Author Topic: Character Animations  (Read 130088 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Character Animations
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2011, 03:04:43 pm »
Hmmm... How about we actually use the dancing animation for people in places like Maltese Falcon, Malamut saloon and that kind of stuff? Just a random idea.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2011, 03:15:16 pm »
I'd appreciate it, but not if it looks like some Micheal Jackson wannabe like in above video. :P ;)

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2011, 03:32:20 pm »
IMO some drunk-junk-lazy moves with the head down would fit :)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2011, 07:56:59 pm »
Hello, I made the walking animation for the female character. The idle for unarmed and spear are also different from the male, the others can be converted easily when they are ready.

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGGg2hPHuY

PS: please excuse if I don't use the work that many of you made, I've seen a lot of good stuff these days. I'll try to add some when I can.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:25:49 pm by Karpov »

Offline Gray

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2011, 06:37:37 am »
Hello, I made the walking animation for the female character. The idle for unarmed and spear are also different from the male, the others can be converted easily when they are ready.

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGGg2hPHuY
Very good animation, but too fast. Her feet slides.
80% speed should be OK.

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2011, 07:18:31 am »
Nice the animation looks real smooth only a bit fast as Gray said

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »
Great stuff man, as always!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 09:38:59 pm »
Nice work, Karpov, what should i say? I appreciate your work a lot, it gives me the hope that someday we'll have these in-game.
For that, i'll even donate money.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2011, 03:52:36 pm »
Thanks. I wanted to keep the exact frame count from the male walk, but somehow it seems to go faster  ??? . Anyway, I tested it on 0.85 speed, and goes fine, maybe I'll stretch it to that proportion.

Also I wanted to say that if someone , while playing with the SDK, notices something that can be fixed about the animations or that does not look right, please let me know. At this point I don't know what to do, but I would not want to convert all animations to the female figure until I make sure all anims look right. I think I'll give it some time, and then convert them so that we have finally both characters fully playable.

Offline Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2011, 08:51:30 am »
i see the minigun animation and i think its kinda weird, initially it looks very nice with the bullets falling,etc.
but the recoil of the guns is not only vertical they retreat back to the user also like a non easy to control weapon every bulletshould move the gun to right or left, randomly, i personallythink that a uncontrolable and exagerated movement should look better because the weapon itself look like this. even if it dont fits with the original animation
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2011, 02:57:04 pm »
i belive that the miniguns spin so the vertical and back recoil to be reduced by the angular velocity(or something, idk, to lazy to google)

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2011, 03:51:04 pm »
    This weapon is very easy to control because of barrel small caliber.
U.S use it on blackhawk helicopter to support both sides, and they need to be very static  in one  place, not trowing on left and right side.
This weapon has only two defects. 8) Very heavy, terrible to monitor on decreasing amount of ammunition because, of fireing speed   :o   Perfect animation gratz ;D
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Seedgroup/05.gif
     Wasteland is Harsh but Some People are just Harsher

Offline Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »
yep in real life miniguns are very stable
but this is fonline, so i think they need to look very uncontrolable and psicho weapons, and that fits also with way of playing of most people,who use it for pking

Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Offline Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2011, 04:23:40 am »
yep in real life miniguns are very stable
but this is fonline, so i think they need to look very uncontrolable and psicho weapons, and that fits also with way of playing of most people,who use it for pking

In real life, you also don't shoot miniguns from your hip. Not even an M60, because of the weight and insane recoil.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2011, 09:07:44 am »
Not even an M60, because of the weight and insane recoil.

This.
Even in Terminator 2 Arnie needed a tripod in his pants and he was shooting blanks. What would you expect from a weapon meant to be mounted on a vehicle? ST15?