"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 07:18:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Open prison for visitors!  (Read 1696 times)

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
Open prison for visitors!
« on: February 16, 2011, 08:40:46 pm »

As few of you might know, somewhere in the californian desert hidden under tons of sand, a prison is located.
Controlled by the mighty and mostly unkown "game masters", this prison is the home of the most sick and evil
inhabitants of california. Dual- and multilogging, exploiting, insulting over the top, name a sin and you will probably find it down there imprisoned.

But since longtime, the peaceful and honest citizens want to see the deliquents, want to throw cabbage and rocks at them for what they did!
Also please dont forget the poor childen, who might wanna see daddy again after years of imprisonment.
And the lawyers of course, even the sickest bandit should have the chance to see a lawyer!

So the suggestion in short, make the prison an accessable location ;)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Open prison for visitors!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 08:41:58 pm »

That's one of my dreams (I had made some map plan for it!), but it is not possible due to technical issues afaik. :(
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:47:03 pm »

Jailing someone is meaned to be a kind of ban. Not a that serious ban, but also nothing that should get rewarded in some kind of way.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:46:55 pm »

I really like this idea. People could check how many players were banned (if they are online atm) so they can be warned about what will happen when they try to cheat/abuse etc.

Also it allows jailed people to perhaps, talk out of jail ? :)

Jailing someone is meaned to be a kind of ban. Not a that serious ban, but also nothing that should get rewarded in some kind of way.
Its not a "reward" for banned players but for visitors

The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:38:13 pm »

i think this idead is pointless
Aku Soku Zan

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 11:12:04 am »

It makes sense if chars cannot log off at all and stay all the time in prison cells.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 03:35:45 pm »

So, would it look like multilevel underground Tibbets Prison, then? (which is a hommage on movie The Fortress)

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:17:47 pm »

Oh great another place for PKing and flaming. Also, who the hell keeps logged in if he is prisoned?
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:21:39 pm »

It makes sense if chars cannot log off at all and stay all the time in prison cells.

They can't! There's no log out in prison, so the only way to disappear there is server crash.
So if you'll have an access to it, you may see offline characters standing there.
I think it'll be ok if it'll be accessable, but in security reasons it should be on island, and the only way to get there is throught NPC dialogue.
it is not possible due to technical issues afaik. :(
But what wrong? Prison should be interior map with no exit. There must be unkillable NPC that teleports you back with dialogue. NPC guards should kill anything that shows agrression like in guarded towns.
I guess if you die there, you'll spawn in cell? If it's true then... well your problem, don't die in prison ^_^

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 12:03:45 am »

Quote from: RavenousRat
I guess if you die there, you'll spawn in cell? If it's true then... well your problem, don't die in prison ^_^
Or, just make it like Hinkley, so that you can't access the prison if you have any weapons/items on you.

Prisoners couldn't be hurt by unarmed attacks, as there is no way to get to them, and if someone managed to kill another visiting player unarmed, they would spawn in a part of the prison where they could get back, or just spawn at closest spawn point (SF or Boneyard, depending on what island)
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 01:07:55 am »

Or, just make it like Hinkley, so that you can't access the prison if you have any weapons/items on you.

Prisoners couldn't be hurt by unarmed attacks, as there is no way to get to them, and if someone managed to kill another visiting player unarmed, they would spawn in a part of the prison where they could get back, or just spawn at closest spawn point (SF or Boneyard, depending on what island)

The offending player is now in a cell  ;D to be judged err... later for their shenanigans.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 12:29:26 pm »

As said above, a server crash or restart would ruin it. The respawn is also a problem. Prisoners should be able to talk to each other, it would be a reason for them to stay logged in. But if they can, then they could kill each other. Same for guests... So respawn point is indeed a problem.

Also as Lexx said we don't jail people for this purpose. However, it could be very interesting to be automatically jailed there for some time, like when you are shot dead because you stole in a guarded town, or when you are killed by SF/VC/NCR caravans or patrols. Reputation uses anyone? :)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 08:12:25 pm »

Not sure its a good idea to mix *out of character* crimes with *in character* punishment. A player who cheat should be punished as a player, he should not be able to roleplay in a cell, its too kind in my opinion.

Sure would be fun to see a roleplay *in game* prison tho. Maybe characters committing crimes in guarded towns could be jailed there!

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 10:04:33 pm »

Sure would be fun to see a roleplay *in game* prison tho. Maybe characters committing crimes in guarded towns could be jailed there!
exactly, something like an RP prison for rep loss, like TLA's Hell(i know from SDK)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.