Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 241540 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2011, 03:29:42 pm »
The tribal patterns are way too dark on this one. Make 'em a bit smaller or raise the textures opacity.

None of these would make the texture look better. If I will make a texture of the tribal patterns smaller, it would make a whole big mess of the model at a distance. Opacity would make the same thing - a texture of the patterns would look almost the same as the general color of the steel. So... this is the best I can do from it so far.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2011, 04:13:04 pm »
I was under the impression that you edit your textures in photoshop with different layers - used a wrong term there. I meant that the black stuff on the grey layer should have a higher opacity, so it doesn't stand out too much.

So replace "texture" in my post with "layer". :)

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #527 on: June 22, 2011, 12:25:02 pm »
Little update from the old "things to do list" :

[...]
1) Provisional version of Hooded, damaged coat
2) Provisional version of Gangster Suits
3) Any corrections / suggestions to the above
4) Female versions of these (and duster)

5) Lots of things that need doing from the armour and weapons trackers (i.e. texturing of armours and UV mapping of weapons). (other people have done this)

Then after all those are done,
6) If still available (i.e. nobody else has started working on them), the desert robes here and here.
7) Other things from the suggestions page[...]

Obviously there's new things to add :

1) If it wants doing, adjusting the UV maps on the new body models (fat, thin, dwarf etc)
2 or 3) Making fat / thin / dwarf etc for all the armours I have done
2 or 3b) Possibly adjusting / remaking the NCR longcoat guy, as I think I could do this better now (had a bit more practice)
3 or 2) The desert robes, as mentioned above, in all male/female/fat/thin/dwarf etc
4 or 5) Seeing if I can improve my textures, so they match the Fallout colour / style a bit better (ideally as close as possible to original styled sprites, until the "pixellation filter" exists.
5 or 4) Any other work that needs doing from the trackers
6) Anything else from the suggestions page

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2011, 12:47:19 pm »
Once again:

for you making this beautiful coat. :) It looks exactly like I imagined when I suggested it.
As for making the textures into the FO color palette, that's rather easy. All you need is the palette file (uploaded it here http://www.zshare.net/download/91739126cfb2c9b1/ ) and you export the image files into 8bit files with this palette in photoshop.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2011, 01:11:04 pm »
You're welcome  :)

Palette will be very useful, thank you. I think there would still need to be a "stage 1" colour adjust first to get the tone, saturation and contrast correct - i.e if we want the blue jeans of the NCR guy to be exactly the same shade of blue as the trousers of either "Ian" or "Black man with red shirt", then they would need a little bit of adjusting first. Palette makes a brilliant "stage 2" to finish it off nicely.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #530 on: June 22, 2011, 02:06:20 pm »
it can be a cloth, not an armor, but is awesome anyway

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2011, 07:57:02 pm »
That coat looks like one of Houdini's escape trick straight jackets. Very very cool!

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #532 on: July 27, 2011, 03:05:43 pm »
Leather Armor.

Download link.

Combat Leather Jacket

Download link
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:08:33 pm by Graf »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #533 on: July 27, 2011, 03:23:33 pm »
awesome job Graf!

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #534 on: July 27, 2011, 03:37:31 pm »
Wow. You've certainly got the knack of getting these done quickly. Very nice :)

« Reply #535 on: July 27, 2011, 08:38:54 pm »
This looks real good I especially like the leather armors they are just too cool.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #536 on: August 01, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »
Leather Jacket

Download link

There's one thing that I've mentioned after comparing the models with the original sprites (sadly, I've mentioned that too late) - For some reason, mr. Karpov put the shoulder pad on the wrong shoulder. How do you people think, should I fix that?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:13:25 pm by Graf »

« Reply #537 on: August 01, 2011, 09:06:34 pm »
Awesome work, Graf!)

If you wish, you can fix that and ah, one detail. The lady's decoletee is more of lighter colour than her neck, could you fix that as well?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #538 on: August 01, 2011, 09:19:42 pm »
Karpov's leather jacket seems the right way round in the tracker, and presumably sdk - is it perhaps possible to flip the model in the .fo3d (or some other such) file?

Otherwise I guess it's a case of horizontal flip on all of them... easy, but takes time.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #539 on: August 01, 2011, 09:20:30 pm »
Thanks, I think I'll fix that someday at a later stage of the development (of maybe someone else will do, which is better). I'd prefer to not to bother myself with that kind of stuff and move to the other model. After all, it's best to have all models working, than just a few of them, and that kind of stuff can be fixed anytime.

Concerning the decollete - its color depends of the base texture, so it will be fixed before uploading to the repo.