"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 10, 2024, 12:47:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: First Aid requires First Aid Kits  (Read 7950 times)

Re: First Aid requires First Aid Kits
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 11:13:22 pm »

man, suggestions like this makes the game less enjoyable. Sneak is next to useless and pretty much everything else beside first aid science and repair is useless. I dont want first aid skill to be useless in the next update -.- instead of modifying what already works, devs should introduce new game mechanics to make the game more enjoyable...

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 11:17:21 pm »

I call bullshit on this one.

You ever saw even one person who specialize in combat medicine? I am not saying there is no use for FA in combat, god that statement would be retarded. I'm saying nobody plays a dedicated combat medic.

Yeah, doctor skill can un-cripple one person. One. FA skill can be used once, maybe twice in very long figths. There is no base to get specialized in combat medicine.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:19:24 pm by Giemz »

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 11:22:40 pm »

You ever saw even one person who specialize in combat medicine? I am not saying there is no use for FA in combat, god that statement would be retarded. I'm saying nobody plays a dedicated combat medic.
Yeah, I did (Dr Jovanka, there were 2 or 3 more I don't really remember). And the reason we don't see more is because being a dedicated medic and not a fighter with some basic (cause 120-150 FA and 80-100 Doc IS basic) medical knowledge (which all soldiers are supposed to have anyway, so it's not even unrealistic) is because it is boring as hell when compared with actually taking part in combat and getting satisfying kills.
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 11:33:11 pm »

Kills are not the only thing that brings the satisfaction. Being a crucial part of the team is too. To be honest I think the main problem in playing medic is that it shines in team play and sucks in solo. One thing that could help is having two distinct cooldowns, one for heal self and another for heal other. A person with the ability to provide 100hp heals to two or three persons during a figth will be more then wanted in a group.

As it is now, shooters could have a basic medicine knowledge, but there is no need for someone with 200FA, 160 Doc and only 100-120 in SG i.e. apart from hardcore RP. And being a medic is boring because you can't actually be a medic. You are a one-use medpack.
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 11:01:09 am »

With current cooldowns on FA specialized combat medic is not very effective.

With 200 FA cooldown is 90seconds.
With 300 FA cooldown is 60 seconds.

That means with FA specialized build you can get into action around one time per minute, and in that time you can heal one person - which means you heal around 200HP per one minute.
In contrary player with big gun can do around 150 damage with each burst, which takes him several seconds.

That's why every fighter has to have a knowledge in medicine, because he can be pretty much dead after the first contact with enemy and don't have time to wait for medic to get to him from the other end of the map (especially when medic can be killed on the way or have to use FA on himself)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:07:09 am by Misiolap »
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 06:29:05 pm »

FA is only worth having if you have 10 luck anyways, it sucks otherwise.

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 07:39:16 pm »

First of all you need to ask devs if they realy wanna have something like combat medics in game .
if so then :
enable reduce of cooldown of FA to 90s. (probably by perks )
Enable reduce in doctor to 5-10 mins.

my additional suggestion would be:
Add something liek chem pack for doctors - with it doctor can enchance combat capabilities of his mates - possible results:
morphine - affected player is able to fight where normal person wouldnt - he can fight up to "-100hp" or /and he dont suffer penalty from crippled arms / legs.
jet like - increases AP similar to jet (doesnt stack with jet ofc)
eye stimulation - +2 perception
steroids - +2 str +2 endurance

those share 1 min CD last 5 mins. One person can only have one of those buffs on at time.

just idea better or worse depanding if we wanna have dedicated doctors...
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 07:40:20 pm »

how does LuCK impact healing done by FA?
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 07:59:09 pm »

how does LuCK impact healing done by FA?
I think with 10 Luck you will gain hit points equal to your first aid skill each time you use it. With lower luck you will just get some random value (lesser).
Anyway I don't think FA is useless with Luck<10, just not so efficient.
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who

avv

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 08:06:43 pm »

Depends on what you put on the category of suck. First aid is always useful because it's free healing. There's no reason not to use FA when injuredand and the danger is over.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 08:09:24 pm »

Getting a random amount of health isn't that useful in pve, knowing that you'll be fully healed is.

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 11:53:34 pm »

Hmm.... actually you may be rigth on this one. Healing gunshot wounds with the "lay on hands" method is kinda silly. So there is a need for some type of combat enviroment medpack or medbag. That have the use on option. And a cooldown of let's say half the FA skill. Doctor operations shouldnt be possilbe in combat anyway. And another reason to get doctor craft proffesion. Maybe even Adv. Med-Bag at 3'rd level of proffesion that is even more useful.
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 01:08:32 am »

Being able to jab yourself for full hp is quite pwoer full idd - however having 10 luck and enough points ot get FA to 150-180 points is not realy possible for pure combat character -you will need do sacrifice something ...
i guess only melee chars can go with it freely ...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:23:41 am by Attero »
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 01:32:12 am »

My big guns char has it tagged along with repair because I only need science at like 80 and with 9 int I have the points to do it. Tradeoff is I only have 6 ap so I can shoot once and not move in TB.

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.