"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 11:25:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More quests like Stranded Ship! please!!  (Read 1374 times)

Rascal

• FOnline2!
More quests like Stranded Ship! please!!
« on: December 26, 2010, 10:42:27 pm »

Game lacks of a really cool dungeon/quests like stranded shipp for high level players. Stranded ship is very popular and liked -> players want moreee! There is only one! non-quest dungeon in the game -> The glow... and only one quest/dungeon -> Stranded shipp.

If there would be more such fun stuff where u have to fight tough mobs, have to use high skills, like locpick,repair,science,traps etc and in exchange gets beside of fun ofcooz - some good loot like CA and stuff in stranded shipp.

u could do some quest involving faction situation like BOS,Enclave, Riders etc.

For example:

(BOS) ur ordered to destroy a new discovered hideout off remants of the master army (a big cave full of muties witf some human friends).  (add some cool stroyline and its great)
(BOS) bos technicians capture enclave radio signal and solved that there will be made a deal between enclave patrol (virtibird included) and communists form SF. ur order is to killem all and bring important intelligence materials and loading to bos  - (good location forest-like  full of fight in RT with enclave and SF forces, and in the middle vertibird and some big group of enemies - mission for real badasses only) after that - reward in BoS base. (maybe something uniqe like turbo plasma rifle ?)

those two are just fast examples. If there would be more such quests in the game i think it will gain a lot on attractiveness.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:45:26 pm by Rascal »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: More quests like Stranded Ship! please!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 01:25:54 am »

Taken from the Wiki (http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Enclave_faction):

Reputation changes when joining

(...)
Communists    -500    Antipathy
(...)

Because of this, the Enclave-San Francisco Communists deal doesn't make much sense... What about Enclave and Salvatore family?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 02:42:55 am »

The problem with stuff like this is, that it takes a tremendeous amount of time. Its not that one just presses a knob here and there and a cool quest pops out. No, bigger stuff can take months. I see it for myself, I am working on some bigger dungeon like thingy which will be repeatable, nut its impossible to make it"next update, I promise!!!1".

JmanDong

• Lord of Dongs
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:17:42 am »

I liked the Stranded Ship quest and I would love to see more quests like it. I expected there to be tons of quests like it when I started FOnline but was really dissapointed.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 06:45:11 am »

the game is still in mehanics development and combat balancing so its not being given full attention atm probably, just give it a little more time.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 10:33:43 am »

Taken from the Wiki (http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Enclave_faction):

Reputation changes when joining

(...)
Communists    -500    Antipathy
(...)

Because of this, the Enclave-San Francisco Communists deal doesn't make much sense... What about Enclave and Salvatore family?

yeah ur right but even enemies sometimes are making some deals dont they. Ofcooz I just gave fast examples from my hot mind so it dont have to be exactly like I wrote :D

I am working on some bigger dungeon like thingy which will be repeatable, nut its impossible to make it"next update, I promise!!!1".

Wow it's great news!

The problem with stuff like this is, that it takes a tremendeous amount of time. Its not that one just presses a knob here and there and a cool quest pops out. No, bigger stuff can take months. I see it for myself,

I understand :(  its a shame that I know shit about programming and stuff and cant help :(

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 12:50:35 pm »

Is this quest taken from TLA server?

Is there any possibility to take another existing quests from TLA?
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 01:55:25 pm »

Is this quest taken from TLA server?

Is there any possibility to take another existing quests from TLA?

It is not taken from the TLA server.

avv

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 02:45:40 pm »

I heard devs like designing quests by themselves because it's actually exciting part in the development.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.