FOnline Development > 3D Development

Armors and clothing

<< < (141/141)

Luther Blissett:
Excellent. Do you want me to get on with sorting out that stuff with the hair/subsets etc? (or is there anything else I've got half-done somewhere which needs finishing first?).

Karpov:
Well...that's a non important task, but I can't think of anything else, at least for now. Go ahead if you want to do it. The idea is to separate the hair into 2 subsets; the top of the head, and the rest. Then you can disable the subset from the fo3d file. I think it works; I should check...
 There is also a way to disable meshes/objects inside the x. file. If you have 2 objects inside a file, you use Mesh 0, or Mesh 1, instead of Root, and then disable the subsets. I don't think this will help you but I find it very interesting.
 I was thinking of adding the power armor as an object with it's own skeleton. Which makes perfect sense since the Power Armor is actually an exoskeleton. But I had this problem with the head, where the height of the armor didn't match the height of the man, so the head was not totally visible. I guess I can add a fake head, now that I know how to select the different Meshes inside the fo3d file. The hardest part is that I need to convert all of the animations to the PowerArmor skeleton. Good thing is I don't need female versions for those.

However, I'll stick to the power armors we have now for a while, there is nothing wrong with them, other than they don't look at all like the sprites, of course.

Luther Blissett:
If the power armour links to a separate fo3d file, would it be possible to separate the head with subsets (i.e. disable rest of body), then to reposition it with the scale/x/y/rotation coordinates like you have done with the weapons and other hand items? Not tested this of course, but in my head it sort of sounds like it would work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version