"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 03:16:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FOnline: Monologue intro... Public -> Free to use.  (Read 1722 times)

FOnline: Monologue intro... Public -> Free to use.
« on: January 22, 2011, 01:34:12 am »

I wrote this up today out of complete boredom. I am allowing it to be public, so if you want to use it for your own server or something, go for it, just give me credit if necessary.
I'm not looking for anything in return, I just always wanted to write a Fallout Intro (and make the first movie) that old contest got me interested in seeing what I can do with an intro. However I'm not trying to show off, I just want people to read more Fallout related writing :)

Enjoy, but I might turn this into a short story revolving around Vault City, to be used as lore for the VC Faction of 2238...
---------------------
War, war never changes...

War, war never changes... The end of the world came exactly as we predicted, too many lives not enough resources.
October 23rd, 2077, the exact time unknown. The world launched the "Great War" raining nuclear hell upon the rest of mankind.
The Earth was devastated and doomed to end. But war, war never changes, and man unwilling to simply lie down and die, began life a new.
A blood soaked history soon follows as countless groups of shattered Factions and so-called Government officials began picking up the pieces.
With the world torn in nuclear chaos, man was forced to watch his brothers die for the sake of survival. Water and fuel became the new reasons for war.
Within ten years of the "Great War" man became no more than an educated caveman. The simplicity of the production of Laser and Plasma technology did not cease.
As thousands of high-tech firearms became easily obtainable, several Factions began to fight for territories, all claiming to have the one "Great Idea": the salvation
to Earth's doomed civilization.

But war, war never changes and neither did man. Unable to work together, cultures and different ideologies began to fight for domination. Although it is unknown
what has happened to the world outside of Western research, it is assumed that civilization has come to a stand still. With the spreading F.E.V virus created as a science
experiment by U.S officials, the world was flooded with highly dangerous mutated critters. As firearms became the new way of life, academic education was replaced with Combat
Training and small domestic animals were replaced with giant forms of exotic creatures. Man, finding it easier to live a life of murder, began to simply take rather than create.
Countless gangs of highwaymen, robbers, and raiders began to fill the highways of America. Claiming dominance over the wasteland of mankind, the world became nothing more than a
simple race to claim, and protect all remaining luxuries from our past lives.

It is now 2238, over 100 years after the "Great War" but war, war never changes, and still the greed of man became nothing more than a way of life. You are a young citizen of
the wasteland, seeking shelter and a home. You find yourself as nothing more than an insignificant part of the nuclear remains of your brothers.
But the fate of mankind has not yet been decided as we are still here, stained to walk the Earth in search of the impossible peace. Your past life destroyed and your future
clouded by violence and sand storms, you walk alone. Sprawled across the Earth as nothing more than a fleshy beast, you can't help but wonder... why should you care?
You step deep into the depths of hell, as you begin the never ending quest for clean water and shelter...

But as you prepare to fire another bullet into the raging eyes of a lunatic, you can't help but notice... War, war never changes!

Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 18 queries.