"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 09:54:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Online Stats  (Read 15414 times)

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Online Stats
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:59:00 pm »

Released:26 I 2011
Made by:WHINE Team (We Have Ini, Not Engine): JovankaB, Reconite, Skejwen, Wipe

MOD Description:

It has been a long time since WHINE published anything... After few client mods, more or less finished, and alot of garbage that never saw the light of day, we proudly present OnlineStats - A server mod which allows tracking of various informations about your alts, and friend's characters, without logging into the game. Currently, OnlineStats is made of two packages - Vault-Tec DB and XFire, described below.
Remember, if you choose to use this:

Configuration:

To configure any package, you have to type ~online_stats in your chat box, or simply click "Online" button on character screen (which replaces the unused "Print"). This will bring up a simple screen, where you can enable or disable various options provided by the mod. Remember, if for some reason, the mod cannot be initialized, command will not work and normal "Print" button will be used. Config screen is only place where you can change OnlineStats options.

Package: Vault-Tec DB

Heart of the whole mod, which allows one to take a look at another person's character(s), simply using a browser. For people who do not want to share all informations, option for hiding various character statistics/informations has been added; name, gender and age are always visible. Parts that you can show/hide are: SPECIAL, experience, life, statistics, skills, traits, perks, professions, karma, addictions, reputation, and finally - kills. If you enable any option, your character will be added to the database and become available for everyone. If all settings are off - character is removed from db.
Characters statistics are updated once per hour.

If you want to show your character to other players, use following link, replacing ID with your character id (to check your id, use ~myinfo command).
Code: [Select]
http://fonline2238.net/vtdb/char.php?ID
Package: XFire

Inspired by this thread, added some details to be displayed in XFire client, using Xfire SDK, if player wants to. Things you can show your XFire friends are: name / level of currently played char and name of location you are in. One thing always displayed is the name of server you are currently in. In free time we will publish example of using XFire SDK with FOServ, if anyone is interested.

Instructions on how to add FOnline to XFire can be found here or here.

Installation info:

Integrated with FOnline:2238 client.

Links:

VTDB homepage
XFire community

Other info:

Thanks to:
  • #2238mod for tests and opinions
  • Sybil for lot of help and patience
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:20:19 am by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Re: Online Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:02:29 am »

This is very cool, nice work indeed! Time to broadcast!

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 12:31:58 pm »

Very awesome work, but few problems:

http://fonline2238.net/vtdb/char.php?20767

My char screen is very ugly, while this one for example: http://fonline2238.net/vtdb/char.php?39901 is good
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 06:43:59 pm »

Very awesome work, but few problems:

http://fonline2238.net/vtdb/char.php?20767

My char screen is very ugly, while this one for example: http://fonline2238.net/vtdb/char.php?39901 is good

Fixed partially, characters with non-alphanumeric symbols or russian letters may have problems still. Will gone in a day or two.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 11:06:13 am »

also can you try to make a forun link for sigs, just like mine
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 09:53:10 am »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 09:54:22 am »

Is there anyway to get character stats, if i lost that link and account deleted?

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 02:33:38 pm »

Are there plans to get this fine piece of work up and running again?

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 06:28:24 pm »

I just attempted to setup signature badges for three of my characters and am having an issue with two of them.  I realize there hasn't been an update on here in a year and change, but here's hoping someone is still working on the VTDB mod anyway.

-r-Yakovitch:
-r-Crunch:
S.Petrikov:

So the two -r- characters don't seem to work with this system.  I noticed the post mentioning that there was a temporary issue with non-alphanumeric text in character names, but that was over two years ago and the note said it was going to be fixed so I'm not certain that's the only issue.  The third character, S.Petrikov seems to be working just fine.  All three have the exact same options enabled through the Online screen in-game.

If no one is actively developing and/or bug-fixing this mod I'd definitely be interested in picking up where the last developer left off.  I've been coding database driven PHP applications for 15 years now and am sure I'd be able to run with it and get some fixes in place.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 19 queries.