying and healing yourself.
hm.. i think i will try that. Thx.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 09:38:17 am »

Here, try this:
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 11:12:25 pm »

Why 6 to Strenght?

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 11:43:06 pm »

i try to play this game in late 2009, i get bored and hate the game.
and now im again, since september 2010 and i love it

in the first times this game really sux, now is really good and stable, server is totally stable and the combat system is in a scale from 0 to 10,  this game has 7, the TLA have 5.
and now with the proximity of 3D this game will survive long time
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 01:29:21 am »

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 07:55:29 pm »

terrible newbie build in my opinion. here's one that i made in about 30 seconds:

6 (carry weight for mining)
6 (just enough to see most anyone that pops into your encounter and bonus rate of fire)
6 (just enough for toughness)
3 (just enough to trade with all npc's and still have a  couple friends or merc with you)
6 (quicker skill point progression)
7 (8 ap, bonus rate of fire)

small guns (as your first character you want to be able to use anything you can get ahold of which is 99% of the time a small gun or melee weapon which melee weapons are very hard to hunt with until you have some leather armor mk1 or mk2 and 2 toughness)

science (make your own bullets and guns)

first aid/outdoorsman (if you arent planning on a high level character get outdoorsman(only need 95% to get max encounter evade) or repair (to repair any guns you get ahold of because they do work less well the more durability % that is on them)  because i've always been able to walk into town, ask for a doctor or first aid, get it, and go back out hunting because people like to just stand around in ncr and they'll welcome some easy xp by healing you)

Fast Shot (more shots in faster time when you're not going to get small guns up enough to do aimed shots until at least 150%)
Sex Appeal (has absolutely 0 use in fonline but i take it when i can't think of anything else to take)

Awareness/Toughness (toughness helps survivalability a LOT or you can take awareness to see what weapon, armor, and current ammo level an enemy or friendly has without having to ask)
Toughness (survivability)
Bonus Ranged Damage (by now you should have plenty of ammo and be able to burst in most encounters where this will help greatly)
Lifegiver (95-99% of builds should have this at level 12)
Bonus Rate of Fire (another 1 ap off any ranged attack)
Bonus Ranged Damage (ratatatatat)
Gain Agility (to knock yourself up to 9 AP and also increase your AC where action boy would just give you another action point)
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 02:49:07 am »

only need 95% to get max encounter evade

Fast Shot (more shots in faster time when you're not going to get small guns up enough to do aimed shots until at least 150%)

Firstly you will not get max encounter evade with 95% outdoorsman since obviously you have read it wrong on the wiki or read it on the newbie guide. For 95% chance to avoid encounters (which takes into account encounter difficulty etc) you need about 180% where anymore is for faster travel speed on foot.

Secondly, once taking fast shot you cannot do aimed shots anymore. You are stuck with shots to the torso.

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 04:11:33 pm »

terrible newbie build in my opinion. here's one that i made in about 30 seconds:

6 (carry weight for mining)
6 (just enough to see most anyone that pops into your encounter and bonus rate of fire)
3 (just enough to trade with all npc's and still have a  couple friends or merc with you)
6 (quicker skill point progression)
7 (8 ap, bonus rate of fire)

small guns (as your first character you want to be able to use anything you can get ahold of which is 99% of the time a small gun or melee weapon which melee weapons are very hard to hunt with until you have some leather armor mk1 or mk2 and 2 toughness)

science (make your own bullets and guns)

first aid/outdoorsman (if you arent planning on a high level character get outdoorsman(only need 95% to get max encounter evade) or repair (to repair any guns you get ahold of because they do work less well the more durability % that is on them)  because i've always been able to walk into town, ask for a doctor or first aid, get it, and go back out hunting because people like to just stand around in ncr and they'll welcome some easy xp by healing you)

Sex Appeal (has absolutely 0 use in fonline but i take it when i can't think of anything else to take)

Awareness/Toughness (toughness helps survivalability a LOT or you can take awareness to see what weapon, armor, and current ammo level an enemy or friendly has without having to ask)
Toughness (survivability)
Bonus Ranged Damage (by now you should have plenty of ammo and be able to burst in most encounters where this will help greatly)
Lifegiver (95-99% of builds should have this at level 12)
Bonus Rate of Fire (another 1 ap off any ranged attack)
Bonus Ranged Damage (ratatatatat)
Gain Agility (to knock yourself up to 9 AP and also increase your AC where action boy would just give you another action point)

Besides Reginmunds corrections, i have some more...
First of all, put only 5 into Strength (thats enough for Sniper rifle and any other small gun). The 1 free point you put into
Agility, which will give you laters in combination with 1 Action Boy perk a better outcome than StJimmies build.

Another point would be tagging repair instead of science, as you will have to level repair higher than science to be small gun crafter.

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »

I have also a Question. If i take 10 Agility and then Action Boy on level 18 and 21 will this raise my AP to 12 like it is in normal Fallout 2 or is 10 AP the maximum?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 10:10:24 pm »

I have also a Question. If i take 10 Agility and then Action Boy on level 18 and 21 will this raise my AP to 12 like it is in normal Fallout 2 or is 10 AP the maximum?

You will have 12AP, no max. Use a custom interface if you want to see all yours AP.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.