"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 02:26:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Minefield event #1  (Read 3305 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Minefield event #1
« on: January 24, 2010, 06:41:27 pm »

Today (January 24, 2009) happened the first small Minefield event.

We were not able to schedule it, sorry for this. However, a lot of people came, so it is quite a success.

The event's plot was quite simple. In Ares Military Base (East of Vault City), there were guards, and mining machines as a border. Ouside that safe area : A mine field. In the middle of that mine field : Two Brotherhood Combat Armor. The winners were Asgard from The Spades and Undertaker69 from The Modoc Throws.
Since it wasn't really possible to exploit/abuse this event, it was a fair one ; but players kept running straight to the CA, even if the safest way was to find another route to get near it... Lemmings !
The event lasted approximately one hour.

Here are some screenshots I took :

For next ones, we'll try to :

• Make respawn points closer.
  • Make it in an interior map.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:47:35 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
Re: Minefield event #1
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 06:47:38 pm »

even if the safest way was to find another route to get near it... Lemmings !
Third pic is the best.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 06:53:08 pm »

The easiest way was to run around the map in a big circle and take the way from north to south.

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 06:57:53 pm »

Haha, really? I got there pretty late so I thought someone woulda tried that.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

avv

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:06:17 pm »

Izual and his guards are standing on thin air.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 10:31:01 pm »

The easiest way was to run around the map in a big circle and take the way from north to south.

It was only easiest if you know that beforehand. And even then it's better to go with the flow but be really carefull not to stand near idiots and try to move at the rigth time. With about 5-10 respawn time [you need to get back, remember] you got two, maybe three chances to even try. Not enough to try diffrent approaches if you are not an organized group. And would you rather try to make a marathon around the minefield or go for a quick sprint?

Would be even more fun without the server drop and a random encounter with 8 stationary plants each waiting 30 secs before figuring out they can't move and i'm out of their reach. It was great fun nonetheless :) I didn't win but I gathered quite a lot of usefull dropovers from people [me watches at his brand new hunting rifle].

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 11:58:02 pm »

Third pic is the best.

First one is the best :)

When I tried to run around map to get BoS mines owned me anyways... Still nice event, but you could give APA as reward, because many gangs have BoS armors.
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 09:48:07 pm »

Look my radio near CA :)...DAMN i was so happy when i got close....and than i blow up  :-[
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.