"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:17:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PPK12 Gauss Pistol in shops  (Read 5803 times)

PPK12 Gauss Pistol in shops
« on: February 14, 2011, 06:18:34 pm »

well i was thinking mabey 1time a week 1 vender randomly cued get 1 PPK12 Gauss Pistol at random at a random time with 25 ammo was gust thinking this wooed Mack the game funner so pople have not had a chance to find them well hear is a norther way then buying them form players and cheaper to i think it woud be coolwell i know most lander coud afford this

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
Re: PPK12 Gauss Pistol in shops
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 07:25:54 pm »

No no no no, sorry, despite being a gamebraking suggestion.  :o
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 08:10:59 pm »

No no no no, sorry, despite being a gamebraking suggestion.  :o

how you can find the in very rare encounters http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/PPK12_Gauss_Pistol  i think this woud stop big gangs form stock piling them and give every 1 a chance to use them
ever 1 can get the ammo at  glow all ready its not my fault if you dont use shops
 sory you could not see my text had to edit it
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:42:28 pm by namenotfound »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:13:43 pm »

Thinking of taming down Gauss a little and making it only available from Glow in a limited form
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:22:31 pm »

Thinking of taming down Gauss a little and making it only available from Glow in a limited form

NOOOOOOOOOO
Please now, it would loose all his interest. What is great is: rare, a way to obtain ammo, but in small quantities, but powerfull to make it worth it! Please, don't nerf it, maybe a bit more encounter so see more gauss in waste, but no nerf, it would realy destroy, at least really lower, his interest!
Gauss is fine!
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 08:25:05 pm »

Agreed with Crazy. Everyone just wants the best/highest tier stuff and if everything will be available right from the get go the "lesser" items lose their meaning, as well as the (like in that example) gauss pistol if it gets more common.  :-\
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:35:28 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOO
Please now, it would loose all his interest. What is great is: rare, a way to obtain ammo, but in small quantities, but powerfull to make it worth it! Please, don't nerf it, maybe a bit more encounter so see more gauss in waste, but no nerf, it would realy destroy, at least really lower, his interest!
Gauss is fine!

But it's so rare that people hardly ever want to risk using it. If it was not worth 20 times it's weight in gold, and almost unseen, people would use it more. Even if it was only marginally, instead of overwhelmingly better than the other small guns/pistol type small guns, people would probably use it anyway. Especially if it was less rare, but still hard to get.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 08:36:53 pm »

To Surf Solar - read this quote again. Solar said that he wants to make it even more rare than it's now.
Did I understand well?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 08:40:27 pm »

To Surf Solar - read this quote again. Solar said that he wants to make it even more rare than it's now.
Did I understand well?

No. At least, as I understand it ;p

Edit: Idea: Solar, instead of making that for gauss, why not making it for Bozar? Finally we would see some IG, it's availability would be between gauss and sniper rifle, and it would be logical, because it's power is between that as well.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:45:05 pm by Crazy »

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 08:49:50 pm »

Did I understand well?

Well, as I see it, that might mean it was as rare as now, but more predictable (You know where to go, but you might not get it.) It might also make it slightly more common, if not by much, because it would be in the one place, but not always. Repeatedly visiting the Glow might end up being a more consistent source, if an intermittent and dangerous one. If this happens, time will tell how it affects rareness, obviously. Solar could also say something about what he had in mind, if he had a mind to.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 08:52:45 pm »

It can be nerfed and still be significantly better than any other gun. Something like 4 times as powerfull as a sniper rifle to 3 times as powerful as a sniper rifle :P

Nor would it be large amounts, just enough to entice some people down to fight over the trickle.

I've no idea how rare it is now - but it should be sufficiently rare and unreliable that you couldn't play Gauss all the time.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 09:28:46 pm »

I've no idea how rare it is now - but it should be sufficiently rare and unreliable that you couldn't play Gauss all the time.

Well, it clearly  is ;p
Now that the trick for getting ammo is known, it is somehow... Very hard to obtain more than 10 ammo at a time (usually per day if you don't play mcuh and don't spend all your time in... huh where you find ammo. Less if you don't go there every day, like me). And pistol is still very rare.
But even if a bit more ammo and encounter would be good, nerfing it would be fine. I think it's strenght is perfect now.

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 09:45:37 pm »

but i think every 1 shoud be ablue to fins 1 at least 1 time in game  in sted of rite now propel macing builds to farm them

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 09:54:23 pm »

Its fine, presuming its sufficiently rare that it is never used. Its way too good now if it ever gets used.

Dropping it down to somewhere in the region of twice as good vs BA as a .223 pistol would mean its still really great, its just not so increadibly great that it makes all other weapons look like pea shooters.

I've been working on a price system for weapons the last few days, which generates a price based upon their power vs different armour types, the range and a couple of other things. The Avenger comes out at $6350, the Sniper Rifle comes out at $5000, a buffed Gatling comes out at $5450, a nerfed Gauss Rifle comes out at $8800 (most expensive thing) and an unnerfed Gauss Rifle comes out at $11100 (!).

If you had a small chance of finding a rifle per hour (say 1 in 150) and a little higher of a pistol (say 1 in 75) with sufficiently hard work to do to even have a chance ... then you won't really be swimming in gauss. Could also limit it to between 10-50 rounds spawning in the whole of the glow per hour.

As namenot says, alts farming the stuff isn't great.

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 10:06:58 pm »

Its fine, presuming its sufficiently rare that it is never used. Its way too good now if it ever gets used.

Dropping it down to somewhere in the region of twice as good vs BA as a .223 pistol would mean its still really great, its just not so increadibly great that it makes all other weapons look like pea shooters.

I've been working on a price system for weapons the last few days, which generates a price based upon their power vs different armour types, the range and a couple of other things. The Avenger comes out at $6350, the Sniper Rifle comes out at $5000, a buffed Gatling comes out at $5450, a nerfed Gauss Rifle comes out at $8800 (most expensive thing) and an unnerfed Gauss Rifle comes out at $11100 (!).

If you had a small chance of finding a rifle per hour (say 1 in 150) and a little higher of a pistol (say 1 in 75) with sufficiently hard work to do to even have a chance ... then you won't really be swimming in gauss. Could also limit it to between 10-50 rounds spawning in the whole of the glow per hour.

As namenot says, alts farming the stuff isn't great.

well how about 1 time every relay life month in 1 random shop with 25 ammo
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 23 queries.