Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 240831 times)

Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #660 on: June 14, 2012, 08:37:01 pm »
This dark?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #661 on: June 14, 2012, 08:43:02 pm »
You shouldn't worry too much about the hue or brightness about them yet, things that look "right" in the render preview here may look totally off ingame then - you will need to tweak the .psd files as you test the models ingame on the fly either way. ;)

Re: Fisherman
« Reply #662 on: June 14, 2012, 10:11:25 pm »
That's why i keep' em good 'dem PSDs, Surf... ;)

Also, GMs, i missed the skin giveaway event because of sleep due work next day. Is there a way to get this skin in game? *politelyask*

download

(it still needs some work)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:13:07 pm by Horatio »

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #663 on: June 15, 2012, 01:20:45 am »
Much agreement with what Surf said above. Most of the graphics will need tweaking several times as adjustments are made to the lighting and stuff.

The skin giveaways are for the 2D graphics that are already in game. The 3D stuff only exists on various test repos at the moment, though if you're feeling adventurous there should be enough info in the tutorials if you want to set up a 3D test repo yourself. The difference between colour in game and colour in Photoshop is also quite severe at times, so it can be very useful to check this in game, then tweak slightly and re-export, check again etc.

female tribal
« Reply #664 on: June 16, 2012, 12:20:32 am »
Luther, i tried to setup the test server, but failed. Will try again later, when i'm done with few more models/skins.
Yet, shouldn't all these models be rigged/animated before they can be tested?

All i do is also stored in PSD, except that "special" working layers, which i'll reserve for later.

tribeswoman
updated tribesman

The woman hasn't much details, they could be added later. I will now drink some beer and watch some football.
Thanks for Graf and the repository, it's a real treasure chest!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:23:45 am by Horatio »

« Reply #665 on: June 16, 2012, 09:50:21 am »
Woman is good, mabye add details to pants. Very good work!
TBH - The Black Hearts...
Future of wasteland

JovankaB

« Reply #666 on: June 16, 2012, 11:04:07 am »
I think the tribals shoul have the pants/bra slightly darker. IMHO right now
the clothes look a bit too similar to the skin. Especially the female model.
It looks like you couldn't decide if you want them nude or in some clothes.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:06:38 am by JovankaB »

« Reply #667 on: June 16, 2012, 03:42:43 pm »
The outfits are looking good but as the others said they are a bit too bright but well it probably look different ingame.

On the note of them needing to be rigged to test them in game I think they could use the default skeleton that Karpov uses to make his animations they may not fit perfectly but should be able to make them move. (beside by default I think it would be done by tweaking Karpovs animations to fit to these models easier then making a new rig and animate them from scratch)

tweaked tribals
« Reply #668 on: June 16, 2012, 05:59:59 pm »
Fixed a bit of lighting, good that all is stored in layers.

Jovanka, i was pretty sure about MY preference, but i wouldn't go and try to damage the fragile psyche of some players with female curves. So i covered them up.
Oddly, there wasn't any nude female texture in the repository, perhaps to fend off pervs. Also, the female texture seem to have two versions with different UVs.

Jotisz, they will sure be needed to be adjusted. I will do that later when i'm done with these rough drafts.
And the textures are more easily exchanged that complete models with rigs, no? I will also go and try some rigging later.

Beret, thanks! I added the rim of the pants, but i haven't noticed many details on female pants, like holes or something like that, but i will add them perhaps later. :)

download

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:01:56 pm by Horatio »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #669 on: June 16, 2012, 06:44:02 pm »
Pretty nice stuff there. Doing good! ;)
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Mrs. Bishop, new bodytype and hairstyle
« Reply #670 on: June 17, 2012, 06:11:08 pm »
Thanks, Haraldx, i'm doing my best so far...

So what will happen to the models here? So far, i recall NastyKhan made the mechanic outfit for the dwarf, but the armor tracker wiki still says it's unavailable.

Should they all being rigged and tested in game before uploaded to the repository?

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #671 on: June 17, 2012, 06:29:11 pm »

She looks like a 2070s housewife

One shot before the game.
« Reply #672 on: June 17, 2012, 08:37:04 pm »
Heh, i guess she does. :)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #673 on: June 17, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »
Yup, all clothes/armors should be rigged if use an additional model. If it's just a texture change then it should be already working properly.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

New haircut on a t-shirt guy.
« Reply #674 on: June 27, 2012, 05:31:27 pm »
Well, for plain, snug clothes a texture will be enough, i think.
I have a question to Karpov: with which brush did you make this awesome hair texture? I used the female hairbob texture for this haircut.

download