"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:19:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Too much waiting.  (Read 2080 times)

Too much waiting.
« on: February 13, 2011, 03:39:38 pm »

I really love the fact that you guys attempted to do this. I loved fallout 1 and 2 and hated 3 and vegas.

Everything is awesome, realistic, ruthless. Its just like the road warrior wasteland it was supposed to be.

However:
1. The time it takes to respawn is much too long. 60 seconds? there should be an option to wait for resurection or to respawn immeadiatly. The respawn point is so far away that it is unnecessary for a timer.
2. The time it takes to travel has no hope to be realistic so it should be faster, there needs to be cars, trains, and much faster walking times on the map. The time and year should be irrelevant for game reasons and ought to be used for developer event time lines. Its frustrating to walk for 15min and then get killed and have to start 15min in the opposite direction. I would even like to see respawn at the point of death after 60sec.
3. the time it takes to log out and in with another character is too long as well. 2 or 3min should be fine if you want to keep people from swapping items, which will happen anyways.
4. real time combat with multiple npcs is impossble. There should always be turn based combat when a human player is involved. There is no way I can navigate your interface in real time. however there should be turn limits.

Those are my major complaints so far. The game is looking really good, its just really frustrating to walk in on 10 armed npcs in real time then wait for 15min to get back to where I was. I know I'm going to die, I expect to die, but real time combat with computers and long wait times make me tired of playing really fast. Especially long travel time.
Thanks

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Too much waiting.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 03:42:47 pm »

4. real time combat with multiple npcs is impossble. There should always be turn based combat when a human player is involved.

You can set it in your game options, then encounters will be in tb by default. We will never set turn based for city locations, as it would take years until the combat stopped again.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »

What about a distance from the nearest person in combat modifier?

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 04:14:50 pm »

2. The time it takes to travel has no hope to be realistic so it should be faster, there needs to be cars, trains, and much faster walking times on the map. The time and year should be irrelevant for game reasons and ought to be used for developer event time lines. Its frustrating to walk for 15min and then get killed and have to start 15min in the opposite direction. I would even like to see respawn at the point of death after 60sec.
Before some updates there was this little thingy - The higher your outdoorsman, the faster you move on the world map. Result? People made a 300% outdoorsman + faster movement on WM perks with 9/10 Charisma to provide a perfect taxi character. Then we made the movement slow, slow. And now it's like this! People started to buy cars, use train more frequently, basically, nobody did really make a 300% outdoorsman alt, because the movement would still be too slow. If you need info about trains/cars go to wiki.
1. The time it takes to respawn is much too long. 60 seconds? there should be an option to wait for resurection or to respawn immeadiatly. The respawn point is so far away that it is unnecessary for a timer.

I have to agree, 60 seconds is too much. maybe 45 would be a little better, however the optimal I think would be 30. I don't really know why did devs make this replication timer...
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 04:15:22 pm »

Wow travel time is just way to boring for me to play.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 04:16:52 pm »

Wow travel time is just way to boring for me to play.
Use trains, they also never get in a encounter and it's only 100 caps per station.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 04:17:48 pm »

well Merlin, many people complain about same things you do, you are not the first.

1. I don't remeber why you need to wait 60 seconds to respawn, however try asking and maybe somebody will give you a proper reason.
2. it waslike this once, but fast running was to powerfull and got nerfed :) cars & trains are in-game.
3. it exist to prevent fast reloging between your characters- for purpose of fair pvp combat in cities. (in fact it takes 3 minutes if you don't try to relog fast but just wait after logging out)
4. it is possible, you just need some skill

Blubber we miss You!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 04:18:27 pm »

I want encounters, I just don't want to sit there for 3 days waiting for one.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 05:02:36 pm »

Too bad that to use car you need to repair it -> You ask someone, but there's noone to trust -> You create an alt -> This way you see, that alts are helpful -> This way you create more alts -> You multi log ->  Eventually you get banned -> Eventually you use proxy etc.
Same goes with refueling the car.

Slowing down caused players to waste more of their time, if they don't wanna use alt to travel.
Also, now instead of 300% outdoorsman 9cha alts, people use 9cha alts with cars. That's not a problem for them.

So developers are encouraging players to cheat more. Some players cheat, some players don't - and most of them just say "fuck this shit" to themselves and stop playing the game.
Why don't you look at the big picture and make this work correctly -.-
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »

I just want to know why it takes 10min to travel back to a town after I die at level 1. Its bullshit. I'm going to stop playing if there is no news of this changing.

Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 05:19:18 pm »

well then you can stop playing now. travel speed won't change for long

Blubber we miss You!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 05:21:11 pm »

you know what? fuck this. Ran back to town got gunned down in 1 sec now I gotta travel a fucking 10min hike back to the place I stashed my stuff.
FUCK use a combat delay or something. walking time shouldn't be so damned long.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 05:22:11 pm »

I just want to know why it takes 10min to travel back to a town after I die at level 1. Its bullshit. I'm going to stop playing if there is no news of this changing.

It's because you're level 1 :P

It should be hard, and gets easier as you level up. Also, have your Outdoorsman to at least 100, that will make it a lot easier for basic traveling.

I would say that the fact you can't respawn right where you died is so that if someone dies in PvP, they can't just go in less than a minute, gear up again, and fight back with a second wave. Also, more ways to travel are planned, a developer said. I hope for more features with cars, and some of the things stated in this thread: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=12806.0
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 05:25:58 pm »

you need 60 secs respawn time do to people dieing then just going back right to battle if it was any shorter it would be even harder for say a defending town control faction to defend from attacking factions would be to fast no time to heal no time to regear or restock ammo and stims. it would be just to hard to defend and attack cause everyone could regear and come back to battle faster.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 05:26:08 pm »

in  the mean time can somone come to Gecko and curb stomp this whore shooting me with a rocket launcher everytime I come into town? The attacks are unprovoked and the guards do nothing. Obviously she has some rep. What am I supposed to do about that?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 18 queries.