Author Topic: NEW armors/clothes suggestions  (Read 130567 times)

Re: NEW armors/clothes suggestions
« Reply #390 on: January 05, 2012, 01:07:02 pm »
I always imagined this on more... Hmm... Crysis-Armor-like or even better - deus-ex-limbs-like - not as a suit, more like ehm.... artificial body. Not sure if it still fits the Fallout style.... Surely it's futuristic, not so retro though... So what Im trying to say is probably. baaelSiljan's photo is not what i imagined, but may fit better then my picture of it. And obviously - the dune refference make sense.

« Reply #391 on: January 05, 2012, 08:00:08 pm »
baaelSiljan  Hi! Textures I do in XaraXtreme and ArtRage. Combine or fully draw on the tablet itself. Like this:

For example, I draw myself in the vector bricks, then outline them with a pen, appeared to ragged edges. And above impose a mask of any texture. Then it is combined, adjusted color and contrast - new original texture is ready!

And about the mapping, so entirely in Max, with his hands. If you get used to, it turns out quite quickly.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:15:30 pm by White tiger »

« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2012, 03:30:15 am »
I've played all the fallout games to date, (Even some of V13) and I gotta say, I loved the design of the Enclave officer's uniforms in Fallout 3.

You know what to do.

in Requiem, there is enclave, player driven faction. They have to gather, craft.. like everybody else, but they have special base and rank before their names. Their roleplay is based on kill everyone.

« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2012, 08:12:42 pm »
You know what to do.

I hear cicadas. What should one supposed to do?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2012, 11:13:36 pm »
I hear cicadas. What should one supposed to do?

Eat cicadas, I dunno, also I'm pretty sure someone already suggested this, and by this I mean this.

in Requiem, there is enclave, player driven faction. They have to gather, craft.. like everybody else, but they have special base and rank before their names. Their roleplay is based on kill everyone.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #395 on: January 14, 2012, 01:21:00 am »
In Fallout 2 enclave crew either had leather armor sprites bluesuits or lab coats. So the uniform should be something in leather armor colours.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2012, 10:26:43 am »
Hey Enclavesniper, guess what.
It's your lucky day.
I jumped your private modeler army this morning to make a armor just for the kind of request you made.

nicerequest.blend
127.7 KB
www.megaupload.com/?d=4MRNBNZ0

Be content with it.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2012, 10:29:42 am »
In Fallout 2 enclave crew either had leather armor sprites bluesuits or lab coats. So the uniform should be something in leather armor colours.

Well, keep in mind, that when it comes to critters, Fallout 1 and 2 are highly limited in their graphical presentation. Lots of critters use the same graphics, not because they look like that, but because there wasn't much of an alternative.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2012, 11:22:07 am »
Hey Enclavesniper, guess what.
It's your lucky day.
I jumped your private modeler army this morning to make a armor just for the kind of request you made.

nicerequest.blend
127.7 KB
www.megaupload.com/?d=4MRNBNZ0

Be content with it.
Why is it only .blend? :(
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2012, 01:53:55 pm »
Well, keep in mind, that when it comes to critters, Fallout 1 and 2 are highly limited in their graphical presentation. Lots of critters use the same graphics, not because they look like that, but because there wasn't much of an alternative.
But there were enough sprites so they could go for the closest alternative.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »
Why is it only .blend? :(

Because it's made only for the "Mr. You-know-what-to-do" and noone else, Haraldx and that's why it's so special.
Nobody ever ordered here to do anything.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2012, 04:20:09 pm »
Because it's made only for the "Mr. You-know-what-to-do" and noone else, Haraldx and that's why it's so special.
Ah, I sense what this magic blending contains.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:09 pm »

I was making a joke, if I was so incredibly serious about it I'd do it myself.
Jesus, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2012, 07:01:36 pm »
"... and then they both said sorry to each other and everyone was best friends."

If this is wanted / needed, the hat would be simple and easy to do. Should the clothing be a re-skin of the leather armour, perhaps, or maybe make the armour as a new model and try to transfer it to a Fallout style palette? I think there's quite a bit of design freedom for whoever wants to try at this at some point (as said, if it is actually needed).

I'd also suggest that if something good is made for this, it's also adapted to the "NCR policeman" model. I've never been much a fan of the existing "stick man" ones.

« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2012, 08:12:37 pm »
I say, i was in pretty bad mood, so forgive me for this lame outburst of temper, EnclaveSniper. No hard feelings, eh, dude?  :D