Author Topic: Armors and clothing  (Read 238120 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Armors and clothing
« on: February 16, 2011, 03:14:24 pm »
OK, here I will Post a list of armors and the Stage of development.

Orange - applicable to this body type, but missing
Blue - not applicable to this body type
Green - done

If something is wrong, let me know. Note that an armor being in a stage does not mean the author is actually working on it, but what the armor model needs.

You can post your progress in armors in this topic.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:40:06 pm by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Armors and clothing
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 03:19:54 pm »
I'm quite interested in making CLJ. Can you send me your male/female model, so I can correctly shape it?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 03:24:06 pm »
Power Armor   Female   Reshape   Gray

I don't think female power armor has to be reshaped. It's a big, massive armor after all. Wouldn't make much sense if you could see boobs through it, etc. Same with robe, which was used in the original game as androgyn model as well (though, this one might be debatable).

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 03:27:12 pm »
I don't think female power armor has to be reshaped. It's a big, massive armor after all. Wouldn't make much sense if you could see boobs through it, etc. Same with robe, which was used in the original game as androgyn model as well (though, this one might be debatable).
I can agree on that.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 03:39:39 pm »
I had a go at this the other day, but got a bit stuck after a while, due to difficulty in identifying parts from the sprite. The Combat Leather Jacket was visually the same as Leather Jacket in game - so the only reference image I've been able to find is the inventory one. I interpreted it as roughly the same as normal leather jacket, but with brown leather shoulders, a sort of cross over the middle, and some "stuff" on the arms.

But the brown stuff - is that fur, gecko skin, dirt, brown leather, extra pockets, a painted "tribal tattoo" like design?
Is the green stuff gecko skin, grenades, painted design?

Anyway, this is the model as is, put onto Karpov's body model (and with the skin texture and approximate boot shape taken from Ztormi's Leather Armour model)

In retrospect, it may make much more sense to just add extra parts to, or simply re-texture the existing leather jacket - assuming the model for this exists somewhere, but I fancied a go at it anyway, for the practice.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:54:29 am by Luther Blissett »

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 03:51:31 pm »
Combat Leather Jacket is here (topic forum).

Offline Gray

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 03:54:53 pm »
Advanced Power ArmorMaleModellingGray
Texturing :P

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 04:12:04 pm »

+1 With PA/APA since it's a personal tank, but i think that female robe model should be made since you would expect to see the difference between a guy in robe and a chick in robe. Hmm?

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 04:14:38 pm »
I think those are not bullets but stitches - on the other hand i dont think you would see much of a difference  from iso view.

I think the model looks really good, but in my opinion the boots are to.. hmm massive?

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 04:31:08 pm »
Even if those are stitches, those bullets look great.  That whole combat jacket looks great.
I feel like the jacket is supposed to have a camouflaged look, hence the brown and green on it.
However, your jacket looks better than a camo one might.  Just enough different from the normal leather jacket to tell it apart.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 04:31:43 pm »
The brown stuff is hardned leather bracer.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 04:38:23 pm »
Brown stuff looks more like a dirt to me. Can't tell about that green thing. It might be some kind of dirt as well or kind of belt(this one on the chest)
You did very nice job here. Maybe little more dirt on pants and boots as well? :P
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 04:42:34 pm »
I think those are not bullets but stitches - on the other hand i dont think you would see much of a difference  from iso view[...]

Stitches or "tassles" was my other thought about what they could be - I've got a "stitches" version on a different photoshop layer, so can just swap that over if it's the case - but you're right, when zoomed in it's probably just two slightly yellow pixels anyway.

[...]the boots are to.. hmm massive?

Haha. Yeah. I'm well aware of that. Like a child wearing dad's boots. It's just the jacket I made new - the boots and body are a "placeholder" from the Leather Armour model (just re-textured quickly), so it could be seen "on a person" model for the screenshot.

I'm not sure whether extra boots or trousers are needed or not on the model. If there's existing trousers / boots on the current leather jacket model, it would make sense to just re-use them, if that was possible.

Brown stuff looks more like a dirt to me. Can't tell about that green thing. It might be some kind of dirt as well or kind of belt(this one on the chest)
You did very nice job here. Maybe little more dirt on pants and boots as well? :P

I'll see if anyone (probably Karpov) knows what's needed regarding legs and feet - i.e. if I need to model trousers / boots as well - then if so, I can make them all dirty quite easily.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 05:14:57 pm »
Very good. Can you make leather texture a bit more brown?
 The pants you can paint them in the character texture, there is no need to model them, just don't change the mapping coordinates of course. I added this to the list.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 05:17:40 pm »
Yes, the power armor is the only armor that works fine using the same model. The difference between the girl in PA and the man in PA is that the girl has a different Idle pose. Which looks strange, but maybe because I am not used to it.