"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 01:04:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fallout 2 another version game  (Read 1609 times)

Fallout 2 another version game
« on: March 21, 2011, 10:11:30 pm »

Hello all.
I have polish version of this game can I play FOnline in this version?
If not were can I find english version ?

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: Fallout 2 another version game
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:12:43 pm »

Yes you can.

You need only Master.dat and critter.dat which has nothing to do with your language setting of the game.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 02:08:54 am »

All of writings will be in english. Only some images like "USE ON" or "BURST" will be in polish. I play using german master.dat and i know nothing of german language lol.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 02:18:52 am »

All of writings will be in english. Only some images like "USE ON" or "BURST" will be in polish. I play using german master.dat and i know nothing of german language lol.
That takes like 80% of the awesomeness out of the game :o.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:33:37 am »

That takes like 80% of the awesomeness out of the game :o.

Not if it is in his native language. Gotta agree with you though, even though I'm from germany I could never stomach the translation. Original content all the way here (english version).

Majer

• Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 02:46:26 am »

I wonder why did you buy a game in a language you can't understand... I guess that your local store has lot of games, even a version for different domestic market.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 04:51:31 am »

Not if it is in his native language. Gotta agree with you though, even though I'm from germany I could never stomach the translation. Original content all the way here (english version).

Yeah... English all the way! For the win, as they say.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 07:37:47 am »

Same here. Althought I probably hated the translation mostly because it was in Spanish form Spain, and not the Spanish we speak in our country. Anyway, everything is better in its original language, so if you can understand it, go for it.
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 11:09:33 am »

I wonder why did you buy a game in a language you can't understand... I guess that your local store has lot of games, even a version for different domestic market.

Kinda funny story but I'll tell ya if u wonder :).

Long time ago in a galaxy far far away called Poland the computer games were very expensive. It was really some huge time ago and I was just a kid. So i went for a trip to Berlin and there found Fallout 2 very cheap. I had hope that it's in english cause there was no info about the language on the box. My bad - it was german.I've

I can speak english thx to cartoon network and fallout so i figured maybe it'll work the same for german language. It didn't. German is kind of language i just cannot understan never ever.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 03:26:12 pm »

Thanks !
It works, but now i need little help to survive in the Wasteland:)
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 05:53:06 pm »

Go to NCR, talk with people. Many of them are Polish like me and u.

Majer

• Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares.
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 12:19:17 am »

Nawet jeżeli to prawda, a ten niemiecki sklep nie był usytuowany na niedzielnym placu, czy też serwerze w sieci wymiany bezpośredniej plików, to wypadałoby jednak kupić tę grę teraz. Szczególnie, że tania jak barszcz. Były nawet jako bonus niedawno w magazynie "Play", pomijając gog.com. W każdym razie, skoro nie rozumiesz niemieckiego, to znaczy, że nie grałeś i tułaczka wybrańca jest opowieścią zupełnie ci obcą, więc nadrób zaległości, bo gra jest warta tego.

Short english version:
Story does not amuse me.
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 01:15:36 am »

Nie wiem co próbujesz wyperswadować drogi Majer, ale chyba pospieszyłeś się nieco z oceną mojej osoby.

Na niedzielnym placu w pewnych czasach kupowałem mnóstwo gier, tyle samo też zapewne ściągnąłem. Co nie zmienia faktu, że najprawdopodobniej zakupiłem więcej oryginałów niż jeden Polak tutaj. Fallout2 angielski też zapewne gdzieś jest, ale znając moje zamiłowanie do bałaganu musiałbym szukać go godzinami, a niemiecki był pod ręką. Nie robi to przecież wielkiej różnicy.

A co do tułaczki wybrańca, to kłócić się nie chcę, ale zabrzmiało troszkę jakbyś próbował ojca uczyć dzieci robić. Zatem uwierz mi na słowo, że tułaczkę tę znam, lecz nie kręci mnie przechodzenie jej w języku, którego kompletnie nie rozumiem.

Short english version:
It's impossible to satisfy everybody.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.