Author Topic: NEW armors/clothes suggestions  (Read 128124 times)

Re: NEW armors/clothes suggestions
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 07:57:25 pm »
I have nothing against tire armor. Moreover - I haven't know that this joke was posted before, lol. Just was curious how you guys see it. Totally no offence. And yeah. I believe it fits postapo theme very well. Same applies to football stuff and eg. hockey masks or something.
To stay totally on topic:
I've found something like this. No idea where it comes from:
http://www.fallout-archives.com/pics/NEW_POWER_ARMOR.jpg
Looks like something between original power armors and that way-too-futuristic stuff from Fallout Tactics.

Not that your link there isn't pretty rad looking, but there's a lot of talk about power armors.  We won't even be wearing them in game unless we're GMs or maybe in events.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 07:59:29 pm »
Bah, no new power armors. They will never be comon in the gameworld anyway.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 08:08:59 pm »
I suggest a sling. This primitive weapon would make rocks more useful.
Maybe it could also be used with grenades, for increased range.

It also fits post-apocalyptic style in my opinion. It's one of the easiest weapons to make, all you need is a rope.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:12:54 pm by JovankaB »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 08:09:48 pm »
I don't think it is a good idea to add new weapons. The decision of not adding new killingstuff right now was never because of lack of 3d models, but because of gamebalance.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 08:13:50 pm »
Alright, sorry, the title says "NEW armors/clothes/weapons suggestions" and that's why I posted.

On the other hand, I understand that some advanced weapon could destroy the balance, but I don't think a low-tier weapon could really do it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:16:06 pm by JovankaB »

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 08:17:22 pm »
fix'd. While I also think that low-tier weapons and eye-candy ones wouldn't affect game balance at all.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:19:40 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 08:22:36 pm »
Let's think.

Goggles.
Gas Mask.
Glasses
Eyepatch

Even if they didn't have any stat bonuses, I imagine stuff like that would be very popular.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 08:24:30 pm »
Eyepatch

And if you wear eyepatch it should work like you had a crippled eye :>
I think glasses could add +1PE if you had PE lower than 4 :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:26:51 pm by JovankaB »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 08:31:11 pm »
We have eyepatch models from VB already. I think it was like this: If you have crippled eyes, your character wears the eyepatch automatically. Though, don't know if it's still in the game.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 06:41:52 pm »
in my opinion, there should be lots of varies of clothes, for example that gangster suit, it should have different colors, for example there could be

with different colors, like white, dark blue, grey, black, green? (and other suitable colors)

what about jeans jacket? Jeans? imho there should be ability to change different clothes for different body parts, like shoes (well okay maybe not), jeans, shirt/jacket/armor... so if you put combat armor's helmet and torso part but not legs, your legs are more vulnerable and you have less protection

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 07:23:02 pm »
what about jeans jacket? Jeans? imho there should be ability to change different clothes for different body parts, like shoes (well okay maybe not), jeans, shirt/jacket/armor... so if you put combat armor's helmet and torso part but not legs, your legs are more vulnerable and you have less protection
Come on! It's not a SIMS and not a Fallout 3. I bet almost no one here needs these shoes, jeans and other pre-war shit. It's a post-apocalyptic world after all! If you want to be a stylish dude - wear leather jacket.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 07:30:55 pm »
Haha  ;D Ok Graf, but maybe people like Mordino, Salvatore , or Roger Westin used more stylish clothes even in a post apocalyptic world.
  Right now you can swap the textures for the pants, but not in the combat armor, I think that should stay an uniform.

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 08:17:06 pm »
jeans were made in 60's and why do you think that post apocalyptic world cant have own fashion? oh come on, if war left only wasteland doesnt mean all people are bluesuits.... its good to have own style for god sake.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 08:21:31 pm »
I personally like the clothes in FNV a lot. They fit the setting, style and don't look unbelievable (like the ones in Fallout 3). In general they should look like they aren't mass produced in some factory, but handmade.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 11:44:48 am »
I personally like the clothes in FNV a lot. They fit the setting, style and don't look unbelievable (like the ones in Fallout 3). In general they should look like they aren't mass produced in some factory, but handmade.

or just found somewhere :P
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS