"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:49:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50

Author Topic: [Archive]Questions and Answers #4  (Read 125558 times)

Re: Questions and Answers #4
« Reply #660 on: July 10, 2011, 04:35:13 pm »

k thx so i can buy the download because it would of sucked if i ordered it and it didnt work LOL
« Reply #661 on: July 11, 2011, 07:41:06 pm »

Does night person work like drugs for professions?
Ie if i take int 5 and pe 8 as base special and use nightperson can i get demo expert 2 at night?
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D
« Reply #662 on: July 13, 2011, 08:20:11 am »

Where can HQ iron ore be found in Broken Hills? I checked every rocks in the mine and couldnt find it. Can someone please provide a screenshot. Thanks.

Nevermind, I found it:)
It is a small pile of rocks next to the HQ minerals in the begining of the mine.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:08:17 am by Wladyk »

Tin

« Reply #663 on: July 14, 2011, 09:50:12 am »

Does anyone know the formula used to determine the success of a Steal? Such as the penalties for repeated stealing from the same target, positional modifiers, time of day modifiers etc

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #664 on: July 15, 2011, 10:32:39 pm »

Stealing chance

Stealing chance depends on the Steal skill of the thief and the Perception of the robbed person. The size of the item and the direction the victim is facing also matter if the thief doesn't have the Pickpocket perk. Moreover, guards in protected towns can notice stealing near them. They have a lower chance to notice stealing attempts at night.

Source: http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Steal

So according to this info, you should try to get position behind the target during the night (10 PM - 08 AM) and try to steal with high STEAL skill (at least 200%) and "Pickpocket" perk.
« Reply #665 on: July 15, 2011, 10:43:12 pm »

"Pickpocket" perk.
get position behind the target
No need.

Also he asked about exact formula, not phrase: you need "high" steal skill, because "high" steal skill gives "more" chances to steal! Really!
But I don't know exact formula is public. +it'll be hard to get exact % that you'll be spoted or not, because it's unknown if each guard+victim are rolling PE check against steal skill of thief +if range between thief and guard matters +facing of guard matters +victim's PE helps guards or not, etc. There will be really many variables about spoting thief, but stealing item itself should be easy formula, because there will be only victim's PE, thief's steal skill, number of items you want to steal, (weight of item(s) and facing angle of thief and victim, if you don't have perk).

Tin

« Reply #666 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:42 am »

Yeah I was actually after the actual formula used... taking into account modifiers etc

Swiatowid

• Whens WIPE? ... Soon!
« Reply #667 on: July 17, 2011, 09:54:00 am »

I cnat use locker in my hotell room wtf?

Look

• Man bites man
« Reply #668 on: July 22, 2011, 05:05:44 pm »

Hey people, I'm new to this server so I got couple of questions.

1. Can you make a group or something similar so you can chat with people (friends) who aren't near you ?
2. Do you join existing player faction in game or on forums ?
3. Is there a point in trying to loot stuff around as I noticed all the lockers and such are empty ?
4. Is it better to shovel for money for beginner or trying to do quests around ?
5. I noticed some players don't speak english I presume its not mandatory ? (And it also adds up to the confusion of wastelands which I find cool if that is the case)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:07:31 pm by Look »
« Reply #669 on: July 22, 2011, 05:19:11 pm »

1. You can tag people to follow them on world map. They need to have X+1 CH, where X is number of players following them to be able to move on map.
2. Joining faction itself in game, but you can go to gang section forum and try to find it 1st, because trying to find a PC faction in game will be.. a bit problematic.
3. There's no item spawn in lockers/chests.
4. Loot from dead NPCs and sell. Or craft BBs/other ammo and sell. Or craft healing powders and sell. Shoveling shit is a waste of time.
5. You can speak whatever language you want because, obviously, it's not forbidden, so what's the problem?

Look

• Man bites man
« Reply #670 on: July 22, 2011, 05:21:25 pm »

Just asking for the 5th, doesn't represent a problem.

And thanks a lot for the answers.
« Reply #671 on: July 22, 2011, 06:38:07 pm »

Reputation lose for bursting innocent people in guarded town increased? +you're losing reputation when killing innocent bluesuiters in respawn point?
I had ~ -1300 rep with NCR.
Then I said to one guy in metal armor in NCR to give me his armor, but he offended me by saying bad words with sexual content so I had to burst him.
I respawned with ~ -1500 rep with NCR.
Then I was so angry that I killed the same guy again in respawn location in a tent by kicking his eye, and guess what? Now I have ~ -1650 rep with NCR!
Or may be he was in NCR faction somehow? I saw somewhere in the forum in bug section post from Bob that when you're joining BoS in some location you're considered as NCR faction?
Here is it:
NCR \ Brotherhood guard [68167850]
-Accepts 5mm ap , in order to join
  -Player receives negative reputations (BOS -300 | enclave -500 | unity -1000 | )
  -Player is considered member of New California Republic , rank 1
  -Player is unable to enter bunker, receives in msgbox 'need key'

If that's so, then all thieves must join this faction! Just imagine when you steal something and those poor attackers will lose 100-150 rep with NCR with each attack on you! You can even specially provoke them do it 24/7 just keep your own reputation >-1500 and fail steal something and let them attack you!

avv

« Reply #672 on: July 22, 2011, 10:27:32 pm »

I hear these rumours that mercs might return to base/tent if the owner dies in encounter. Any evidence?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #673 on: July 25, 2011, 10:07:51 pm »

Okay, one - maybe a little weird - question.

What happens when you park a car in your tent? Is anyone other than player, who parked it there, able to find it?
« Reply #674 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:51 pm »

Okay, one - maybe a little weird - question.

What happens when you park a car in your tent? Is anyone other than player, who parked it there, able to find it?
No, it's secure.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50

Page created in 1.508 seconds with 22 queries.